lcs

Free stuff........ Pay it forward

Had this on a few other forums, figured it would be something cool to do here. The idea is someone posts parts/kits/figures they do not want, someone else claims them. That person would then in turn post something of theirs. (cycle repeats) There is more joy in giving than hoarding things we do not use. Shipping prices can be paid for by the giver, price noted in the post, or arranged later on. Be sure to state this in your post so there is no confusion. This is open to anyone with an account allowing use of the PM system.

I will start things off here. I have a (59228) White Horse, Skeletal and a bag of Tile 1 x 2 with Red 82, Yellow and White Gauges Pattern (between 20 and 40 of these total)

I will pay the shipping for these, reply if you want these

I know it's not much, but these have been sitting around a while and I'm sure someone could use them.

Thanks

Luke

This sounds like a really good idea and I hope it develops into a big thing. Unfortunately no-one ever seems to have what I need: Complete leisure boats and floating boat basesdefault_sad.gif

I second the idea about pictures.

Matt

I have quite a few boat pieces lying dormant I want to get rid of. Pictures to follow.

Boat parts for ya...

img_2612.jpg

Do you want to get rid of the whole lot in one go or would you let some parts go separately? Is there another of the part on the right as I am assuming it is from this set?

Thanks

Do you want to get rid of the whole lot in one go or would you let some parts go separately? Is there another of the part on the right as I am assuming it is from this set?

Thanks

I don't mind, just as long as something goes! I know I had two of those catamaran parts at some point, but I'll have to double-check.

I don't mind, just as long as something goes! I know I had two of those catamaran parts at some point, but I'll have to double-check.

This is what I'm interested in: boats.jpg

EDIT: I circled the ones I'm interested in but it's not very clear. Enlarge the image so you can see better.

Edited by RubeusHagrid

All right, let's do this. Leerooooooy Jenkins!

Just in case I also have these boat weights (2 x black, 1 x red):

x149.gif?0

Ill take them and i put forward 3 costguard orange bikes and a crossbow minifig weapon

Is this waht i am supposed to do???

Sorry for the delay, I have been swamped at work. If you want the parts, PM me your address and I will get them mailed out to you. You have the right idea. I do not have access to a camera at this time, and my iphone had to be sent back to Apple :thumbdown:

Glad to see others are contributing to this thread. I think this could be really cool. This weekend, I will go through my parts box and post up some more stuff. Im sure I have some more goodies

Thanks

Luke

Edited by lcs

Okay folks, everything except the red row boat and the catamaran part have been reserved. Never thought there'd be so much interested in boat parts!

I'll see what else I can dig up tomorrow.

So, when SilentMode has sent me some boat parts what do I do? Do I send something to him or just list it to this topic? And how do I know if it's the same value as the boat parts?

My offer of Free Lego; Reply with what you need circled in green. Note more is to come -currently inundated from work

offers.jpg

I can ship anywhere, as long as it isn't prohibitively expensive.

Note: I realised one of the brown row boats isn't lego, but if you want it, I'd be happy to give it away.

Edited by Torpid Energy

Note: I realised one of the brown row boats isn't lego, but if you want it, I'd be happy to give it away.

not Lego??? *gasp* what is that doing in your possession????oh2.gif

(only kiddingdefault_laugh_new.gif)

So, when SilentMode has sent me some boat parts what do I do? Do I send something to him or just list it to this topic? And how do I know if it's the same value as the boat parts?

Sorry if this is insanely obvious but help is appreciateddefault_sick.gif

Sorry if this is insanely obvious but help is appreciateddefault_sick.gif

When you except parts you agree to become the next 'giver' Put up a picture of some parts you don't want, or need. Somebody will then say he wants the parts, and then that person will become the giver.

Shouldn't a Mod pin this?

My offer of Free Lego; Reply with what you need circled in green. Note more is to come -currently inundated from work

offers.jpg

I can ship anywhere, as long as it isn't prohibitively expensive.

PM Sent on the skeleton horses and troll,

I'll dig through my spare parts and post some stuff here in a bit

not Lego??? *gasp* what is that doing in your possession????oh2.gif

Sometimes I buy legos from garage sales, and find there are assorted megabloks and such mixed along with lego. I try to sort them out to the best of my ability, but the occasional one out of a thousand slips by. Later on I will be posting up a huge block of megablocks if anyo one wants it.

Hmm. I have a tub of Bionicle parts that I have no use for. I need to sort through it first though...

I did like the look of those brown boat sections you had silent! Shame I was too late.

So isn't this basically a trade thread? :look:

This is a great idea!

I'll see what I have that I don't use and wouldn't sell, and I'll keep an eye on who gives what :classic:

So isn't this basically a trade thread? :look:

You could say so, but I beg to point out the differences. You don't trade between two people, rather you give away what you don't need, and the receiver puts up what he/she doesn't need up for someone else.

When you except parts you agree to become the next 'giver' Put up a picture of some parts you don't want, or need. Somebody will then say he wants the parts, and then that person will become the giver.

Shouldn't a Mod pin this?

Will it be frowned upon if I accept SilentMode's parts and then upload my own in small quantities at intervals?

Will it be frowned upon if I accept SilentMode's parts and then upload my own in small quantities at intervals?

Just put up what your willing to give. It doesn't matter what it is, and no I don't think people will frown on it.