cesbrick

[MOC] - Task 4 - Grey Beard Wizard's Cottage

Hi everybody!

This is my entry for the 4th task: Scholars: Observatory, Alchemist, Philosopher, Astrologer

Grey Beard Wizard Cottage – a cozy cottage on the heart of the enchanted forest of Vanhorn.

So, continuing my sigfig history, Adam and his apprentice went to Grey Beard’s cottage right on the heart of Vanhorn forest. Grey Beard is a mysterious wizard and alchemist, but also a good friend of Adam. He creates many potions and magic “stuff” :sweet: and is a very wise man. And since Adam is on a new quest, soon departing to a distant land, he needs a few things from him.

Sorry for the lack of a more elaborated story or dialogue, but English is not my prime language and, to be honest, I suck at creating story’s and dialogues!

Here are some pics. It was a huge pain to photograph this MOC because of the size and the various textures and colors and, of course, my almost total lack of photographing skills! I never seem to get it right…

Anyway, I hope you like it! It was inspired in some photos that I came across on the net!

Some photos:

15247984302_c7112f66bc_c.jpg

15061810598_81b16cbc8b_c.jpg

15248306305_2bff434289_c.jpg

I would like to claim credits for (Hope I did this right. If someone thinks that I missed something, please let me now J ):

Architecture:

• Wall technics: off-set on tan walls)
  • Advanced snot (rockwork on landscape – not sure if this qualifies although I used lot of SNOT technics)

Landscape:

• Tree design
  • Flowers and dense foliage

Edited by cesbrick

Ridiculously detailed, colorful, and beautifully executed. You spoil us, Ces. I'd like to see some close-ups!

That is just amazing! All the details, so beautifull! It's not often i visit flickr to see more, and after seeing that, i definatly want to see more!

Oh my, this is one of the finest MOCs to grace these forums since I've been here... Absolutely stunning work as always my friend! I'm having a hard time deciding where to start on this one, everything is just incredible. The greebling on the stone portions of the house, the SNOT rocks, the roof ( :wub:) the chimney and off-angle architectural designs are for sure incredible highlights, but all the small details really make this into a first-class build: the hog pen, the lovely telescope (one of my favorite parts of this build!), the ingenious cobbling around the house, the trans-green pond, the stair railings, and all the details around the wizard's table. My gosh, I would love to see this in person (the only way to really appreciate this build, I'm sure). One of favorite elements has to be the various trees decorating this build. I could literally go on and on and on about all the things I love, but I'm gonna go back to gawking at your pics on Flickr. Just fantastic job!

Great stunning MoC !

(I think that the number of credit that can be claimed within one MoC is limited to 4)

Leki.

Edited by Leki

If I wouldn't be in Avalonia, I'd write now: Now I really, really, REALLY want to join Avalonia. :laugh: (I definitely should stop writing these phrases)

This build is inspiring, in so many ways. All the details and textures look nice and the colour choices, especially the dark orange roof really makes this pop out.

Also, the photos seem to be pretty good, I surely couldn't take better ones.

Edited by Simon_S

Amazing build! Great rockwork, and that color blend for the roof really nails it! Love all the variety in your landscaping as well!

I'm not sure I can give you what is basically 13 credits for this build (as far as I know each wall certification usually counts as a separate credit). It is a large and diverse build, and a fantastic one, but it's not much over the 2x32x32 minimum in place for asking for more than the normal 4 credits. So I'd be happy to give you any eight of the credits you've applied for (except SNOTted floor designs, I can't see what part of the build that applies to), but pending feedback from other regular UP graders, I'm not sure I can give you more than that!

Ridiculously detailed, colorful, and beautifully executed. You spoil us, Ces. I'd like to see some close-ups!

Thank you mcccoyed! You can see some closeups on my Flickr account.

That is just amazing! All the details, so beautifull! It's not often i visit flickr to see more, and after seeing that, i definatly want to see more!

Thanks Jorrith! Glad you like it! :classic:

Oh my, this is one of the finest MOCs to grace these forums since I've been here... Absolutely stunning work as always my friend! I'm having a hard time deciding where to start on this one, everything is just incredible. The greebling on the stone portions of the house, the SNOT rocks, the roof ( :wub:) the chimney and off-angle architectural designs are for sure incredible highlights, but all the small details really make this into a first-class build: the hog pen, the lovely telescope (one of my favorite parts of this build!), the ingenious cobbling around the house, the trans-green pond, the stair railings, and all the details around the wizard's table. My gosh, I would love to see this in person (the only way to really appreciate this build, I'm sure). One of favorite elements has to be the various trees decorating this build. I could literally go on and on and on about all the things I love, but I'm gonna go back to gawking at your pics on Flickr. Just fantastic job!

Your always so nice on your comments Patrick. :classic: I realy like the way you always make constructive comments and I can see that you take a close look to the builds and all the details. Really glad you enjoy it! :grin:

Great stunning MoC !

(I think that the number of credit that can be claimed within one MoC is limited to 4)

Leki.

