Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

This is the information we have so far, from a post by Quex on 1000steinne.de, and from detailed descriptions shared in this thread by EB member nausicaakro.

EDIT: now updated with final pics and REVIEWS!

EDIT: more photos in this post by legomilk

Prices are indicative. Sets to be released in January 2011.

The Egypt sets are at first sight very impressive, and something bothering me is that there is a lot of shooting and fighting. Here you can also collect different things like Atlantis, which are housed in the various sets. As new parts: wings, knives, staff, beetles, and an elevated base plate. (I hope things are printed and not decorated with stickers!) Lots of tan, a little pearl-gold, a little dark tan, a little dark red. Elements from the PoP series I have not spotted at first sight.

7305 Attack of the scarab € 4.99 REVIEW

1 young adventurer and a sort of technic monster in blue (a giant scarab i suppose) Extra: 1 gold cristal.

7305-1.jpg

7306 Race for the golden staff € 9.99 REVIEW

1 senior adventurer on a red bike, with dynamite and rifle against 2 mummies with old black pharaons helmet, sword and scarab shield (In black). The legs of the mummies are printed! The scarabs aren't printed but the shield itself has the shape of scarab. Extra: 1 golden staff. New shape for it, very strange it is like an half moon...

7306-1.jpg

7307 Duel in the air € 19.99 REVIEW REVIEW2

English biplane with standard pilot fight against 2 mummies. They have wings in gold, red blue and white and a new helmet, like an horus face. Extra: 1 blue diamond. Very spectacular!

7307-1.jpg

7325 Cursed Cobra Statue € 29.99 REVIEW

2 adventurers on a red jeep against a BIG cobra and a standard mummy. Extra: 1 golden scarab shield. The cobra is a bit knobbly, I prefer minifigs...

7325-1.jpg

7326 Mysterious Sphinx € 49.99 REVIEW

1 adventurer with a red car and rifle against 2 standard mummy. The sphinx is a big statue with anubi head. I dont like it very much, too childish. Extra: golden mummy sword

7326-1.jpg

7327 Pyramid of the Pharaoh € 99.99 (including half-track) REVIEW

A big big set with 3 adventurers and 4 mummies. 2 mummies have a new complete helmet with anubi face. Very sweet. There is also 1 horus mummy (with wings) and a giant scorpion. IT IS A FULL pyramid, very big, with golden portal and 2 side doors. It has a plastic baseplate and i think a lot of stickers. Extra: golden standard pharaoh helmet.

7327-1.jpg

For those who can't be bothered translating the text for themselves, this is the article in English (rough translation)

Type text or a website address or translate a document.CancelListen

German to English translation

Ahoy,

although I'm not sure if I here the pictures of the new sets that can post appear in the first half of 2011 and therefore leave, I would like to introduce you to the next novelty short and give one or the other set, and my two cents .

I'll mention for the sake of completeness, the uninteresting for most sets of short, being limited to the news only to the normal LEGO program and I have received no information on exclusive products. The above rates are EIAs and are indicative.

So, now it starts but:

Lego Duplo:

5681 Police Station € 59.99

5680 police van € 19.99

5679 motorcycle policeman € 9.99

5678 cop € 4.99

The classic police issue. Nothing really moving, but solid play value.

The van with a new form of the hood, which is somewhat reminiscent of old trucks from MAN. Only not quite so long. I think Borgward and DKW also once had a van in the program, which could have been technical sponsor form.

Related:

5682 Fire Truck € 29.99 - with Light and Sound

More Duplo sets:

5684 Car Transporter 29.99 - although equipped with two small cars, but very appealing mMnnicht

5685 vet € 4.99 - a small set of unknown to me hare

5683 stall 24.99 - By car, cat, figures and a few bells and whistles, such as bread, corn and various printed stones

As the release date of January 2011 called.

In March next appear in duplo Winnie the Pooh-range 3-sets:

5947 Winnie Waldhaus € 29.99

Winnies Picnic 5945 € 9.99

5946 trip with Tigger and Piglet € 19.99

All three sets are considered to be quite nice and certainly attract new fans to the Duplo camp.

Also for the January 5 new Atlantis Sts have been announced, wait on some very cool new pieces:

7985 Temple of Atlantis € 69.99

- Very chic! 2x2 round stones, which are ribbed on the body and render as column elements. Next, the set contains a military statue and two new Atlantis residents. A man and a crab erin ground to a monkfish protagonists. The ornamental fish from the old Ninja-sets can also be found at the temple. An 8-blade propeller I've come not as a loosely to seeing debris element.

