WhiteFang

Eurobricks LEGO Batman Contest

Eurobricks LEGO Batman Contest

(Specially brought to you by Eurobricks member, The Penguin and co-support by WhiteFang)

gallery_2351_109_70631.jpg

The contest:

If you like the LEGO Batman universe, if you follow the adventures of the dynamic duo, if you like the films, cartoons or games dedicated to Batman, here is your chance to show your affection to the whole Eurobricks community. And not only that, you can also win some valuable prizes for each category! Interested? Then let’s carry on:

What You're Building

The Penguin and I are opening 2 major Building Categories for our Eurobricks Community. Read on to find out more.

Category 1 - Build an 32x32 LEGO Batman scene

Build an 32x32 vignette depicting any scene from the LEGO Batman Universe. It can be a scene showing our heroic bat crusader fighting off the criminals or showing a typical ordinary peaceful day in Gotham City. Just make sure it looks like a Batman related scene that can be fitted right here in Gotham City.

Category 1 - The Rules

1. Build a LEGO Batman scene that measures 32 studs by 32 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. This is a LEGO Batman building contest. Be creative and relate it to LEGO Gotham City.
  4. No clone brands are allowed
  5. Custom decals, stickers, cut outs and official TLG stickers are allowed.
  6. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, are allowed.
  7. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the scene.
  8. There is no limit to the amount of minifigures used.
  9. All official LEGO minifigures and parts are permitted.
  10. Entry are to be posted in individual topic by the participant, titled "CAT 1: Insert Title of your entry", title description below "Eurobricks Batman Contest Category 1".
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the LEGO Batman scene. You may include up to 7 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 13th of December, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Eurobricks member, The Penguin will vote to decide the winner(s) and his decision is final.
  18. Eurobricks Staff excluding WhiteFang is allowed to participate in this building contest.
  19. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

Category 2 - Build a 8x8 Vignette Home scene for any LEGO official Batman character

Build an 8x8 vignette home scene for any of the selected LEGO official Batman character. It can be a vignette home scene that shows a part of Batman's batcave, or a part of Joker's playground or even a part of Killer Croc's smelly sewage. You decide what vignette home scene that you will like to build for.

Category 2 - The Rules

1. Build a vignette home scene for the selected LEGO official Batman characters that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You don't have to own the official character that you are building for. You may include the official character if you happens to own it.
  4. State clearly the name of the LEGO official Batman character inside your entry description. It must also contains a short write up of the completed building scene and where it will be located in Gotham City.
  5. LEGO official Batman characters are the ones containing in this link.
  6. This is a LEGO Batman building contest. Be creative and relate it to LEGO Gotham City.
  7. No clone brands are allowed
  8. Custom decals, stickers, cut outs and official TLG stickers are allowed.
  9. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, are allowed.
  10. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the scene.
  11. There is no limit to the amount of minifigures used.
  12. All official LEGO minifigures and parts are permitted.
  13. Entry are to be posted in individual topic by the participant, titled "CAT 2: Insert Title of your entry", title description below "Eurobricks Batman Contest Category 2".
  14. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the LEGO Batman scene. You may include up to 3 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  15. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  16. No LDD entries.
  17. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  18. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  19. The contest begins now and will end on the 13th of December, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  20. In the event of a tie, the Eurobricks member, The Penguin will vote to decide the winner(s) and his decision is final.
  21. Eurobricks Staff excluding WhiteFang is allowed to participate in this building contest.
  22. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE CATEGORY 1 AND 2 RULES VERY CAREFULLY OR IT WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION*

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

The Prizes!

After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top vote recipients for each building category will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to The Penguin. He will ship out these wonderful prizes as all of the mentioned prizes below are sponsored by Eurobricks member, The Penguin. Let's all give a round of applause for the generosity of our Penguin friend.

