Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Second Crash - Day 1

From the Journal of Jack Jones, Entry Date Lost, Named Day 1

]

23552975192_139e4cc041_b.jpg

The conditions weren’t perfect, nor was the means that we got there, but nevertheless we were making the Hall our home. Our wait for a rescue might be a while off, but I felt confident that we would get off the mountain much as we had arrived - mentally stable.

23294299399_551db0d23d_b.jpg

I hadn’t counted on a man...Greg, I think his name was...bursting out of the treasury, completely on fire.

23035212613_8c63be6e93_b.jpg

He was screaming...some unintelligible words, but he looks directly at Dougal and screamed, the fire tearing his throat...he screamed “there are sleepers!” and “shadows”. I looked at Dougal and saw his face paling.

23035226713_52a3ea93fa_b.jpg

Greg collapsed, and Dougal pulled me aside, checking that no one was eavesdropping in. He whispered to me - the plane, our plane, the second plane, it was no mere coincidence. There had to be sleeper agents on both.

]

23636207366_85784285e2_b.jpg

Sleeper agents, as Dougal said, was a kind of psychological spy - once awoken, most likely by the second plane crashing, their mission was to be carried out - in this case, it seemed, to kill us. I remember at the time, I’d hoped that it might be some other reason. Now, all these days later, I know that they just wanted us dead.

23579826551_10299600fa_b.jpg

I asked what to do - we couldn’t, and...and I wouldn’t kill every single person here until only I was left. Dougal answered that deep, deep underground the builders of this...mead hall, I think he said it was, instead of leaving it just as the single room as was customary, build even greater rooms below, and the very deepest of them was the Sanctum - a judgement for every man who passed through it, to view the very character of his heart.

23034108154_e0f08bb377_b.jpg

Dougal pulled Woodcock aside, asking for the quickest path to the Sanctum. Woodcock, unfortunately, replied that he had been deactivated long before the Sanctum had been built. As no one had any memory of the place, we would have to rely on going as deep as possible, and hopefully coming across the Sanctum.

[

23034442503_cb2e47f580_b.jpg

We announced this to everyone in the Hall. Regardless of reaction, Dougal was certain in his quest - he would not risk losing the people he had worked so hard for the survival of, nor could he see any of the kids who had crashed with me die a brutal death.

23366558370_c10192c6e6_b.jpg

We would set out to the lower levels, the first being Elijah’s Garden, as soon as preparations were complete - Dougal said that those might take hours and hours. While he prepared, word of the sleeper agents spread, and people began to point fingers. I encouraged them - the sooner we could find these agents, the better.

23662224085_e6d7ab65e7_b.jpg

We had 72 hours before we’d begin our journey.

¬ End Journal Entry

Characters (and Players)

22743647974_fa220500c4_q.jpg

Jack Jones (JackJonespaw) - Jack was the leader of a choir, and now, one of the two leaders in the Hall. Moderately courageous, and definitely handsome, his entire life is now making sure that he, his wife, and the kids can survive and, God willing, get rescued. He is a tenor, but his voice can sing at all male ranges. Useful skill for the male choir instructor.

22743817974_34c70c6afd_q.jpg

Dougal Logan (DannyLongLegs) - Dougal has been in the Hall for two years, and has dedicated that time, aside from keeping the survivors of the First Crash alive, to grooming the perfect beard and hair. He believes he has accomplished this, and now spends his time searching through the gigantic Hall looking for a pair of eyebrow tweezers so that his countenance might finally be perfected. Brave and somewhat grumpy, Dougal is a kind soul, and will try his best to keep a new lot of people alive. Dougal does sing, but his range is currently unknown, as his fierce eyebrows keep those kinds of questions at bay.

23076228410_09640f6007_q.jpg

Julia Jones (CallMePie) - The wife of Jack, and the much more level-headed of the couple, Julia tends to take control when Jack can’t or won’t. Or when she thinks he’s wrong. Which is often. She is also a fantastic Soprano singer, and she trains the girls of the choir. She has always secretly wanted to shatter glass with her voice, but she’s always felt guilty that she would break something valuable or expensive.

23289445801_5347f40927_q.jpg

Gale Appleton (Piratedave84) - Gale is one of the youngest bass singers in the United Kingdom, as well as one of the fattest. He enjoys his eats, in other words. AfterPer arriving in the Hall, Gale located and raided the kitchen, until Dink caught him and threw him out of there, angrily cursing. Not much about Gale’s personality is known, as most of his time is spent eating or singing, sometimes at the same time, much to Jack’s distaste.

