A few pics... It will be RC with a 7 speed and reverse manual gearbox like in my Huayra but this is 4WD. For the moment the hardest part was to build a front drive axle with servo motor and only 23 studs between wheels, most commonly they are 25 like in the rear axle but the proportions of the car are so. I donĀ“t know yet what motors use or how many, I have room enough which is the most important thing and also works :laugh: with a RC motor or a L motor worked fine.

dscn6346y.jpg

dscn6347j.jpg

Very interesting. Does old suspension system from 8880 better than modern from 8070?

What is the difference? Tighter driving joints? Which suspension system is wider? 8070 or 8880?

Edited by rm8

I donĀ“t know which is better but the 8880 is wider, if I had been required even could have won 1/2 stud more for wheel. The 8880 lives inside us :laugh: .

The control arm mounting locations on the spindle are 5 studs apart on the 8880 parts and only 3 studs apart on the 8070 parts. This allows us to set up caster, camber, and camber curve more easily. Because the distance from the pivot point to the steering linkage is longer on the 8880 hub, you need a rack that can travel further to achieve the same steering lock. I really like the combination of these hubs, wheels, and tires. I have tried some stuff with them in the past. I am excited to see your progress.

201208292243509.jpg

I used caster, camber and more in my R8 but I discovered too much work for little gain, in next bigger MOCs like my unfinished Audi I will work only on suspension, steering and brakes. In this MOC I donĀ“t use the liftarm differential receptacle :laugh: front or behind and it is 1 stud wider than your axle.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Hi,

What is the maximum turning angle of the wheel and what is the max angle of the wishbones for the wheels (with no suspension), the front ball joint pivot I mean)

if its good enough I might try something like this as I cant find something that has good turning and wishbone stroke, I want it to turn sharply if needed even with or without 4 wheel steering)

I will take some pics of the steering, it is the best way to see things :wink: . I am thinking to remove the servo, really I think it wonĀ“t be necessary in a heavy car unable to run fast, for parking a small motor is enough :laugh: .

Edited by jorgeopesi

Looks really good.

I like that you included traditional gearbox and gear shifting instead of sequential one.

Looks really good.

I like that you included traditional gearbox and gear shifting instead of sequential one.

I like to build a sequential one, in fact I built one in a bigger car with 8448 wheels but with this scale there is no way.

I love the idea behind the sequential gearboxes, but do they really work properly? I mean for driving vehicles of this scale and weight?

The second IMHO. Just try to be consistent. If the front is dominated by flex axles, then all the body should be.

Parda you are a 8865 fanatic :laugh: , everything is said. Lipko I use the flex axles for curves if there are more curves I will use them.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Looks good so far. Reminds me of the VW Beetle.

Logical both cars have a common ancestor and it is an advantage I always change my MOC for a beetle :grin: .

New year new ideas... a new hood with nice curves...

dscn6431i.jpgdscn6430z.jpgdscn6429z.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi