Kanal-K1

7747 Wind Turbine

So guys, next one se which we can expect in 2009.

PHOTO BETTER DELETED. :pirate:

Edited by Kanal-K1

Wow, this one is looking really cool. Do I see an Octan sticker on the Wind Turbine? Hopefully it will be available for everyone! :classic:

Beatiful! :cry_happy: I think that this set is really cool!

i know!

i was very tempted to attempt the Vestas Promo Turbine when I saw it on here - but seeing the instructions it is massive!

now this is perfectly in scale and beautifull design!

barry over and out!

10-4

I'm disappointed. I was hoping that something of the size of the Vestas windmill was coming in another set. The windmill of that set (7747) is too small for my taste. Real windmills are extremely big. So the Vestas windmill corresponds much more to reality.

Thank you very much for this pic, Kanal-K1! :sweet:

This set is absolutely :wub: :wub: :wub: !

- The only thing I don't like that much is that the wind power plant seems to be very small (only about 20 stucks high - and the "wings" seem to contact nearly the ground). :sad:

+ Apart from that it's simply wonderful: a great transport vehicle (with doors!), an awesome designed little vehicle (with doors!), a very nice wind power plant and a lot of great accessory (is the yellow "thing" the turbine?)! :oh: :oh: :oh:

Great job, TLG! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

More awesome designed sets on! More special sets on! More environmental sets on!

Wow, this one is looking really cool. Do I see an Octan sticker on the Wind Turbine? Hopefully it will be available for everyone! :classic:

Perhaps I even see wrong but I think that when you augment the picture you can see this round emblem be decided up in three parts - that could be a emblem of a wind power plant. Besides an Octan emblem wouldn't make sense since Octan stands for fuel and oil.

Does anyone know or can anyone think about whether the wind turbine includes a PF motor on top?

Fact is that there surely won't be place for a battery box inside the wind power plant since it seems to have only a radius of four stucks.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

agreed this one might be a little to short, so maybe some modification will be needed to raise the turbine shaft, but i still think the Vestas Promo was positvely strataspheric, and a very big hazard to cruising aircrafts!

as for Octan moving into renewables... i think is possible- look at Shell and BP who are both exploring a range of options for when the black gold runs dry!

i'm sure the Octan executives will be worried about any new companies moving into thier quite monopolised market, and so will be attempting to head off competition and remain the number 1 player in there market!

barry over and out!

takling climate change in lego world!

10-4

lego on!

Edited by barry

I wish they didn't use so much detail on the truck and made the windmill twice as tall.

The reason people like the Vista (Is that the company?) one is because it was huge and in the correct scale.

Nice set, WAY too small.

So how much is the set? 30-40 euro?

no, no, no, no, no!

a better detailed truck is better (and 2 trucks, the yellow one looks four x four-tastic), and we can always modify the turbine shaft to raise it!

the problem will be to resist the tempation to create a wind farm!

its Vesta Energy, a danish company i think, Vista is OS!

lego troopers to the parts bin!

barry over and out!

10-4

and not only that we have a well designed low loader trailer!

there where some issues in 7633 with that trailor, like an issue which was only solved by abandoning the pathetic design of the trailor and starting from scratch to get something which the cat drivers where happy about driving that Midi-Sized ecavator on!

barry over and out!

10-4

This is really an awesome set!

I love the little 'Wind-Turbine' and the truck etc.

A must buy :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

By the way I think it's the end-version, because if you look at the box,

you can find a flashlight from a photo and th

Edited by Bricks

Yes, for minifig-scale it's way too small. I don't care, now it fits better in my future lay-out. I already had plans to order the pieces from the Vestas windmill, with the rare pieces in less rare colours. But I don't have much space, so maybe this is a solution.

I think the wind turbine on the box is printed not-in-scale with the minifig beside it. If you look at the picture, you can see that the base of the turbine is not standing on the same ground as the rest of the set, and in the small picture on the bottom-right the real length of the pole of the turbine is shown when it is transported by the truck. To me it looks it will be taller than the main picture on the box.

this is a real set .

for this summer

Thank you very much for the verification, legomilk! :sweet:

So how much is the set? 30-40 euro?

I think it'll depend on whether it'll include a PF motor or not.

But I highly doubt that it'll include a PF motor since there is supposably not enough space insside the wind power plant for a wire which links the motor with a seperate sold battery box or rechargeable batttery. :sceptic:

I think that with PF motor it would be maximum 70 Euros - without PF motor maximum 60 Euros.

These price guesses seem to be very high - but remark that this set firstly is not a regular set but a set which you will only be aible to find in special toy shops, secondly it includes something very special and outstanding (the wind power plant) and thirdly there are two very lovely and awesome detailed cars included in this set. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: This means firstly many parts and secondly a lot of money to pay.

But one thing is clear: I will of course buy this brilliant set!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

its just a shame they havn't stuck with green for the 'transport truck'...

green truck=very excellent-o-lego (and some green doors? :classic: )

the turbine will probably be undersized though.....

so a brinklink will have to be placed!

the best bit on the box is that poor minifig hauling that missing turbine blade off his trailor...

by hand!

on his own!

i think an inspection by Lego Health & Safety Officials is due!

lego troopers to the parts bin!

barry over and out!

10-4

Edited by barry

environmenta-licous!

barry over an out!

10-4

anything else you have to say?

anyway, i havent heard about this set before so i'll be looking forward to pics :thumbup:

BTW, Klaus-Dieter, you spelled you name wrong :grin:

Edited by prateek

Aww. I'm quite disappointed. I was hoping for something more like 4999, in size, and inclusion of Power Functions...

Oh well, I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway...

It looks like a great set and I think this is the answer why set 4999 wasn't for sale. I think it's a nice set, but it's rather small. I would leave it in the stores, cause the windmill is too small compared with 4999. And the truck is 6 wide, too wide for my layout........

barry, dude, I guess you already know that, but "10-4" = "message received", "acknowledged". Why do you keep using it as a sign-out catch phrase!?

Anyway, this set looks real nice, but at 70EU it would be WAY too overpriced. However, since it is probably going to be a "hard to get" item anyway, I guess that shouldn't be a problem. Collectors' sets usually command steep prices, so this should be no exception.

Edited by Asya & Bobby Otters