22743648774_8876bf2a4d_q.jpg

Foorth Dyke (Tamamono) - Foorth is a robot with heightened intelligence and a fetish for scarves. His intelligence is so high that he is aware that this is merely a Mafia game on Eurobricks, not his actual life. He was awakened a bit over two years ago, promptly got on a plane, which crashed into Braeriach. He constantly tries to tell his fellow survivors that they can just walk off the brick-built set and they’ll be fine, but the only reply he gets is “shut up Foorth, stop metagaming”.

23345866966_feb30a1df4_q.jpg

Molly Tolbert (Lady K) - Molly is the oldest of the choir, and no doubt the most beautiful, as she likes to let people know. She also is the main soloist of the choir, with a soprano to rival Julia’s. She’s very interested in the Hall’s history, as her father tells her brave stories about her ancestor, an ancient Scandanavian warrior who said he was Thor’s son. Believing to be descended from such God-ly roots doesn’t help her ego become more tolerable.

22743818734_92a52991ac_q.jpg

Lage “Dink” Skjeggestad (TinyPieRUs) - Dink is Norwegian, although he was raised in England, and his last name is nearly unpronounceable for any non-Norwegian. Since childhood, Dink has loved to cook, and although he isn’t very successful at it, still he tries, and that’s more than anyone else in the Hall does. Dink happily cooks alone, in peace, and hums to himself with his pleasant baritone. It’s rumored that Dink had a family who died in the first crash First Crash, but no one dares to ask him about it.

22743646824_7aeec09695_q.jpg

Woodcock (Bob) - Woodcock is an ancient automaton and guardian of the Hall, given life some old magic. He was awoken by the First Crash, and his memory is quite sparse. He remembers the first letter of the man who gave him life...started with an ‘H’, but that is nearly the extent of his remembered origins. As automatons go, Woodcock is one of the happier sort, ending many sentences with words like “splendid” and “fantastic”, despite the subject.

22743647424_9a52668caf_q.jpg

Mike Johnson (mediumsnowman) - Mike is proud to be an American. And he lives in a Hall with people who couldn’t give less of damn about it. Haughty and rather rude, Mike nevertheless guarantees safety no matter what the situation. He tends to quote many stories of his time in the Air Force, despite Braeriach being the absolute worst place for anything Air Force related. There are no planes for Mike in the Hall.

23004237399_19c4d5797d_q.jpg

Anthony Dixon (jluck) - Anthony tries to be the most handsome, the most talented, the smartest, but it just doesn’t work out for him. As the male lead for the choir, he is quite unused to not being in the spotlight, and doesn’t like being out of it. He also tends to sing instead of talking, like he’s in the musicals he’s so fond of. Most of the choir, including Jack and Julie, and now the survivors from the First Crash, find Anthony just a talented annoyance.

23004065079_f186bd621a_q.jpg

Quincy Easton (KingoftheZempk) - Qunicy is cursed with hyperhidrosis of the body, an exceedingly rare disorder. As such, he is constantly soaked with sweat, and usually isolated, since no one wants to touch him or be near enough to smell his salty sweat. Even in the choir, he sings alone, the sole countertenor in the choir.

23263806012_6a24b536b4_q.jpg

Delwyn Couch (RangeroftheForest) - A survivalist to the core, Delwyn thrived after the First Crash, happily organizing and planning their next move. Even with Dougal as the leader, Delwyn works closely with him as his second-in-command, carefully weighing the odds. The only thing that could be more exciting and interesting about her life was if….if there was a group of killers that she had to find!

23076228320_8e2ef90d5c_q.jpg

Lusk Eccleston (fhomess) - Lusk is the type of man to look in the mirror and get an erection at his own moustache. His moustache is his pride and joy, as is his dazzling smile. He constantly drops hints in Mike’s direction that he is deeply in love with him, but Mike is too proud to even notice him. Lusk searches for a way to have Mike fall in love with him and his moustache.

23263632602_485a7c761f_q.jpg

Perce Triggs (Tachyon) - Perce’s favorite phrase is “oh geez”, which is his response to mostly every situation or question. Most have learned just not to ask Perce anything, as they will never get an answer. When Perce isn’t “geez”-ing, he quietly mutters to himself and drums out melodies with his fingers. It is unsure if Perce is a genius, or absolutely insane. At least when he sings Baritone, he never sings “oh geez”.

22743818264_7889fca310_q.jpg

Doctor Wynn (Tariq j) - Doctor Wynn is a curious sort. A few days after the First Crash, he walked into the Hall, and everyone assumed he had just woken up from some sort of coma after the Crash and had found his way into the Hall. The good Doctor knows a lot about a lot, and has absolutely no problem babbling frantically, in a varying accent from the British Isles, about just about anything while doctoring. The doctor is deeply altruistic, caring about everything and everyone, although on the rare occasion that someone annoys him, he begins to spout on about “stupid apes” and “onyx”. No one is really sure what he means, nor why he hates monkeys and gemstones so much.

