deen

New Town

indexed.gif Layout

After a couple of months of collecting dust on my table, I finally decided that it was time to take down my Old town and to build a new one.

For a long time I have wanted to build a harbor inspired on Nyhavn in Copenhagen. So that will be my Easter project. It won't be a copy of it, but it will definitely be colorful. For people who don't know Nyhavn, here is a reference picture.

nyhavn.jpg

Here is my base for it.

cimg2601.jpg

Update will follow. Comments and ideas a welcome.

Great project idea. Great waterfront picture. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Agreed. The base looks promising, can't wait to see what's next!

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this.

Here is my base for it.

Please keep in mind the maximum image size of 800 x 600 pixels (per the side guidelines).

Thanks for all comments

Please keep in mind the maximum image size of 800 x 600 pixels (per the side guidelines).

Sorry about that one. I've fixed it.

I just finished the first facade and will be taking pictures tomorrow when there's more light.

Edited by deen

I look forward to your updates on your harbour town 'deen'. Are the buildings going to be open backed or modular ? :classic:

Brick On 'deen' ! :classic:

I look forward to your updates on your harbour town 'deen'. Are the buildings going to be open backed or modular ? :classic:

Brick On 'deen' ! :classic:

Like my old town, they are open-backed, but the bach will be covered by building poiting to the other side.

Are you going to include the boats too. :classic:

I hope to include a couple of boats when the buildings are finished.

Just finished my second building. Here are some shots of the first 2 buildings. A Bar/club and a luxurious apartment.

Enjoy!

cimg2606.jpg

cimg2608.jpg

cimg2609.jpg

cimg2610.jpg

Nyhavn is in my opinion one of the most beatiful and impresssive streets/channels I've seen. I'm fascinated by it everytime I'm there and in this respect, I'm looking forward to see the development of your town, inspired by Nyhavn. The first two buildings look interesting, the colours are nice, lively, but still not too much. Also, the use of 'old-style' windows fits perfectly.

Also, the use of 'old-style' windows fits perfectly.

Got those old windows a lot cheaper on bricklink than the new ones.

I just added another building. It's a snack bar and an apartment.

Here you go.

cimg2615.jpg

Next building will either be lime or orange...

Great work I love how you have included an old style lego car. It gives it a great old style feel. In my opinion I think the next biulding should be orange rather than lime green But thats just my opinion. :thumbup:

Edited by The Joker1

Ooh! Nice update. The buildings definitely have a 90's feel to them. The colors are great and my vote goes to orange as well. Just to give good variation to the street, you already have a green building. Any plans to add a tiled sidewalk?

Ooh! Nice update. The buildings definitely have a 90's feel to them. The colors are great and my vote goes to orange as well. Just to give good variation to the street, you already have a green building. Any plans to add a tiled sidewalk?

Orange it is then.

At the moment I'm not planning on a tiled sidewalk. I think it might destroy the classic feel the harbour has got. Also I just think it's too expensive to tile a whole town. Though, maybe sometime in the future when the town is completed, I will tile it.

Keep up the good work. Your town also reminds me of Willemstad, Curacao, though its buildings tend to be more pastel. I like how you are building in the old System style, simple construction techniques with just enough creativity to imply more elaborate designs (like the SNOT plates on the front of the blue building). I'll be watching for more updates.

I see you have 6543 Sail 'n' Fly Marina too. I reconize the parts and truck. That set has an abundance of very useful parts.

Orange it is then.

At the moment I'm not planning on a tiled sidewalk. I think it might destroy the classic feel the harbour has got. Also I just think it's too expensive to tile a whole town. Though, maybe sometime in the future when the town is completed, I will tile it.

Too true. It definitely would take away that feeling, good point. I look forward to seeing it grow. Here, here on it being expensive. I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm dreading the day.

I'm sure it will be a very nice MOC, but if i were you, i would stick to the white windows..... In the green building, you put red windows, but i should change them into white... The original picture also has only white windows, and that creates a sort of unity...

But, i like the whole idea!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

This is really nice. I especially like the blue building.

I agree with the white windows though(for the upper stories). Would give it a more light and seaside feeling. I like how you have been including the little umbrella tables like in the original photo.

Looking forward to seeing more

Update! I finished the orange building. It's a trendy night club on the ground floor with some nice apartments (again...) on the top floors. Next house will be lime!

cimg2623.jpg

cimg2625.jpg

cimg2627.jpg

cimg2628.jpg

I'm sure it will be a very nice MOC, but if i were you, i would stick to the white windows..... In the green building, you put red windows, but i should change them into white... The original picture also has only white windows, and that creates a sort of unity...

I get your point. My original reason for using red windows on the green building was my lack of enough white windows for the whole row, and I thought red would look best on the green building. When I get more white windows, I will try to replace the red ones.

Really like how the orange looks with the blue. Like the simplicity of the look, but bits of great detail here and there.

I was just noticing that there are no green building in the original picture. But I realize it is inspiration. Hoping you have fun building the lime one. should look nice next to the orange.

It is looking excellent. I love the choice of colors on all the buildings.

They go very well together. The little details really make it have a classic feel to it. :wub: