gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi!

Since I came out of my dark age I wanted to reconcile my 2 passions, U2 & Lego.

So... I present you my latest MOC, a microscale version of the Popmart Tour stage, hope you guys like it!

*Update* This is version 2, now with an "olive" on the spear! (Thank you Pandora & Zorbas!)

popmart-v2.jpg

Alternate angles can be seen on my Flickr.

... oh, and there is more U2 MOC coming...

Edited by Yatkuu
Indexed

Excellent piece of art work there 'Yatkuu', the round trans-coloured plates forming the word POP is just the bomb ! :grin:

The pink is a nice touch.

Brick On 'Yatkuu' ! :grin:

Another U2/LEGO fan here Yatkuu! This is a faithful mini rendition of the stage for that tour, you've captured the aesthetic very well, but am I right in thinking that the olive is on the far right of the stage? If so, would it not stand out even more if it were lime green?

I really hope one of your upcoming MOCs will be the Zoo TV tour with the Trabants, however I'm looking forward to seeing them whatever they may be. :grin:

Very nicely done Yatkuu! I haven't seen the real stage, but this one looks really good especially with the transparent backdrop highlighted by the POP sign and the soft blue and pink parts.

Thanks for the feedback! It's my first attempt at microscale and I was a little anxious on the result!

For those who are not familiar with this tour that took place in 1997, here is a picture of what it looked like...

600full-popmart-tour-in-buenos-aires-photo.jpg

IMO they managed to top that with the 360 show, but this was still pretty impressive.

but am I right in thinking that the olive is on the far right of the stage? If so, would it not stand out even more if it were lime green?

I really hope one of your upcoming MOCs will be the Zoo TV tour with the Trabants, however I'm looking forward to seeing them whatever they may be. :grin:

I'm not sure to see what you mean... The yellow 4 stud bit on the right side of the stage is supposed to be a lemon - I hope we all agree on that! - now I don't know if the "thing" planted on the spear is supposed to be an olive, I must admit never considered it, but I needed a brick that had a hole in it to connect the lower and higher part of the spear... And I only had a yellow one in stock to do the job!

Maybe I'll give a shot at the Zoo TV tour later but right now I'm working on something else...

Another U2/LEGO fan here Yatkuu!

Same here Pandy! My all-time favorite band too (although that "POP" was my last favorite album from them...).

Really nice first attempt Yatkuu and very good result. :thumbup: I think that you've managed to capture the overall stage appearance in a successful way with all the details you've added. The arch is nicely built and although that the lemon is not too round it's instantly recognisable.

I'm not sure to see what you mean... The yellow 4 stud bit on the right side of the stage is supposed to be a lemon - I hope we all agree on that! - now I don't know if the "thing" planted on the spear is supposed to be an olive, I must admit never considered it, but I needed a brick that had a hole in it to connect the lower and higher part of the spear...

I think that Pandora refers to the "planted thing". That indeed represented an olive back then (a martini reference - the "theme" of POPMART Tour was based on consumerism/"good" life).

Maybe I'll give a shot at the Zoo TV tour later but right now I'm working on something else...

Woohoo! Can't wait! :sweet:

P.S

x115.jpg?0

For "Mofo" :grin: