Talon Karrde

Forgotten Soldier

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 63c

3392041700_8f7534c2eb.jpg

Thirty six years to the day

Since my comrades sailed away

Now, lonely

Here I forever stay...

This was really meant to just be an experiment in tiled water rather than SNOT because I often find that working SNOT water into a MOC can be tricky, especially with a large dio, and it makes moving for photography even trickier. Tiled water works great IMO and I don't know why people don't use it more often.

Enjoy.

Your technique to tile the water turned out pretty good. I consider to use it too because SNOT waters break more often and are heavier.

The rest of your MOC is nicely done. I like the waves (cheesies :pir_laugh2: ) splashing against the rocks. The broken jetty is cool too.

The houses are nice as well, along the old cannon.

A suggestion would be to make a campfire on the spot where the poor soldier stands.

Nicely done! :thumbup:

a very cool little scene, and the tiled water is really nice! ^^ I also love the broken "platform" ( don't really know the english term ^^ )

I don't know why people don't use it more often.

because I have not enough tiles!!! but you're right, moving a moc to photography it with "snot" water is a pain.. on my PTV entry I put it on a "plegiglass" blue plate , like this :

1_2e87cf.jpg

but even with this, when I had to move it, the sea just kept "separating" from the shore, and it was attached!

I commend the soldier for keeping his uniform so clean for his stay there :pir-tongue:

Cool MOC, I really like it!

because I have not enough tiles!!!

I totally agree with Guss on this point! I think it's easier (at least with my pieces) to make a large water area in snot way rather than to tile it.

But I have to say that your MOC is really well done, and if I had to do a little water area in the future, I will think to your MOC for sur!

I really like it, and especially the water border: the little wave, the different use of blue tile and the rocks!

Well done

Edited by 74louloute

Great MOC Talon Karrde. :pir-classic:

I really love the broken-down dock, and the little shacks at the back. Good work with the water as well.

I also find that I don't really have sufficient blue tiles to make large expanses of water. The SNOT style allows big bricks to be used, thus covering larger areas with few pieces.

True, but SNOT water is more fragile then tiling. But in SNOT waters you almost don't see the 'brick borders'.

I think SNOT is more realistic but tiling is less fragile so it can be transported much easier.

the water looks great as does everything else. This is a nice moc and I love some of the techniques you used.