DarkKnight7

Dark Knight Rises - Custom Minifigs

I was going to wait until I finished the rest of the cast (Officer Blake, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox, etc.), but I figured since the Dark Knight Rises is coming out tonight at midnight, I'd share the big three that I have finished already. I am currently in the process of trying to set up a machine print of all of these, as well, and hopefully that will get resolved soon, as I'd like to offer these as soon as possible (as many of the neighbor boys would like to get their hands on these :wink:) When it happens, I'll let everyone know here if you are interested.

These decals were all custom designed and applied via clear decal paper for the heads and stickers for the torsos and waist sections - as I've found it is really difficult to apply white decal paper without getting some loss of ink here and there...and stickers keep the detail just as well).

Bane

Head decal wraps entirely around the head. (Saying it was difficult to get on perfectly and aligned...is an understatement!!) As you can tell, it was difficult to align it right, and because of that, I had a little scuff to the side of the head decal. Torso and belt were applied fairly easily and turned out okay. Just wish I had access to a more high quality laser printer...FedEx Office laser prints are not up to par in my opinion. Also, would have used a sand green torso if I had one, instead.

Bane.Best.Logo.JPG

Bane%2520Minifig%2520Pic.Smaller.Logo.jpeg

Bane%2520Minifig%2520-%2520Side.smaller.logo.jpeg

Catwoman/Selina Kyle

She has two faces; one with her goggles lowered, and one without. The detail in the torso decal is lost, unfortunately, due to the lack of quality in the laser print out, but her body has a texture to it in the background to match her suit in the movie. Also, unfortunately, I designed some leg decals to go with to show her boots, but it didn't quite work out...I'll work on those and post those later as they are fixed. The hair is the closest Lego has to what she has in the movie, and I think it works out alright...if only I could attach some goggles to the hair piece...but that is above my level of expertise here.

Catwoman%2520Side%2520Pic1.Logo.jpeg

Catwoman%2520Minifig%2520Pic.Original.Logo.JPG

Catwoman%2520Minifig%2520Pic.Face2.smaller.Logo.JPG

Catwoman%2520Side%2520Pic2.Logo.jpeg

Batman

I just did a new face decal and a torso one for him. Tried some arm decals but I am currently reworking them and if they work out, will post some updates.

Batman.Best.Smaller.Logo.jpeg

Batman%2520Minifig%2520Pic.1smaller.Logo.jpeg

Decals:

These decals are released under the Creative Commons licence found here. So feel free to use and share, but I'd appreciate being credited, and please ask if you are interested in using it to sell.

Officer Blake

Officer%2520Blake%2520Torso%2520-%2520Earth%2520Blue.png

Clear paper version:

Officer%2520Blake%2520Torso%2520-%2520Earth%2520Blue.Clear.png

Sparkle eye version, for those that prefer more traditional Lego faces:

Officer%2520Blake%2520Torso%2520-%2520Earth%2520Blue.Sparkle.png

Clear Paper version:

Officer%2520Blake%2520Torso%2520-%2520Earth%2520Blue.Sparkle.Clear.png

I've created a mockup of how I think it might look best...this is NOT a real figure, but the pieces I think it would look best with...not sure what hair would be best to create a realistic look from his character in the movie.

Officer%2520Blake%2520Preview.png

Bruce Wayne - Recluse

This is a version from the beginning of the movie, where he is in hiding and looks gaunt. I wasn't sure what face looked most appropriate for how frail he was then, so I included both. I used the following pics for reference:

Wayne%2520-%2520Weak%2520and%2520Alfred.jpgWayne%2520-%2520Weak%2520Face.jpg

The face was also based on the TDK Bruce Wayne figure pictured here at Firestar Toys.

Bruce%2520Wayne%2520-%2520TDKR%2520Weak.png

Bruce%2520Wayne%2520-%2520TDKR%2520Weak.Back.png

Clear Decal:

Bruce%2520Wayne%2520-%2520TDKR%2520Weak.Clear.png

The Dark Knight

Joker

This is my edited version of a decal by a person at the Minifig Customization Network. You can find the original decal here. I applied only a couple of light coats of green paint to a Dastan hair piece, as the movie Joker had a bad dye job and had some of his darker roots showing. I loved the original decal, but didn't think it had the proper shirt underneath, so that is the only thing I tweaked. Anyway, thought I'd share a pic and the altered decal. Note: if the original decal artist doesn't want this posted, I would be glad to take it down.

JokerLegoPic.JPG

Altered Decal:

Joker.Torso.Revised.2.png

Hope you all like them, I'd love to hear your feedback!

And...getting psyched to see what Nolan has in store for us in this last chapter...but I'll have to wait until next week unfortunately! (Family vacation first)

Edited by DarkKnight7

I love the Bane mask! Seriously coolest Bane I've seen.

Batman looks pale...

Nice work! :thumbup:

-Sci

Here's to the end of an outstanding movie trilogy! I have to wait to see it too. I'm waiting until Sunday so I can meet my brothers to go watch it. So excited!

Your figures are awesome. These are the best out of all the customs you've posted. The decals are great! My only criticism is (like CM4S said) Batman looks pretty pale.

I am currently in the process of trying to set up a machine print of all of these, as well, and hopefully that will get resolved soon, as I'd like to offer these as soon as possible (as many of the neighbor boys would like to get their hands on these ) When it happens, I'll let everyone know here if you are interested

Sounds neat! I'll probably pass on Batman and Bane, because TLG is releasing official versions of those next year. But if they don't make TDKR Catwoman...I might be interested in purchasing one of yours! :wink:

Thanks for getting me pumped for The Dark Knight Rises, and keep up the good customs!

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments and feedback!

