Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

What's the best way to provide updates for our Ambassador Project?

1. 1. What's the best wya to provide updates for our Ambassador Project

• Subscribe to the Project Overview Thread
    • Subscribe to a special Mailing List for the project
    • Follow the project via the Classic-Pirates.com Facebook Page
    • Follow the project via Classic-Pirates.com on Twitter

Recently we were informed Classic-Pirates.com will not have a LEGO Ambassador beyond 2014 so we conducted a poll to determine whether we should continue our Design a NEW LEGO Pirates Sub-Theme Project should continue.

Over 90% of participants voted we should continue the project so now we need determine the best way to continue.

The downside of managing this project voluntarily is I cannot always keep the project moving forward and sometimes there are significant delays.

So what is the best way to inform everyone when the project requires input?

By far the easiest method would be for everyone to subscribe the Overview Thread, then when action is required all I need to do is post an update in that thread and it will be Emailed to everyone according to their subscription settings.

However, that may not suit everyone so are there any other ideas?

I would prefer something on this forum rather than Facebook or Twitter. Not everyone is signed up to those services, whereas everyone that is participating frequents these forums.

As an aside, if there is a strategy for making progress on the project then others can help shoulder some of the burden.

I would prefer something on this forum rather than Facebook or Twitter. Not everyone is signed up to those services, whereas everyone that is participating frequents these forums.

Agreed, if it were a Facebook or Twitter update system, I could watch but I couldn't participate. At least not with Facebook - I am not a huge fan of their TOS.

I vote for either the Overview Thread, or the Mailing List.

I do have one additional suggestion - perhaps a Google Group, dedicated to the project? Of course, it runs into the same problems as Facebook and Twitter, so it probably wouldn't work very well for while ideas are still being reformed, but perhaps it might be a bit more streamlined for when it's time to refine everything into the finished proposal.

Actually I think all four could work.

Also I do find it interesting that Classic-Pirates.com doesn't get an ambassador past 2014 since it's more or less a part of Eurobricks, but BioniLUG gets its own ambassador in 2015 yet it's even more of a part of BZPower than Classic-Pirates.com is to Eurobricks...

Edited by Meiko

there is a strategy for making progress on the project then others can help shoulder some of the burden.32.gif

Edited by fourviesws

]

I also agree on this, I should be something on this forum and also with updates on classic-pirates about progress.

But no Facebook or similar, not everybody has them and IMO it makes it harder to find if this would be moved around now.

SO I opinion, Subscribe to the Project Overview Thread and a Subscribe to a special Mailing List for project Updates.

I guess subcribing to the Project Overview Thread would be the best option. I do have facebook, but not twitter, and google groups are more trouble than theyre worth. So theres my opinion, and other members will have their own social media preferences, so I dont think we will agree on an external solution. So I agree with the najority opinion of keeping it here on EB.