Set Number: 70007

Price: ?

Pieces: 223

Minifigures: 2

Year of release: 2013

The Box

Front

1b.jpg

The background of the box is not blurred and the tryes meant to be still.

This is unusal but that makes no difference to the actual model.

1c.jpg

At lower right corner of the box, you can find the words 'CONVERTS TO JET'. That's the main feature of the set which we'll go through later.

Back

2.jpg

Sorry for the photo above that the quality is quite bad. Anyway, you can still see Razcal and Eglor fighting for the Chi at the uper right corner. At the left hand side , you can find '1', '2' and '3' showing you how to invert the bike to a plane. There's also the website of The Legends of Chima.

The Sides

3a.png

The sides is quite simple. There's the 1:1 image of the minifigure. This time it's Eglor because it's his set, his Twin Bike. Note that I bought (actually this is my birthday present given by my younger brother) this in Hong Kong ToysRus.

The Contents

3b.jpg

There's two numbered bags, two big tryes, a small sticker sheet and an instruction booklet.

The intruction booklet is quite thick, it got 80 pages because it contains at least 10 pages of advertisement.

The Intruction Booklet

1.jpg

Like every Lego set, the animation at the front of the intruction booklet is the same as the animation at the front of the box.

2.jpg

As most of the Lego sets (ecept Friends sets) nowdays, there's a cute little Lego boy building his Lego by building the first bag and the sencond one separtedly.

9-1.jpg

Click to view bigger image

Like all Chima sets, there's two pages in the middle showing all the charaters in The Legends of Chima line.

These are the advertisements.

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

3.jpg

The first bag is for the bottom of the bike, the minifigs, the jetpack (helicopter?) and two Chi crystals.

Minifigures

8.jpg

The first one is Eglor. He's the only Eagle that is dark blue in colour and got amour printing on his body.

Unlike other Eagles (like Equila and Ewar), he got a high-tech eyeglass instead of the Eagle gogles.

9.jpg

The backprinting of Eglor is amazing detailed, he got some kind of a belt over his body.

10.jpg

Here is Eglor with the amour, mask and weapon on. He's so cool that he is the second favourite Eagle minifig after Eris.

11.jpg

Here is Eglor with his another face. The only difference between the two faces is the second of don't have that high-tech glass.

4.jpg

Let me introduce you the next minifig in this set - Razcal. He isn't exclusive to this set because he appears in the Razcal's Glider set and a polybag.

Again, like all Chima figs, he is amazing detailed. From the eye's to the chest with Chi and the toes are all printed detailed.

5a.jpg

The back of his face is kind of a scared or shocked face, but this time I really want to complain: The backprinting is not that detailed! Really, this minifig hasn't got nice backprinting.

5b.jpg

Razcal got a new amour piece this time, but there's a 2x1 gray piece under his wings because that can make us easier to take off his wings and fit him into the jetback.

7b.jpg

You way not see the 2x1 gray piece but trust me, it's really there.

6.jpg

Here's Razcal with all his body amour, gun and mask on. I can just say: He's so cool.

7a.jpg

And here's Razcal with his second face.

The Models

12a.jpg

This is Razcal's jetback, with purple feathers on top and two rubber pieces.

placeholder_image.jpg

Here's the back of it. There's a feature here that when you spin the wheel, the feathers will spin so. This is a very simple feature that is easy for kids (like me) to follow

13.jpg

''Let me destroy you, wings!'' said Razcal. ''I no longer need you because I'll have a new jetback!''

Just making fun of the fact that Razcal have to take of his wings to get into the jetback.

14.jpg

Here's how Razcal get into his jetback. The following photo will show Razcal after getting into the jetpack.

15.jpg

8-1.jpg

The second bag is for finishing the whole bike.

16.jpg

And here's the completed twin bike.

17.jpg

This is the front view of the twin bike, with blasters and a beak to make it looks like an Eagle.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Here are the sides of the twin bike.

20.jpg

Here's the look after converting to a jet.

The following pictures will show you how to convert it to a jet.

12.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpgThat's mainly all of the set. Hope you enjoy my review and bye.

I don't know whether to like this set or not. The idea is great but the execution is not so. Also there is Razcal's little copter which is quite lame :look: The bike's colors are great with nice design, but in flying mode the model looks silly, especially with those claws, or what should I call those.

Also I noticed that in the new summer Lego catalogue and in the Chima summer wave sets' BI that the Croc hideout is not shown in any of them among the sets, it's strange, but I dont think it will be a limited set.

Thanks for the review, although you haven't shared your opinion about the set.

Eh.

I'm on the fence,it looks great and fits the animal.

But the set IMO isn't as interesting as the other summer Chima sets.

For its price point it's great and I think anybody who loves the eagles should pick it up.

I think this set's conversion function is ingenious. Much better than many earlier "land to air" conversions in LEGO where at least one mode or the other felt incredibly awkward. Here, the flight mode doesn't resemble any real-world aircraft and doesn't look entirely aerodynamic, but the important thing for me is that if you were to look at the flight mode without having previously seen the land mode, you wouldn't automatically recognize that it transforms into a bike. For me that's a big part of any transforming model: each mode should look like the model was designed with that mode in mind.

I wish you had taken photos of the flight mode from more angles. But otherwise this is a great review!

I second Aanchir's comment that the conversion design is excellent. I just bought this set yesterday, on impulse, after looking at the box in the store and realizing that it converted. I'd seen the set on various sites, but never noticed that aspect of the model. I'm a huge, huge fan of things that change forms or transform into robots. This model reminds me of a cheesy yet cool 80's cartoon called M.A.S.K., where every vehicle and some buildings, convert to a combat mode. It's easily one of my top 3 favorite Chima sets, and just a lot of fun to play around with. If you go for this sort of thing, I highly recommend it. If you're like me, you'll have it careening off the table, converting to jet mode, and flying all sorts of aerial maneuvers. Great fun!

Very detailed review - thank you :-)

Nice to see a set with something like a second design or transformation feature. I'm not too keen on the bike but the jet looks very cool. I wonder if they designed the jet first and worked back to the bike?

Thanks for the review, matthechan191! The set its self is a bit lack-luster in my opinion,but LEGO seems to have perfected the land-to-air transformation.