Your figures are awesome. These are the best out of all the customs you've posted. The decals are great! My only criticism is (like CM4S said) Batman looks pretty pale

Yeah, I agree with you on Batman's pale face. I'm really disappointed with the quality of the prints on the decals, as the designs have so much more detail and are much sharper than the decals show. My printer is a very basic inkjet and is not very good so my best option in town is the FedEx Office laser printers, which is better, but still not to the quality I'd like to see. I also had to use white decal paper for the face on Batman, to allow the white teeth to show, but it is difficult to match the skin of the lego with how it actually prints...as even FedEx Office's printers are not very accurate. That's the first reason I started looking into machine printing.

Edited by DarkKnight7

I love your customs! Bane is much better than TLG's in my opinion. My only slight criticism would be to maybe make Kyle's mouth more expressive. Any chance you would be able to release the decals? Great work! :classic:

I just finished the Joker from the Dark Knight and just figured I'd add him to this post instead of starting another. It's from a decal created by someone here at the Minifig Customization Network that I found on Google and I just redid the shirt to be more like the one from the movie. I've also posted the altered design in case anybody would like to use it, too.

Thanks again for all the great comments!

Awesome Joker! I was hunting for some good TDK Joker decals a couple months ago, but I couldn't find any. Problem=solved. My only criticism is his hair. It seems a little too murky brown/gray. But great work!

Really love that Catwoman--wish LEGO had put out one that was more movie-accurate. Great torso design--love the texturing there. Looks like a great solution!

Really love that Catwoman--wish LEGO had put out one that was more movie-accurate. Great torso design--love the texturing there. Looks like a great solution!

Thanks a lot, jedikermit! I too was disappointed that TLG did not release a TDKR Catwoman, but they still might...we'll see I guess. Hopefully, this machine printing will go through so you all will have a chance to enjoy it in its best form. I'll keep you all informed...should know for sure by the end of this week.

In the Request forum, I saw a request for TDKR characters, and I'm still working on a few of them, but have finished my Officer Blake design and posted it above. I don't plan on machine printing this, but still am releasing this under the Creative Commons license foundhere

Hope you all enjoy and look forward to your feedback.

I really like Blake. :thumbup: The expression is perfect for the actor. I think that a better hair option would be Hawkeye's hair piece in black, or maybe even the S3 elf / S4 werewolf piece in black.

I really like Blake. :thumbup: The expression is perfect for the actor. I think that a better hair option would be Hawkeye's hair piece in black, or maybe even the S3 elf / S4 werewolf piece in black.

Thanks, Jim Butcher! I tend to agree, the Hawkeye hair piece might work better. It's hard to tell, as there isn't a hair piece to match, really. Appreciate your feedback and glad you liked the decal.

As was mentioned in the Decal Wish List, I've added a Bruce Wayne recluse version from when how he looked at the beginning of TDKR. Information is provided along with the decal. I think it would work best with a dark gray torso and arms and the Swept back hair or the Hero hair found at Firestar Toys, etc. Just a suggestion. Hope you all like it!

Your Bane is brilliant! The printing is excellently done, and your mask wrapping round the whole head is definitely a bonus. :thumbup:

I'm sorry I ment to say the catwoman with goggles on head and the batman torso I'm interesting in Paying fOr as I don't know how to do decals exactly

I'm sorry I ment to say the catwoman with goggles on head and the batman torso I'm interesting in Paying fOr as I don't know how to do decals exactly

I am still awaiting some last minute information about machine printing these, so I will know by next week if they'll be available to purchase soon. If you're not interested in machine printed or would just prefer ones with decals as are shown in this post, PM me and we can work something out, as the ones I have my kids like too much to sell. Let me know and glad you like them! :thumbup:

I'm getting closed to finished on the Dark Knight series minifig designs and was finishing up Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul's face when I realized he has three separate/major torso possibilities from "Batman Begins." While I might design all three at sometime, the clock is ticking a bit so I will only have time now for just 1 torso if I am going to finish them all. So, I'm wondering, or asking you all as Lego fans, which of the following Ra's Al Ghul torsos/costumes would be most appealing and wanted as a Lego fig:

1. Opening Suit - when he visits Bruce in prison and greets Bruce at the top of the mountain fortress.

Ras%2520Al%2520Ghul%2520in%2520Suit%25201.jpg

2. Training Suit

Ra%2527s%2520Al%2520Ghul%2520-%2520Training%2520Full%2520Body.jpg

or

3. Final Dark Suit - which he wears when attacking Gotham

Ra%2527s%2520Al%2520Ghul%2520-%2520Black%2520Suit%2520-%2520upper%2520body.jpg

I did think that possibly you could get away with substituting Luke Skywalkers RTOJ torso or even Anakin's ROTS torso. Both would be decent substitutes, though there are some elements that would need to be added possibly and I think they aren't completely accurate for Ra's training costume in the film.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion on this and hoping to get your feedback as I think this is a minifigure that would be cool to add to the mix.

So far, I've got custom designs for Alfred, Officer Blake, Bruce (unfit - from beginning), Batman (DK & DKR version torso and back), Catwoman, and of course Bane. I'm finishing on a new Lucius Fox, Miranda Tate (end of movie clothes), Commissioner Gordon torso (Trench coat version w/TLG head, since it is good enough, though I may make my own), Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul/Ducard, and Rachel....these will be coming soon

For anyone interested, I had two extra torsos that I made of the Batman and Catwoman in decals and clear coat that I thought I'd sell, if anyone was interested. It's listed on eBay here, so check it out! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. :thumbup:

Catwoman.Batman.Torsos.Pic.2.JPG

For anyone interested, I had two extra torsos that I made of the Batman and Catwoman in decals and clear coat that I thought I'd sell, if anyone was interested. It's listed on eBay here, so check it out! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. :thumbup:

Please do not use the MCW to promote your eBay sales. Thanks.