Category 1 prizes

1st place: 1 x MISB (7785 Arkham Asylum)

2nd place: 3 random LEGO Batman keychains

3rd place: 2 random LEGO Batman keychains

Category 2 prizes

1st place: 1 x MISB (7782 The Batwing: The Joker's Aerial Assault)

2nd place: 3 random LEGO Batman keychains

3rd place: 2 random LEGO Batman keychains

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special Building Contest Collaboration

The Penguin & WhiteFang

Edited by WhiteFang
New contest deadline

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! :classic:

I hope we all shall have some great fun during this time period and I sure hope that we shall see some stunning Bat-MOCs. I would also like to thank WhiteFang again and again for his invaluable support! :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

This will be difficult for people who don't own Batman sets (me) :tongue:

Another reason why I should of bought some is added to my list :wall:

However, I will try to make a vignette anyways!

Hmm I keep saying I will start on making entries but I never get the chance...Better get started :tongue:

Just a quick question - thoigh I probably won't find time to participate. For the second category it doesn't say does the minifig the vignete is built for have to contain the minifig that it's built for or it can / must not be in there? Confused for the Collectable minifigs contests that disallow them, and other rules are similar ...

Holy Lego bricks, Batman! I was expecting something like this, but not this early! :cry_happy:

But no Bat-vehicle category? Well, I guess TLG has most of them covered already. :tongue:

It's kind of sad that The Penguin is one of the organizers of this contest. I am very grateful of course; it's just that this means that we wont get to see any amazing entry from him. :sad: Oh well, this way the rest of us have more of a chance to win. :grin:

I'll get building right away!

To the Okymobile! :devil:

Question...Are we allowed to base are entry's Based of Comic Book Material..

I believe it's allowed, but is there any specific examples?

This will be difficult for people who don't own Batman sets (me) :tongue:

I will think the most important thing is to actually relate it to LEGO Gotham City.

For the second category it doesn't say does the minifig the vignete is built for have to contain the minifig that it's built for or it can / must not be in there? Confused for the Collectable minifigs contests that disallow them, and other rules are similar ...

Category 2 rules, pointer 8: You don't have to own the official character that you are building for. You may include the official character if you happens to own it.

In short, it's optional to actually own and show the official Batman character that you owned. In fact, the point of this vignette is the home that you are creating for. It's good to show but it is not compulsory. It's different from the Collectables Minifigures Series 5 contest.

Holy Lego bricks, Batman! I was expecting something like this, but not this early! :cry_happy:

It was planned months ago. :blush:

It's kind of sad that The Penguin is one of the organizers of this contest. I am very grateful of course; it's just that this means that we wont get to see any amazing entry from him. :sad: Oh well, this way the rest of us have more of a chance to win. :grin:

Except myself and Penguin, the entire EB community including staffers can participate! In fact, it has been a long time since we last saw an EB Staffer taking part in a contest.

Wow, those top prizes are amazing. :cry_happy:

It will be hard for me, since I'm a bit low on bricks, and own no Batman sets. But, by Bob Kane, I will try.

Thanks to both WhiteFang and Penguin for running this contest, and I'm sure we'll see lots of great entries. :thumbup:

EDIT: I've just had a good idea. I've got to get started on it before anyone else does.

Edited by LandShark

:thumbup:

Congratulation for this contest and big THANKS to Penguin and WhiteFang, sure we'll see incredible bat things !

could I add an adaptated version of this creation posted 2 days ago or must I make a new one ?

Edited by lego-maniac

That is extremely generous of you Penguin!

I think I'll take part in this, that level of generosity deserves all our best efforts i think.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Wow! This is awesome, thanks WhiteFang and Penguin for this contest! Are you sure you want to give away your shinies, Pengy? :cry_happy:

Aw man, I have so many ideas right now. Thesis? Graduation? Never heard of it...

One question:

Can I make something from the LEGO Batman video game, or does it have to be something from a movie or a comic?

I have a really good idea from the video game, and a not-so-good idea from the movies or comics. I just wanted to know if I can make my really good idea or not.