Thank you Leki.

I didnt know that I was limitred to four. Maybe then I should claim just the fiirst 4!

What a beautiful build! I can't stop looking at all those details. Great work!

Thanks!

This is absolutely fantastic!

Thank you MK! :classic:

:wub: This is truly eye candy! The color scheme is brilliant and I'm especially fond of the roof!

Thanks Ecclesiastes! Apreciate your comments! :grin:

Damn, love the colours and the whole build! Amazing!

Thank you lord Vladivus!

If I wouldn't be in Avalonia, I'd write now: Now I really, really, REALLY want to join Avalonia. :laugh: (I definitely should stop writing these phrases)

This build is inspiring, in so many ways. All the details and textures look nice and the colour choices, especially the dark orange roof really makes this pop out.

Also, the photos seem to be pretty good, I surely couldn't take better ones.

Your words make me blush! :blush: Thank you Simon. I'm realy glad I joined GoH!

Great build, As Simon said, those colours are perfect and all details are really awesome.

Many thanks Monty! :classic:

This is just too fantastic to articulate!

Thanks Carson.

Amazing build! Great rockwork, and that color blend for the roof really nails it! Love all the variety in your landscaping as well!

I'm not sure I can give you what is basically 13 credits for this build (as far as I know each wall certification usually counts as a separate credit). It is a large and diverse build, and a fantastic one, but it's not much over the 2x32x32 minimum in place for asking for more than the normal 4 credits. So I'd be happy to give you any eight of the credits you've applied for (except SNOTted floor designs, I can't see what part of the build that applies to), but pending feedback from other regular UP graders, I'm not sure I can give you more than that!

Hey Kai. I'm sorry I didn t now about the limit of four. :sceptic: About the floor, yes you are right. The bricks on the floor are sideways but they are not conected, so it doesn t count, I guess. Edited by cesbrick

Hey Kai. I'm sorry I didn t now about the limit of four. :sceptic: About the floor, yes you are right. The bricks on the floor are sideways but they are not conected, so it doesn t count, I guess.

What I would do would be just pick eight, it's a big enough build that you could probably get that many without any trouble. I see what you were thinking with the floor, but since it's not really a design (more ground than flooring), I don't think it can really count.

What I would do would be just pick eight, it's a big enough build that you could probably get that many without any trouble. I see what you were thinking with the floor, but since it's not really a design (more ground than flooring), I don't think it can really count.

Ok Kay I will do that on the UoP thread! Thanks.

This is so beautiful: roof, landscape, details, everything :thumbup:

Thank you Dzoni90! :sweet:

Wow! There is so much to admire in this build :classic: The house and the rockwork are simply stellar, and I love how you've built those small paths everywhere. One of my favorite areas is also the walled in path on top of the rocks leading to the door, so much going on there!

Not really anything about the build I can suggest any improvements for :classic:

I would however recommend you to remove the additional links after each pic from the Flickr BBcode, as it does not add any value to the presentation but messes up the post somewhat. If you want to have a caption it's better to write one yourself.

Ok Kay I will do that on the UoP thread! Thanks.

Please also update the first post here to clarify for us. I'd be happy to approve a bunch of credits when you pick which ones you want to claim here! (hint: pick the ones you are less likely to fulfill in your upcoming builds)

Wow ces, just another masterpiece. Not sure what rock you were hiding under before you came to GoH, but based on your fantastic builds I would guess it was a SNOT rock with lots of detail like you show here! What a perfect way to capture that fantasy feel with a build.

Wow! There is so much to admire in this build :classic: The house and the rockwork are simply stellar, and I love how you've built those small paths everywhere. One of my favorite areas is also the walled in path on top of the rocks leading to the door, so much going on there!

Not really anything about the build I can suggest any improvements for :sweet:

I would however recommend you to remove the additional links after each pic from the Flickr BBcode, as it does not add any value to the presentation but messes up the post somewhat. If you want to have a caption it's better to write one yourself.

Please also update the first post here to clarify for us. I'd be happy to approve a bunch of credits when you pick which ones you want to claim here! (hint: pick the ones you are less likely to fulfill in your upcoming builds)

Thank you Gideon for your kind words and many thanks for the tips and clarification! :grin: I fixed the first post and tomorrow I will update the UoP thread.

Wow ces, just another masterpiece. Not sure what rock you were hiding under before you came to GoH, but based on your fantastic builds I would guess it was a SNOT rock with lots of detail like you show here! What a perfect way to capture that fantasy feel with a build.

Thank you Kayne, your too kind.. :wink: I'm very glad you like it!I must say I'm a big fan of your MOCs too.

Indeed I was in my dark ages since my 15 years old. I'm 37 now :blush: , and discovered Lego again just a few months ago.

Edited by cesbrick

Excellent moc, the roof is superb and the varying landscapes around it is so well appointed :thumbup: :thumbup:

+1 UoP DoH for your first four claims. (You can claim a maximum of four per. build :wink: )

Edited by Scaevola