Dieselbabes

[HELP] Tower Bridge Lifespan

I am a newbie and I wonder if anyone could tell me how long Tower Bridge has been released and if its likely to be discontinued soon.

Thanks in advance

Bargain or not, it's worth getting it anyway before it gets retired, whether to have it assembled or for part-out and mocing. In my opinion it is one of the best sets released in the last few years that serves both purposes perfectly.

Bargain or not, it's worth getting it anyway before it gets retired, whether to have it assembled or for part-out and mocing. In my opinion it is one of the best sets released in the last few years that serves both purposes perfectly.

I heartily second this. It's a fun build in its own right and a great source of generic parts, particularly for castle, city and architecture style MOCs.

I was thinking about picking up an extra or two before they retired them but then TLG went and announced Orthanc and a new UCS X-Wing fighter. Decisions, decisions...

It's leaving this 'summer', but that usually means between June and September (I would take a hesitant guess at July myself)

As for its replacement... I'll keep you all guessing, but it's actually a building that already exists in the Architecture line-up. The good news in that in terms of scale, it looks more on par with the classic Taj Mahal.

So order soon.

As for its replacement... I'll keep you all guessing, but it's actually a building that already exists in the Architecture line-up. The good news in that in terms of scale, it looks more on par with the classic Taj Mahal.

Oh you are such a tease :classic: As for replacement sets, I've been hoping for a Eiffel Tower sized Space Needle but since you likened the form factor to the Taj Mahal, I'm going to cross my fingers and wish for a White House or a Guggenheim Museum.

In the mean time, I getter start budgeting for another Tower Bridge before it goes away.

I wonder if the next big one will be the Sydney Opera House. I just have one of those feelings about it. :classic:

Since the Sydney opera house has already been tauted as the next one it may be pretty likely it will appear in the future.

Yeah, it's been said before by reliable sources that it is the Sydney Opera House. So at that scale, I'm sure they can really do it justice. Although I liked the small version, even though everyone else hated it.

I have no affinity for Australia (or England for that matter), but I got Tower Bridge and I will probably end up getting the Opera House too.

Can't wait to see official pictures!

If I were you, definitely go get Tower Bridge. It's an amazing piece of Lego. Very detailed, and definitely can be incorporated in any Lego town display. I've seen people MOC'ing this set as if it was a train bridge.

Furthermore, if you consider the following sets a line (if you can actually speak of a line):

- 2000: Statue of Liberty (3450)

- 2007: Eiffel Tower (10181)

- 2008: Taj Mahal (10189)

- 2010: Tower Bridge (10214)

I'll definitely wonder what structure will be next!! Any gossip around?

Off note, some may include the 2009 set Grand Carroussel (10196), although this one if minifig scale.

am i wrong if i want tower bridge for a tan parts pack???

As a source of tan parts this set is simply unbeatable. You'll get loads of them - bricks, plates, arches, and of course cheese slopes. :classic:

For 220 EUR (or whatever price it has in the other parts of the world) you will get much more equal and similar bricks than, say, in 11 sets worth 20 EUR each. And that's what counts most if you need parts for mocing.

Just started this 26 hours ago, and even with sleep, eating, and going out for a couple hours, I'm almost done.

So glad I'm done with the cheese slopes. It was getting OLD putting those things on.

Hi everyone, does anyone know approximately when the Tower Bridge set will be retired? I have decided I definitely need one after a wonderful trip to London and I hope I have enough time to save up for this set before it gets retired.

My local store was told that they would not be getting any more London Bridge in January, and have continued to receive more of them on a regular basis.

The set has been on the list for potential retirement for quite a while now, and with the Sydney Opera House in the lineup, I'd be surprised if they aren't just depleting the last production run now, and when that's gone, it's gone forever.

Are there any new on this set (10214). Is it going to be discontinued, or is it already? I would like to get my hand on this one, but i am thinking about waiting for a bit more. Or should I just act now, before I regret?