xwingyoda

Transport Container (7992) Pic Review

index2.jpg

Ok my Padawans, *yoda* strikes again but city style :-P !! Its only normal since City is my second favorite theme ! Enough of that and lets hit the review, shall we ? (d�oh, that was a rethorical question those of you who said yes :-D lololol). Enjoy !!

This quite small set is a great addition to the �harbour� sub theme (at least its how I view it). First here is a pic of the small instruction booklet and darn DSS !!

img_3626.jpg

1/MF & Extras

Its too bad that this set only comprises 1 MF, especially that this MF has nothing new (pretty boring actually). In fact, let me do a parallel with SW (yes, even in city mind you !!): oh yeay yet another Boba !! I don�t have a huge collection of city sets, but I do have this fig in a lot of multiple (oh well...).

img_3627.jpg

The intersting extras are the Containers. There are two different ones: a big classic red one (I do say classic because there is thre same in the Port set) that opens, and an open one which can hold the crate with red barrels + the two �italien� barrels (due to the coloring hehe).

img_3628.jpg

img_3629.jpg

img_3630.jpg

img_3631.jpg

2/Vehicle

This vehicle is quite weird looking with its 4 front wheels !! This makes it look like a mean machine. I guess its to support the mak of 10 tons it can carry !! The telescoping arm is a) extensible and b) capable of moving up and down !! I am not a real fan of green but its good to have another color than the classic yellow *cough cough*

img_3632.jpg

img_3633.jpg

img_3634.jpg

img_3635.jpg

img_3636.jpg

img_3637.jpg

Oh look, our Lego employee is looking at me (say �hi� to my friends at Eurobricks). Watch out dude, you are moving some inflatable stuff !! loool Oh boy, its fun to notice that Lego City has not implemented the forbidding of night labour :-D

img_3638.jpg

img_3639.jpg

OK guys thats all for the review of this small set !!

*yoda*

this looks pretty cool, however, i think the price was kinda high for just these elements, a car and a minifig. How much did you pay, yoda?

25 euro for this?

that means it will be 30 in Greece! 8-

This vehicle is quite weird looking with its 4 front wheels !! This makes it look like a mean machine. I guess its to support the mak of 10 tons it can carry !! The telescoping arm is a) extensible and b) capable of moving up and down !! I am not a real fan of green but its good to have another color than the classic yellow *cough cough*

If you've seen the real ones, you know they're a staggering sight to behold. There really isn't much that can compare when it comes to weird looks, proportions and width.

Anyway, I've been designing train cars to hold this type of containers. What does the underside of the containers look like?

Anyway, I've been designing train cars to hold this type of containers. What does the underside of the containers look like?

All the different containers do have the same underside !! I will post pics for you tomorrow ;-)

*yoda*

25... ouch, ok i'll just buy one when it's on sale at the end of the year, but to think that the already legendary firetruck of a few years back was only 19... then i do have to wonder what exactly is sooooo expensive to produce that it has pushed the price so high..

btw, great review, yoda. even though you do know that the entire world is waiting for your Eiffel tower review, don't ya? :-P

btw, great review, yoda. even though you do know that the entire world is waiting for your Eiffel tower review, don't ya? :-P

loooool so much pressure on meessa head right now :-P Until then I am in a frenzy review mode !! I shall go a pick up a new set today to review tonight lololol

Review Mode still On !!

*yoda*

Very fine. A good addition to the port. And it could be transformed

into a giant dune buggy with ease.... X-D

I really want this and the port. Thanks for the review!

I think the price may be a little high, but then again it is a very unusual vehicle with an unusual colour. I also like the two containers that it comes with, I was expecting just one.

especially that this MF has nothing new (pretty boring actually).

*yoda*

Are you sure? It's the first time that I see this face. It looks like the new classical smiley but the smile is different, whith an open mouth so we see the teeth...

Maybe I'm wrong...

Btw, good review and thanks to share this new set with us.

Now I will read the port review...

Are you sure? It's the first time that I see this face. It looks like the new classical smiley but the smile is different, whith an open mouth so we see the teeth...

I haven't seen this face earlier, either.. :-/

And I don't think that minifigs with orange overalls are boring.. ;-)

I'm probably going to pick up this set when it goes on sale or something... I dont know how much its going to be in CAD$.

