Sign in to follow this  
ImperialJohn

Imperial MOC

Since the Pirate MOC thread has turned in to at Viking vs. Pirate discussion ;)

I would like to start of a new one to display the progress of my Imperial MOC :D

Here is a early look into the basement of the fortress

soldier98.jpg

AS you can see it holds a prison :oD

Soon also storage / armory / and perhaps stables ?!?

Since the Pirate MOC thread has turned in to at Viking vs. Pirate discussion  ;)

I would like to start of a new one to display the progress of my Imperial MOC :D

Here is a early look into the basement of the fortress, as you can see it holds a prison  :oD

Soon also storage / armory / and perhaps stables ?!?

Yes, I endorse the creation of any NEW Pirate/Imperial thread. It further justifies my future vision of a Pirate forum! Pitty we didn't think to create a Pirates Vs Viking Thread.

This is a magnificent start Imperial John! Exactly how big is it going to be? Stables are a good idea and another facet the Pirate theme lacked - calavary! I always imagined Imperial Guards on elegant white horses for some reason.

And how do you afford all these pieces? Are you a millionaire that can just buy as many pieces as you can find on BrickLink and eBay?

Well, white bricks are easy to come by in my collection, at least, and I could probably scrounge up those yellow bricks as well. I'll bet he got the jail doors on Bricklink, though.

In any case, it looks splendid! I'll bet it's really imposing when it's done - can't wait to see what the roof looks like (my favorite part of imperial creations). Keep up the good work!

The jail cells could be a bit smaller.They're not supposed to be even a bit comfy.You should add some rats for detail too.Other than that,it's great! :o

One question at the time ;)

1. the fortress will cover two large grey baseplates (96x48) - plus it will have city and habor on 96x80

2. I'm not a millionaire - Wish I where.

3. Jaildoors are from sets bought on ebay and other persons collection I have bought. eg. I have three 6259 Broadside's Brig

4. I think the pirates will be less comfy when the cells are filled with 8-10 of them. And of cause they will have rats to keep them company.

But stay tuned. More to come.

Nice start John! I like the prison cells and the white/yellow structure looks very classic!

Can't wait to see what you do to it! :)

Jon.

:oo Its really starts well, I cannot wait to see it finished ;)

Just a small comment so far: why did you cover the left wall with white bricks because you already have the "stone" parts?

It could save you white bricks and would make thje interior cell more "raw", directly cut in the stone wall.

For outside the cell area, why you don't put some grey bricks instead of whites to have that same raw structure (directly cut in the stone).

Really impressive "beginning" ;)

Just don't think that BURP's are that pretty from behind *sick*

But the idea to have rocks in the wall :oD I'll try it.

My bad :$

Thanks for the list ;) BTW they are not that ugly ;)

I didn't say that you had to put bURPs behind, I was just saying on the side. Keep the white bricks behind, thats for sure.

Starting with the live stock in the other end ;) Here are some pig's

soldier97.jpg

Is it even posible to see that it is pig's ?!? *wacko*

Nice work on the animal stables (prison :P). Maybe you could add brown or pink to make them look a little more piggish?

Jon.

Erf I can't see the first pic :/

I just see those "shippy" pigs (just they're black and white, try pink colors ;) )

I'll edit this post when I'll see more pictures |-/

Is it even posible to see that it is pig's ?!?

I can see the pigs but I'm not sure they're really working for me. Unless I was told they were pigs I would have no idea what they were. When I saw the picture I thought "Heh, what on Earth are they?" Is there any Lego pigs in existence? They've made just about every other animal...

Interesting use of red for the doors but they do stand out quite a bit though. Did you want such contrast in the interior of the building? Personally I'd use a more netural colour and save red for the exterior. But that's just me!

You're doing a good job none the less!

Now thats a pig! :-D

I think that the dino teeth and cyclinder really work well to look like a pig, much better than the last ones :)

Jon.

I guess that imperial soldiers never eat pig (to difficult to make  *wacko* )

Yep! That piggy works a lot better!

But the little bugger needs a pair of peepers!

Great job ImperialJohn!!! I cant wait to see more!!! I remember I made something simalar with my older bro when I was like 5.

a pair of WHAT!

I think he meant eyes.. but if you look closely at the pic you can see the pigs white eye and a faint eyebrow too! ;)

Jon.

a pair of WHAT!

I think he meant eyes.. but if you look closely at the pic you can see the pigs white eye and a faint eyebrow too! ;)

Jon.

Mein Gott! Its true!