Thanks for the great contest! :classic:

Question...Are we allowed to base are entry's Based of Comic Book Material..

If you mean like a scene from Batman: Year one, or Long Halloween, or some other, please do. Just make sure even non-Batfans get it, so that the whole community can enjoy it! :classic:

:thumbup:

Congratulation for this contest and big THANKS to Penguin and WhiteFang, sure we'll see incredible bat things !

could I add an adaptated version of this creation posted 2 days ago or must I make a new one ?

I guess you could, if you revamp it heavilly, since non pre-posted MOCs are allowed, i.e. you can do it in the same style, but it should be clearly a different one. :classic:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Wow! This is awesome, thanks WhiteFang and Penguin for this contest! Are you sure you want to give away your shinies, Pengy? :cry_happy:

Aw man, I have so many ideas right now. Thesis? Graduation? Never heard of it...

I'm sure that I wish the community to have some Bat-related fun, my lady! :classic:

One question:

Can I make something from the LEGO Batman video game, or does it have to be something from a movie or a comic?

I have a really good idea from the video game, and a not-so-good idea from the movies or comics. I just wanted to know if I can make my really good idea or not.

Thanks for the great contest! :classic:

Yes, you may. LEGO game was set in "realistic" LEGO-style Gotham, so it will be just perfect. You can also try and add a bit of imagination of your own. ) :classic:

I guess you could, if you revamp it heavilly, since non pre-posted MOCs are allowed, i.e. you can do it in the same style, but it should be clearly a different one. :classic:

Ok I'll try to make something new. Btw this moc has already been dismenteled :tongue:

So this is a competition for a theme that's not actually being produced at the moment, and the parts for the theme are extremely expensive on the second hand market?

So this is a competition for a theme that's not actually being produced at the moment, and the parts for the theme are extremely expensive on the second hand market?

My experience here on EB shows that even not having particular parts of some theme, one with imagination can use any other parts to fit into every theme you wish.

You don't have to include any official figs or Bat-related molds into your MOC, so with a bit of effort you can achieve remarkable results! :classic:

Yes, you may. LEGO game was set in "realistic" LEGO-style Gotham, so it will be just perfect. You can also try and add a bit of imagination of your own. ) :classic:

Thank you. :sweet:

My entry will be up soon! :classic:

Wow - fantastic idea for a contest - I only have magnet minifigs but i've been meaning to build some bat-stuff for ages - just hope I can fit it in between the 7777 reduc and the CMF 5 contest....

Too many contests - fab...

Wow - fantastic idea for a contest - I only have magnet minifigs but i've been meaning to build some bat-stuff for ages - just hope I can fit it in between the 7777 reduc and the CMF 5 contest....

Too many contests - fab...

Hey cool contest, thank you very much Penguin for those awesome prizes and also WhiteFang for his help :thumbup:

I do have one question however, does the SDCC Batman count as an official Batman fig that we can make the 8 x 8 vig on?

Hey cool contest, thank you very much Penguin for those awesome prizes and also WhiteFang for his help :thumbup:

I do have one question however, does the SDCC Batman count as an official Batman fig that we can make the 8 x 8 vig on?

So, it seems everyone has one, except me! :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Yes, it does. It's been released by TLC and is an official fig. I'm looking forward to your entry with him. )

I was disappointed to see that none of Penguins minifigs were in the prize pool. :hmpf_bad::laugh: Just kidding. I'm definitely joining this one! Especially with a trip to the pick a brick wall next week. The prizes are too good to turn down!

So, it seems everyone has one, except me! :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Don't forget me! I didn't go to either ComicCon (mistake), and I REALLY don't want to pay those prices on Bricklink, so I'll go withour my SDCC Batman fig until he comes out in sets. So I guess he'll just have to wait. :hmpf_bad:

Btw, my entry will be utilizing a lot of green. I hope you can figure out what that means, but just in case, here is another hint:

Here:

Spoiler