CM4Sci

Architecture 2016

Good news, Architecture fans! (Images updated on 16 Dec 15 by WhiteFang)

21028 New York City

21028-1.jpg

21026 Venice

21026-1.jpg

21027 Berlin

21027-1.jpg

21031 Burj Khalifa

21031-1.jpg

Summer:

21028 US Landmark

21029 Buckingham Palace

Edited by WhiteFang

Um... Whole cities? Anyone able to give a better translation than Google?

New York City Building and Construction Toys?

Edited by rollermonkey

Maybe it's a micro build of a portion of the city, like Times Square or something. :shrug_oh_well:

Pretty sure its temporary, just indicating from what city the building/model will be from.

My guess is that each will be a single building in the respective cities. They might be located to existing or planned LEGO Stores, like the Flatiron set which came out very close to the opening of a store in the Flatiron district. As per usual, religious buildings are unlikely candidates.

Some candidates for NYC:

• Chrysler Building (my preference)
  • One WTC (most likely - notable and brand new - big visitors center planned.)
  • Citicorp
  • Woolworth Building
  • Hearst Tower.
  • NY Public Library

Some candidates in Venice:

• Villa La Rotonda, by Andrea Palladio (technically outside Venice, my pick.)
  • Campanile di San Marco (can be completed in a reasonable sized model.)
  • Doge's Palace (difficult to create a reasonable sized model.)

Some candidates in Berlin:

I've only visited Berlin once, so I can't speak to which seems most likely...

• Reichstag (lots of history, and blend of old and new with 1992 renovation.)
  • Berlin TV Tower
  • Charlottenburg Palace

As for why they decided to create a new version of the Burj Khalifa - my guess is that they feel like there is money to be made with a better model of this famous building. (The existing model is one of the weakest in the entire Architecture series.) I would still rather a completely new model than a remake.

What do you think? What iconic buildings have I missed?

---Tom Alphin

As for why they decided to create a new version of the Burj Khalifa - my guess is that they feel like there is money to be made with a better model of this famous building. (The existing model is one of the weakest in the entire Architecture series.) I would still rather a completely new model than a remake.

---Tom Alphin

Burj Khalifa may probably be a re-tool of sorts using this part 75535.jpg and long cross-axles, or maybe built to be in scale with Robie House.

None of the links are working now so maybe it was all just a mistake...NYC we have enough NYC buildings...move along TLG, move along. So many good buildings to choose from it is sad we get only 2 or 3 offerings a year, just waiting on Sept 1 to get the Louvre. Waiting on another Sydney Opera House large size building as well.

None of the links are working now so maybe it was all just a mistake...NYC we have enough NYC buildings...move along TLG, move along.

I think lego just asked them to take the pages down because not formally announced yet.

Few years ago Barnes and Nobel put up 2 early on their site Eames house and villa Savoye (I think)

Eames house ended up getting cancelled and leaning tower of Pisa came out instead.

So you can be right and these may not come out.

As for New York. It has been over done. Chrysler tower has been seen in one of the photos from the Sears tower or John Hancock tower instruction book. But those are on scale as the first 4 sets. And seems like those aren't done any more. Recent towers have been bigger ( Burj, Pisa, Eiffel)

If it is a New York building I'm hoping it's one world trade centre.

My guess is that each will be a single building in the respective cities. They might be located to existing or planned LEGO Stores, like the Flatiron set which came out very close to the opening of a store in the Flatiron district. As per usual, religious buildings are unlikely candidates.

Some candidates for NYC:

• Chrysler Building (my preference)
  • One WTC (most likely - notable and brand new - big visitors center planned.)
  • Citicorp
  • Woolworth Building
  • Hearst Tower.
  • NY Public Library

Some candidates in Venice:

• Villa La Rotonda, by Andrea Palladio (technically outside Venice, my pick.)
  • Campanile di San Marco (can be completed in a reasonable sized model.)
  • Doge's Palace (difficult to create a reasonable sized model.)

Some candidates in Berlin:

I've only visited Berlin once, so I can't speak to which seems most likely...

• Reichstag (lots of history, and blend of old and new with 1992 renovation.)
  • Berlin TV Tower
  • Charlottenburg Palace

---Tom Alphin

Tom, about Venice, I incline towards Rialto Bridge.

Tom, about Venice, I incline towards Rialto Bridge.

I think that's a good guess. I forget to include landmarks that aren't buildings. They proved a willingness to be flexible with the recent Trevi Foutnain Set. (Which has some excellent Baroque detailing.)

---tom

Is there something to say about when to expect these sets to be released, more particular the New York City set?

Beside the ideas mentioned by CM4Sci (Times Square would be awesone) and Tom Alphin, how about Grand Central with the MetLife building, the Public Library with Bryant Park or maybe Bethesda Terrace and Fountain?

Yep, whoever guessed they'd be micro builds of the cities was right!

Please ignore my really bad thing of not knowing these buildings. :tongue:

Berlin - Brandenburg Gate. Tall needle-like building, red and white. Black building that looks round. Tall statue, has a gold trophy fig on top. Tan building with grey roof. Next to the building are two 1x2 tiles with prints on them, they look like banners/advertisements/something.

New York - Statue of Liberty (sand green trophy) Empire State Building, building blocked by a flash, white/glass building, One World Trade Center

Venice - houses on a bridge, water underneath. white, brown building with sand green roof. Tall brown building with green roof, looks like Big Ben. Another white building

Burj Khalifa is huge. Much better than the last one.

Berlin - Brandenburg Gate. Tall needle-like building, red and white. Black building that looks round. Tall statue, has a gold trophy fig on top. Tan building with grey roof. Next to the building are two 1x2 tiles with prints on them, they look like banners/advertisements/something.

New York - Statue of Liberty (sand green trophy) Empire State Building, building blocked by a flash, white/glass building, One World Trade Center

Venice - houses on a bridge, water underneath. white, brown building with sand green roof. Tall brown building with green roof, looks like Big Ben. Another white building

Burj Khalifa is huge. Much better than the last one.

Thanks for the description

Can't wait to see pictures. To see the new line

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin

For Berlin I believe this would be the tower

And Chrysler tower covered by flash id assume

Edited by Steve309

Show Tom Alphin the photos and he'd probably know them all. For now, here are my guesses.

Huh, so they'll be to scale. Good thing.

Dissed that they didn't use the minifig, though maybe it's not to scale with the ESB? We're looking at the Manhattan area with the two known towers, so I'm taking a stab at calling either two of the glass-clad towers in this photo for the white/glass building. The other one's more tricky.

Berlin, New York, Venice will be my first Architecture sets then. I hoped for miniature scaled models of the cities.