Sign in to follow this  
BearHeart

Quality of the new dogs

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone noticed a difference in the quality of the dog piece in the new farmer impulse set. I bought this set recently and noticed that the dog piece has a weird texture to it. The head and legs seem to have a matte quality to them while the upper torso is smooth and shiny.

Also, how does the quality of the dog from the farmer set compare to the quality of the dog from lets say the police man impulse set a few years ago or the Kings Castle 10176 set? Is it the same kind of plastic and color?

I've been looking everywhere on the coast for the pig farmer impulse set or pig farm set, but can't find them anywhere. I have a feeling the scalpers grabbed them all up as soon as they came out, or maybe they just aren't coming out in this part of Australia. I have noticed the quality of the collectable MiniFigs is lower than regular LEGO, and many of them have shorter left legs (by about half a milimetre), but I put that up to the cheap Chinese plastic and manufacturing compared to the traditional European LEGO elements. My police dogs have a matte texture on them, with a slightly smoother top like the texture was rubbed smooth a bit.

What bugs me is that all the dogs are brown, and all the cats are white, but we have black, white, brown and tan horses. I wish they'd make the cats and dogs in those colours too.

I've been looking everywhere on the coast for the pig farmer impulse set or pig farm set, but can't find them anywhere. I have a feeling the scalpers grabbed them all up as soon as they came out, or maybe they just aren't coming out in this part of Australia. I have noticed the quality of the collectable MiniFigs is lower than regular LEGO, and many of them have shorter left legs (by about half a milimetre), but I put that up to the cheap Chinese plastic and manufacturing compared to the traditional European LEGO elements. My police dogs have a matte texture on them, with a slightly smoother top like the texture was rubbed smooth a bit.

What bugs me is that all the dogs are brown, and all the cats are white, but we have black, white, brown and tan horses. I wish they'd make the cats and dogs in those colours too.

Cats (standing, crouching, etc.) are available in black, dark gray and light bluish gray and light orange with stripes. Dogs (wolves) are besides reddish brown made in dark bluish gray and red (be prepared to pay) as well.

Cats (standing, crouching, etc.) are available in black, dark gray and light bluish gray and light orange with stripes. Dogs (wolves) are besides reddish brown made in dark bluish gray and red (be prepared to pay) as well.

Hey, well that's a little bit better, do any of these coloured cats or dogs come in any current sets or are they rare collectables now? I'd definitely pick up a set if there's a black cat in it.

Can't qiute understand what u are talking about? i have matched three dogs; the police dog, the farm dog and a dog i collected at the pick-a-brick at Legoland, Billund;

and can't quite see any other diffrents than the farm dog are covered with some more lacquer/varnish.

thats the only difference i could see.

could put up some pics on sunday or monday. are gone this weekend.