Jump to content


Has there been a prune?


9 replies to this topic

#1 Calanon

Calanon

    Posts: 541
    Joined: 06-September 09
    Member: 7327
    Country: England

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Has there been a prune of topics? I tried to find some of my old posts (namely an old topic I made 'cause I wanted to look at something on it) and it's no longer there.

"No. What I'm saying is that Wales should be completely removed from the planet." - Pinioncorp, 9th October 2011.


Claire Novak in Red Menace


#2 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14510
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostCalanon, on 05 May 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Has there been a prune of topics? I tried to find some of my old posts (namely an old topic I made 'cause I wanted to look at something on it) and it's no longer there.
No, there hasn't. There are topics that go back to the first day of the forum.

What were you specifically looking for and how did you attempt to find it?

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#3 Calanon

Calanon

    Posts: 541
    Joined: 06-September 09
    Member: 7327
    Country: England

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostShadows, on 05 May 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

No, there hasn't. There are topics that go back to the first day of the forum.

What were you specifically looking for and how did you attempt to find it?

There was a topic I made on the Star Wars section about two years ago, I looked on the search function for topics I made, and also for posts I did. The posts I made only go back to last year's EB event for some reason.

"No. What I'm saying is that Wales should be completely removed from the planet." - Pinioncorp, 9th October 2011.


Claire Novak in Red Menace


#4 Legostein

Legostein

  • I'm a million!


    Posts: 1890
    Joined: 06-April 07
    Member: 1505
    Country: Germany

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello!

I noticed the same thing today. I was searching for all my topics (an option in the profile). It said there were 59 topic by me. Although there should be around 140. very strange this is.  :sceptic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#5 Rick

Rick

  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)


    Posts: 7735
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostLegostein, on 05 May 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I noticed the same thing today. I was searching for all my topics (an option in the profile). It said there were 59 topic by me. Although there should be around 140.
The results you get when searching from a profile seem to be limited somehow (they only go back a year or so). The topics are all still there though, because they show up when using the advanced search form.

#6 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14384
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Try to search us with Google (type in eurobricks.com and some keywords). I always search on EB with Google as I never found the built-in search option from Invision very good. Recently Invision did some tuning of the our board - because we had some database outages because of heavy load cause by the search function - with people with many posts doing complex searches on their posts. One of the 'tunings' they did was to cut search results older than 1 year. That's the drawback of having a database it >1 million posts.

All topics are still here, nothing is deleted or removed!

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#7 Calanon

Calanon

    Posts: 541
    Joined: 06-September 09
    Member: 7327
    Country: England

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostBonaparte, on 05 May 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Try to search us with Google (type in eurobricks.com and some keywords). I always search on EB with Google as I never found the built-in search option from Invision very good.

All topics are still here, nothing is deleted or removed!
Not particularly useful when I can't remember the name of the topic though!

I did manage to find the topic again I wanted with a lot of searching, but the topics and posts were limited a few weeks ago.

"No. What I'm saying is that Wales should be completely removed from the planet." - Pinioncorp, 9th October 2011.


Claire Novak in Red Menace


#8 Rick

Rick

  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)


    Posts: 7735
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostCalanon, on 05 May 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I did manage to find the topic again I wanted with a lot of searching, but the topics and posts were limited a few weeks ago.
As I said earlier, the problem seems to be that when you click "Find my topics" from your profile the results are limited (to about a year back). Admins, could this be a setting that has been adjusted? I don't remember this being an issue before

However, finding your own topics isn't difficult at all. When you click Advanced search in the top-right corner, check "Search titles only" and put your name in the "Author" textbox, all your topics show up.

#9 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14384
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostRick, on 05 May 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

As I said earlier, the problem seems to be that when you click "Find my topics" from your profile the results are limited (to about a year back). Admins, could this be a setting that has been adjusted? I don't remember this being an issue before

View PostBonaparte, on 05 May 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

<snip>Recently Invision did some tuning of the our board - because we had some database outages because of heavy load cause by the search function - with people with many posts doing complex searches on their posts. One of the 'tunings' they did was to cut search results older than 1 year. That's the drawback of having a database it >1 million posts.<snip>

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#10 Calanon

Calanon

    Posts: 541
    Joined: 06-September 09
    Member: 7327
    Country: England

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I'll just have to use the search function then.

"No. What I'm saying is that Wales should be completely removed from the planet." - Pinioncorp, 9th October 2011.


Claire Novak in Red Menace




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users