7984 drilling submarine € 29.99

- Hmmm, chic golden armor element, something Säulenkram with the new round stones, a small additional mini-submarine, with a new drill and a hammerhead shark-like creature nice, but I'm not a fan of this great drill part, which built the main model was. I liked not been in power .... Miners But the tastes are so different.

7978 attack of the sea devil € 19.99

- Again with column elements, a golden helmet (this should probably be collected That there were even times when the Knights!), A monkfish-being and a great angler, who comes along with old green dragon wings as fins. Personally I like pretty well, but let's see how the part looks like in real life.

7977 Unterwassserläufer 9.99

- Again with the hammerhead shark figure and of course a column fragment. Like this, if I have to say it flat. Skin do not wait for the stool, as I have many runners from other subject areas was also not great, but.

7976 Tiefseejet € 4.99

- Small and cute. As for in between.

The Hero-saving kits I now at this, even if they are to appear in January. Sorry, but I can start with something at all. If however you want, I ask again later before.

It continues with an update on the police issue in the city area. In my opinion, unnecessary, but apparently it is important to bring all two, three years of new police stations, fire departments and the like on the market. Sorry, the current police station, I still find enough and nice, what Lego does not prevent but with a few new elements to offer incentives to buy, perhaps.

7498 Police Station € 99.99

- Two garage doors, about prison cells to the right a three-story administration building. Nice, but I liked it better the old station. A white bicycle and a revised dog can be found here. A prison inmate also has a crowbar in his hand. Two small cars round out the set.

7288 Police Truck € 39.99

-Nothing new. (With a small sports car and a police motorcycle)

7279 police minifigs collection € 7.99

- With ATM, stroller and two crooks and two policemen. Well, somehow I feel that I have more police officers than civilians ...

7286 prisoner transport € 16.99

- Revised and the first set of the series, which I think is really good. Enduro with orange and a kind of backpack / messenger bag for the loot of the convict.

7285 police dog use € 9.99

- Maybe I should save me time in between comments, so it is clearer, but I think there have to it by now! Nice idea, but the vehicle from the front looks a bit bulky. It also seems this is a new part to have been built.

Continue with 5 Technic sets in January and a Technic set in March.

January:

8069 Backhoe Loader € 49.99

8068 Rescue Helicopter € 29.99

8067 Mobile Mini-crane 19.99

8065 Mini Dump Truck € 9.99

8066 SUV € 14.99

- This raises for me the question, why be brought only in January Technic sets on the market that also sold like hot cakes in the Christmas season would have found! Not everyone can afford big sets and sometimes even small gifts sought. Too bad, but then Lego brings itself to customer satisfaction.

In March, then comes back with

8070 Super Car € 109.99

a kit on the market that appeals to me not so much. Per-PF motor to open hood and doors, and adjustable rear spoiler. Why? The four-speed circuit is nice, but we had already in the timeless 8880, right?

But on with the announcement last January along with new stones uninteresting boxes:

The third mini-figure series! In fast-forward:

Hawaiian (with the Mexicans familiar rattle in brown and a bast skirt), chief Mandschurin fighters, adventure pilot (nice face), fishing with rod and fish, half man - half robot - entity, snowboarder (pink helmet) racer, rapper, Elf, sumo wrestlers and a cup of Karateka, Alien (as in police-Spac with goggle eyes, mummy scorpion athlete?, baseball player with bat and Gorilla with banana.

A two failures, but MMN solid series. The fourth series the way, is scheduled for April.

For the February appears Creator sets the same way we Technic for the stuff, why only now?

5766 Block House € 29.99

- Looks a bit like a gingerbread house and seems to have a dark pink roof. Lime green window and a light green base. There were certainly more beautiful homes .... But this time a mini-figure with a kayak is.

5765 Low Loader with Helicopter € 19.99

5764 Robot € 14.99

5763 Buggy € 9.99

5761 Mini Excavators € 4.99

5762 mini airplane € 4.99

Can you still, or shall I call it quits?

The new Star Wars sets have been mentioned already. The reason I skip.

But now all new things!

Ninjago!

Ne mix of Beyblades and trading card game. On a disk are characters with different weapons, you can let them fight against each. The disc seems to have put himself in the rotation and there are a variety of new weapons in the sets. Inter alia a large bone, katana, swords, spears in damask-look, a short chain and something like a war hammer. Lego praises the parts as a low-price products, and I think € 9.99 per figure with accessories already quite steep. Maybe I have but only enough money for that. There are 12 different characters to purchase individually. I like to alternate as needed by one.

There are then also suitable Speilsets:

2260 Ice Dragon € 19.99

- Exo-Force meets Ninja

2263 Turbo Shredder € 29.99

- Creepy

2505 Garmadons fortress € 69.99

- I hope there is pictures soon so you can see the stuff too!