23289613321_13dc1e8cff_q.jpg

Duke Bowman (Cutcobra) - Duke, or, Bowman, as he’s more often called, is...well, he’s an big behind. A big one. “Jerk” might be a more appropriate word, but either way he’s not exactly the nicest resident of the Hall. It’s no secret that he was an agent before the First Crash, as he often gets drunk and tells everyone...everything. He also carries a loaded pistol around the Hall, and if anyone protests, he shoots them in the foot. At the very least, he spends a lot of time with Elijah in the garden, which gets him out of everyone else’s hair.

22744850753_192455fe1f_q.jpg

Elijah (def) - Elijah didn’t want to tell anyone his last name, and no one asked after that. However, mysterious reasoning aside, without Elijah, the survivors of the First Crash would have starved to death long ago. A passionate gardener, Elijah has rows and rows of crops beneath the Hall, and he fervently forbids anyone to go down there, except Dink, who he works very closely with, to make sure that his plants are cooked as best as possible. Elijah, despite his mystery, is not a cruel man, and he makes sure that everyone is happy, well, as far as plants are concerned. Elijah also has a large interest in some sort of “special grass”, an interest that is shared by Duke.

23004064969_2b38323d31_q.jpg

Ray Christiansen (Dragonfire) - Ray was a Broadway star before the First Crash. A star, he’ll say, stressing the “s” and looking into your eye with an intensity not seen by many. A performer, Ray is quite flamboyant and over-dramatic, thus he loves being on the mountain and in the Hall, a perfect stage for the production he believes that he’s in. Personality-wise, nobody's quite sure, as Ray is always pursuing different characters and pretending he has been and always will be that character.

23289446141_7b5a5baf10_q.jpg

Ewan Breckenridge (mostlytechnic) - If you asked anyone who they thought was the coolest, most survival-oriented, bravest, strongest, and least-forgotten, there’s no doubt that they’d mention Ewan. Compared to Ewan, even Delwyn and Dougal seem like amateurs. Ewan is...well...badass. He solely takes on scouting missions around Braerich, and although he can get down the mountain with little effort, many of the residents of the Hall could not...he gets quite angry at how easy it could be to get down, but how unwilling everyone else seems to try.

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Shadows. To win the game, the Town must kill all enemy factions, while the Shadows must outnumber all enemy factions.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a vote penalty on the first two occasions, and a mod-kill on the third.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact either Danny or me via PM.

11. Generally, there are no gameplay mechanics in the pictures. However, in each opening Day's pictures, there will be something that is relevant only to those with roles that pertain to it. To every other role, it will mean nothing. There are not clues in the character flavor text. I wrote that stuff before I even decided on alignments and roles.

12. Role Play. I tried my best to make all of the characters pretty fun to role play as, so go crazy. Give them your own personality; become your character. Have fun with it and relax.

12. Get ready. The fun begins...now!

Oh dear. Sleeper agents... *oh3* Of all my years in the Air Force, I've never seen anything like this. :look:

2. Each day (except Day 1) you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

If we're not lynching today, what are we doing?

Dang. Put in the wrong emoticon code, and I can't edit my posts. :facepalm: It should be this one: :oh3:

If we're not lynching today, what are we doing?

That's a great question. I don't know why that was in the rules, I changed it to normal. It's just a normal day 1 - lynch as you see fit.

That's a great question. I don't know why that was in the rules, I changed it to normal. It's just a normal day 1 - lynch as you see fit.

Ok, thanks. I noticed that in the C&D thread but didn't say anything as I figured it might be some new experimental game mechanic. (Like in Scooby-Doo Mafia) When there was nothing about it in the day intro, I figured I'd ask. :laugh:

Oh dear, sleeper agents....maybe we could all sing together and who ever sings off key will be.......suspects.

Sleeper agents? Ah this will make my sweating even worse. And this cold just makes the sweat cold. Anyone want to hug me to keep me warm?

Sleeper agents? Ah this will make my sweating even worse. And this cold just makes the sweat cold. Anyone want to hug me to keep me warm?

Singing will keep us all warm.

Singing will keep us all warm.

I guess we should warm up those vocal muscles.

I guess we should warm up those vocal muscles.

Argg, NO SINGING! :angry: The only thing we should we warming up is the engine of our B-52's and fly out of here! :sweet:

Argg, NO SINGING! :angry: The only thing we should we warming up is the engine of our B-52's and fly out of here! :sweet:

No singing?! The cruelest of all punishments to be sure! My voice needs to be heard, to rise and soar above the fray of this fragile land and serenade the very gods!

For music can free the soul,

Away from the mortal chains we fly!

Free at last, complete and whole,

Music completes the life.

Just for the record up front, I'm town this time.

Just for the record up front, I'm town this time.

