Sign in to follow this  
Blackheart Brit

new Brick Bounty pix

That Brickset review was great, makes me wanna buy it more now.

The ship ofcourse IMO needs some small mods but it is good as it is also.

I might catch Hell for this, but the linked review echoed my decision. I went with the enlighten black seas baricuda over this New official lego ship. I know that is sacrilege to many of you, but I paid 65 bucks for it to be delivered to my door, plus it is almost identical to the bsb, which is clearly a better ship than this one. Also, and I can't stress this enough, but enlighten products are actually pretty good. By far the best out of the knockoff brands, even better than megablocks imo.

Even though I chose to support the enemy over the official lego products, I don't feel bad in that decision, especially when I look at the mountains of official hobbit, lotr, and castle sets I do own. But again, I'll take a bsb clone over this New ship any day of the week.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I've build the new Brick Bounty. And she is not that bad after all.

There are some minor improvements over the last version.

- Windows of captain's cabin

- crow's nest

- lantern approach.

Ok, there are some drawbacks:

The "hole" next to the door.

The gunports are utterly poor.

Masts - there must be something happening on top of the masts. More flags, etc.

But all in all, based on the negative stuff I have read about her before, that ship is still ok.

I've build the new Brick Bounty. And she is not that bad after all.

There are some minor improvements over the last version.

- Windows of captain's cabin

- crow's nest

- lantern approach.

Ok, there are some drawbacks:

The "hole" next to the door.

The gunports are utterly poor.

Masts - there must be something happening on top of the masts. More flags, etc.

But all in all, based on the negative stuff I have read about her before, that ship is still ok.

Hmm. Seems to be a good ship, yes, but I'm just not sure about a few things in the build and design. I have a big list of sets to get now through September, and for now, this just isn't on it because I don't want to break the bank, and I also prefer bluecoat-related sets (Soldiers Fort/Outpost) over pirate-related sets, but I still like the new Brick Bounty, and I still may get it, eventually (budget permits). So many things to get.. pir_wacko.gif

I just got 2 of the new Brick Bounty to lay foundation for my new found interest in Lego Ships... and now working on combining both sets to a bigger ship :)

The ship ofcourse IMO needs some small mods but it is good as it is also.35.gif

Edited by jifujiedp

That Brickset review actually made me really want the ship, whereas previously I'd only grudgingly felt that I needed to buy it because it belongs in my collection. I'd been a bit sceptical about the lack of a bow section at the stern (I realise how silly that sounds now) but the way they've explained it makes it actually an improvement. I hope if they make an Imperial Flagship equivalent this/next year (fingers crossed, touch wood etc) they implement this change.

There are a few problems with it, but for a non-exclusive set that's pretty standard. And I can kind of see where they were going with that weird... open balcony... thing.

The one thing the review really lacks though is a profile comparison of the BB and the BBB. There's one of all three ships side by side but it means the ships are in front of each other and you can't compare their profiles.

Edited by David Thomsen