Are you sure? It's the first time that I see this face.

I think I had MFs with that face before, humm I will have to check that tonight !! If its a new face good hehe.

And I don't think that minifigs with orange overalls are boring.. ;-)

Me neither, I used boring in the sense of "great another one |-/ " Our city needs a lot more civilians and especially females !! We don't need that many orange coats IMO :-P

*yoda*

Sorry for double posting but I fogot to answer Freddie's request ;-)

Ok Freddie, here are 2 pics illustrating your query:

img_3897.jpg

img_3898.jpg

Hope that helped ;-)

*yoda*

I think I had MFs with that face before, humm I will have to check that tonight !!

*yoda*

Have you got the time to sleep? I meen between building all your new sets, taking pics and making a review for us (thanks). And you will check the mystery of the maybe-new-minifig-face?! With all the minifigs you seem to have? I'm tired for you :-D

Just hope that I'm right >:-)

Sorry for double posting but I fogot to answer Freddie's request ;-)

Ok Freddie, here are 2 pics illustrating your query:

[image]

[image]

Hope that helped ;-)

*yoda*

Thank you! *y*

No need for me to redesign my container-carrier then. Not that would be a major redesign anyway.

edit; snipped the pictures.

*Calls vader*

HE doubel posted *points* ;-)

Very nice set. Oh and Yoda where do you get these? I would kill to have a shop with new lego sets (The nearest shop with lego has the black sea barracuda as its newest set) near me... Or it Malta for that matter. No one brings SW sets here or the smaller ones. Just the big expencive ones. :-(

25 Euro is quite high since it's listed for 17 on S@H...

IMHO it's a decent successor to 4549 even if it comes without any cargo vehicle and just 1 MF. But the front being 10-wide is ridiculously wide for a vehicle, even in the new scale. Getting rid of the two red Technic pins should help that, though, I think. 4549's stacker was 8-wide in the front and was already wide for the "classic" scale, too, but 10 is a bit too much. Especially when you consider that Model Team was 10/12-wide :-|

I like the lifting mechanism on this one better, though. For 17 Euro I might consider buying it if I can't get my hand on a 4549 ;-)

Thanks for the review and the pics *sweet*

IMHO it's a decent successor to 4549 even if it comes without any cargo vehicle and just 1 MF. But the front being 10-wide is ridiculously wide for a vehicle, even in the new scale. Getting rid of the two red Technic pins should help that, though, I think. 4549's stacker was 8-wide in the front and was already wide for the "classic" scale, too, but 10 is a bit too much. Especially when you consider that Model Team was 10/12-wide :-|

I like the lifting mechanism on this one better, though. For 17 Euro I might consider buying it if I can't get my hand on a 4549 ;-)

Man, I want a 4549 so bad it HURTS. :'-(

It's way better than the 7992, 10 wide is freaking wide. :-|

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4549

Who cannot like that set?! :'-)

Regarding the front wheels being way too wide.

I think you've got the 'inside' pair of wheels on backwards, the red spacers are supposed to fit inside the wheel's indented side.

I'll also say, that while this is a Very Pretty set.

It is Cumbersome to play with,

the 'pneumatic cylinder' pieces look good, but have waaay too much friction, which means you have to disrupt swooshplay to pick it up and pull them into position.

the front wheels are all on a single axle, which makes rolling it around curves a little difficult; you can easily replace the Long Axle with a pair of 5.5axleWithStoppers, to enable wheels on each side to rotate separatly and have a pin connector on the rear wheels. This should make 'vroom vroom' feel a lot nicer on curves.

I also think the connector hook on the cargo boxes is a bit hard to actually hook onto, a 2*2 plate with handlebar would be much easier, assuming 2studs holds on well enough.

On the plus side, Green!

and 6 of the new wheels.

Hello xwingyoda,

Excellent review of the 7992.

I couldn't wait for the store to stock them so I ordered three from ToysRUs Canada. Faster shipping than S@H.

$26.99 CDN which works out to 18.5200 EUR

if the cargo is too heavy... does that mean the little fellow will be sandwiched? ^^

nice review btw thx ^^

Edited by Hobbes