Durins Bane

Guess what I'm starting

Been wanting to do this for years... I don't think I'll be done with this until January! I'm just testing out a few ideas on the Keep

9616bfa59df513354081050.jpg

4622c918499313354081500.jpg

Helm's Deep. :cry_happy: If you have enough bricks for this, this'll be flap-jackin' awesome.

Likin' the windows! I shall have to make something "similar." :devil_laugh:

Helm's Deep. :cry_happy: If you have enough bricks for this, this'll be flap-jackin' awesome.

Likin' the windows! I shall have to make something "similar." :devil_laugh:

Yea I'm just seeing what I like. I figured this was the easiest part of the whole castle.

looking good so far! I am really looking forward to how this is going to turn out. looking forward for new updates!

EDIT: thats lots of lookings!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

A test to see if i like this version of the deeping wall. It's tall enough, it bends... but it'll be 250 studs long x2(front and back. Then probably 10-studs wide. I'm not sure if I counted right, but I think there are 20 crenelations...

curve

6f016d6da25f13355171770.jpg

Tallness with Uruk at bottom

0405198d2b7713355170920.jpg

Uruk on top

44e02775581313355170620.jpg

Looking great and I like how you recreate it following the description in the books. The wall being so smooth may not allow for a lot of texture, but it's true to the original, where the small gap for the little waterflow was the only point it could be attacked at. The size is also great and gives the whole thing even more of a feeling of it being a true and effective defense :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it develop further and, once its finished, to watch it in all its glory :classic:

Do you plan to inhabitate it with an army of Eorlingas (i.e.) according to the book or to the movies? The first one may be more expensive (there were ~2000 of them, after all, not counting the reinforcements brought in by Gandalf) but it would certainly look more impressive than the measly ~300 troops they supposedly had during the siege in the movie.

Looking great and I like how you recreate it following the description in the books. The wall being so smooth may not allow for a lot of texture, but it's true to the original, where the small gap for the little waterflow was the only point it could be attacked at. The size is also great and gives the whole thing even more of a feeling of it being a true and effective defense :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it develop further and, once its finished, to watch it in all its glory :classic:

Do you plan to inhabitate it with an army of Eorlingas (i.e.) according to the book or to the movies? The first one may be more expensive (there were ~2000 of them, after all, not counting the reinforcements brought in by Gandalf) but it would certainly look more impressive than the measly ~300 troops they supposedly had during the siege in the movie.

We will see lol... there were no elves there in the book, I think... I hate the middle arch of the keep but I am stumped on how to do a perfect arch so wide...default_sadnew.gif

I am stumped on how to do a perfect arch so wide...default_sadnew.gif

6954908061_7b7d77528e.jpg

That method is pretty good for extended arches. Good luck on the project, looking good so far!

... of course, I forgot that the LoTR fever is spreading. :classic:

Though the first thing that came to my mind seeing those first 2 pictures was :the roman Porta Nigra in Trier , Germany.

I cant help but to see some resemblance.

Good luck with the build!

9616bfa59df513354081050.jpg

This project will be exciting, this bit already looks great, would be nice for background when displaying the LOTR minifigs!

Off to a fantastic start. I am already pondering just how I am going to do this. It will be a pipe dream though, along with the dreams of a giant Star wars diorama. Still, collecting for it will be fun :D

Good stuff!

Starting to look neat so far, but it could use some more detailing, unless you're mainly aiming for a large Helm's Deep..

Right now it's all light grey, but still starting to come along nicely.

Now hopefully soon it'll be my turn to start the Helm's Deep project I've been planning.

~ General Magma

Looking good. I am exited, can't help it.

in the final wall I would suggest putting in some texture, maybe some 2x4 tiles scattered around the wall.

=Legonardo=

Looking good. I am exited, can't help it.

in the final wall I would suggest putting in some texture, maybe some 2x4 tiles scattered around the wall.

=Legonardo=

Like I said, this is just to see the size and what I'm getting myself into...default_sceptic.gif

Will be a very impressive MOC if you manage to collect the pieces to finish it :classic: I admire you for trying something so large :thumbup:

Will be a very impressive MOC if you manage to collect the pieces to finish it :classic: I admire you for trying something so large :thumbup:

I have the bricks, but there are some crazy shapes in this...