That's what yer said last time, you dirty bugger! Some sort of 'godfather' you was, if I remember correctly... :look: I'm watching you Elijah. :look::wink:

Statistically speaking, it's incredibly unlikely to happen two games in a row. Remember, we need to keep the odds in mind when making decisions. Also, you have my word that I'm town this time.

I don't think I said I was town last time. That's my scum tell.

Statistically speaking, it's incredibly unlikely to happen two games in a row. Remember, we need to keep the odds in mind when making decisions. Also, you have my word that I'm town this time.

I stand corrected, you never actually said you were town last time. :tongue: I don't mean to point fingers this early, but just because someone says they're town... it doesn't mean they necessarily are. :hmpf_bad: Carry on. :sweet:

Statistically speaking, the outcome of two independent events have no influence on the likelihood of the other. At this point it is clear to all be the newest of n00bs that you are in fact scum, you now have my vote. This will make us 1 for 1 on day 1!

A lynch of one,

When the day is done.

A lynch of one,

And the battle is won!

Statistically speaking, the outcome of two independent events have no influence on the likelihood of the other. At this point it is clear to all be the newest of n00bs that you are in fact scum, you now have my vote. This will make us 1 for 1 on day 1!

A lynch of one,

When the day is done.

A lynch of one,

And the battle is won!

This seems a bit early to decide your vote... don't you think? :wacko:

:laugh:

I hope you're trying to be dryly humorous, Anthony, but if not, go for it. I love it when people vote for me day one until everyone else lectures them not to and they meekly change their votes. It's funny ' cause it happens so darn much.

And on top of that, I'm not merely town, but the towniest of towns.

This seems a bit early to decide your vote... don't you think? :wacko:

If you haven't already decided, as I most defitely have (without any sarcasm or humor intended), that Elijah is without a shadow of a doubt a member of the scummy organization, then you must be scum too. I'm so good at this game, I've already caught two of you!

When does 1+1=1?

When one is scum,

And the other's his chum,

Then I've caught 1 and 1 and won!

(Oh, you gotta admit this was my best limerick yet!)

:laugh:

I hope you're trying to be dryly humorous, Anthony, but if not, go for it. I love it when people vote for me day one until everyone else lectures them not to and they meekly change their votes. It's funny ' cause it happens so darn much.

And on top of that, I'm not merely town, but the towniest of towns.

Pretty much every game I've played with ya, and we're going on 10 together I think. You're too dangerous too kill and too dangerous to keep around so everyone just follows :wink:

Clearly, only the scummiest of scum would claim to be the towniest of towns, I've caught ya so you might as well admit it. It'll feel good on your conscience.

Surely a bit of singing won't hurt?

If you haven't already decided, as I most defitely have (without any sarcasm or humor intended), that Elijah is without a shadow of a doubt a member of the scummy organization, then you must be scum too. I'm so good at this game, I've already caught two of you!

When does 1+1=1?

When one is scum,

And the other's his chum,

Then I've caught 1 and 1 and won!

(Oh, you gotta admit this was my best limerick yet!).

Wow, you're on a roll, Anthony! At this rate, we'll catch these sleeper agents in no time! Care for some lutefisk? I made it from fresh tuna cans.

On another note, I'm not bold enough to claim to be the towniest person here, but I can guarantee to you all now that as far as towniness goes, I'm definitely in the top 5.

Pretty much every game I've played with ya, and we're going on 10 together I think. You're too dangerous too kill and too dangerous to keep around so everyone just follows :wink:

Clearly, only the scummiest of scum would claim to be the towniest of towns, I've caught ya so you might as well admit it. It'll feel good on your conscience.

I don't remember how many we've played, since I usually live and I suppose you haven't :wink: I am the towniest of towns. Even when I'm scum :wink:

Anyway, I'm town, it's fun to start the game announcing that I'm town, thereby trolling some noob who thinks it's proof of something who makes me a mission. It's my personal version of sausages. If I'm lynched day one, may my title be changed to Jluck's bitch (and that is not an invitation to meta-gamers to vote me out to replace my current super-title as the white reggaeist!)

Well if we all all claiming to be in the townie top five, then my beauty and voice definitely put me up there. :wub:

Oh dear, sleeper agents....maybe we could all sing together and who ever sings off key will be.......suspects.

This is a terrible method of picking suspects, since some of us are trained vocalists, and some, such as myself, play drums for a reason. I can rock with the best of em, but can't sing worth a hoot.

No.

This is already mentioned, but no, the past has no impact on the statistics of this life. Your terrible misuse of math makes me suspect you already.

This is a terrible method of picking suspects, since some of us are trained vocalists, and some, such as myself, play drums for a reason. I can rock with the best of em, but can't sing worth a hoot.

Maybe this is because you don't want to be revealed as one of the sleeping agents - or whatever they were... :look: (Calm down Humphrey, it was a joke, no need to get agitated!)