2504 Spinjitzu Training Centre € 39.99

- The name says it all!

2516 Ninja outpost € 4.99

2258 Ninja ambush € 6.99

2259 Skeleton Chopper € 14.99

- Worth noting that Lego has here provided a skeleton with a helmet, which is strongly reminiscent of a Wehrmacht helmet.

You notice already, I'm skeptical!

In March, as spring is also a bargain for the price of 19.99 € plizeiboot instead of € 29.99 on the market. (7287) Well, there was even more beautiful models.

Two topics and you made it!

In April, the question of Egypt come with the Pharaoh Quest series and in the city area or a space station.

The Egypt-Sts are at first sight very impressive, and something bothers me that there is a lot of shooting and fighting. Here you can also collect different things like Atlantis, which are housed in the different sets. As new parts of me fall on wings, knives, Priesersta, beetles, and a higher base. (I hope things are printed and not to decorate with stickers!

7327 pyramid of Pharaoh € 99.99 (including half-track)

7325 Enchanted cobra € 29.99

7307 Duel in the air 19.99 (Toller Double Decker)

7306 Race for the gold bar € 9.99

7305 attack of scarab € 4.99

7326 Mysterious Sphinx € 49.99

In the Welraumsets falls on the first of the major space-port. Looks nice. Despite a number of molded parts for the rocket. The Shuttle has to have that at all not like small airplane cockpit and the sets and the moon buggy Satelittenstartrampe potential.

3368 Missile Base € 59.99

3367 Shuttle 29.99

3366 Satelittenstartrampe 16.99

3365 moon-buggy € 4.99

Only the sake of completeness quickly mentioned the new Lego games:

3856 Ninjago Temple € 24.99

Sunblock 3852 € 9.99

3853 Go Bananas € 9.99

3854 Frog Rush € 12.99

3855 Ramses Return € 12.99

Thank you for your attention.

Regards

January

Okay, I can see which way some of us might take this.....halftrack vehicle....Egypt...hmm, WWII....Desert Rats maybe....since there is no more Indi sets and if Johnny makes a return he does look a little like Errol Flynn it would be an interesting rebirth of an old theme.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I'm excited! I can't wait to see pics of the Egypt theme.

I missed out on pretty much the whole adventurers series 10 years ago so I'm looking forward to this one. I hope they use the PoP desert color scheme.

Lego, are you trying to kill my wallet? :laugh:

Egypt sounds fantastic. Maybe even better to postpone my Harry Potter or PotC plans...

I hope they will add a bit of the Prince of Persia goodies into these sets. Camels, the arches, the colors...

Looking forward to that.

fW

A few more details from Jan (Quex) on 1000steine.de:

The Egypt-sets:

much tan, a little pearl-gold, a little dark tan, a little dark red. Elements of the PoP series I have not detected directly.

A few more details from Jan (Quex) on 1000steine.de:

The Egypt-sets:

much tan, a little pearl-gold, a little dark tan, a little dark red. Elements of the PoP series I have not detected directly.

The color scheme sounds good.

I already posted my initial thoughts over in the "2011 themes and sets?" thread in General Discussion, but this thread seems like an equally good place for them, so I'll go ahead and repeat myself here:

Oh, wow - the return of Adventurers (or debut of something like it) sounds absolutely wonderful, if only it had come one or two years later, as I was really hoping for the return of Indiana Jones next year. It seems very unlikely they'd do both Indy and Adventurers in the same year, and next year is the year to do an encore for Indy (since it's the anniversary year), so I can only assume they're not going to do any more Indiana Jones sets (at least unless and until there's a fifth movie). Alas.

:cry_sad:

That said... wow! Adventurers back?! Awesome! The original line was well underway (going from Dino Island to Orient Expedition) as I was coming out of my dark ages, so I missed all the original Egyptian sets; I'll be very glad for another crack at this material. And hopefully it really is a return of Adventurers rather than a totally new take on the material; I'd like to see Johnny and friends (and enemies!) again...

:cry_happy:

So... lots of tan, huh? Just as one would expect, and as it should be. :classic: A shame it probably won't have the wealth of printed elements the original Adventurers Egyptian line did, but I'm sure it'll be great all the same (and hey, one never knows about printed bricks these days...).

They didn't even wait a year after Indy to pull back out the Adventurers, and then also with their strongest subtheme! Amazing. Looking forward to these and wonder in what time it takes place, seems 1920s to 1930s again, what would be amazing for the vehicles and minifig parts! Looking forward to the Sphinx especially!

Just a bit concerend it might be too combat-oriented as someone on a german page said. Will see.

Wow, this is a theme I'd love to see. If done right it will scratch my Indi/PoP itch perfectly! The original Adventurers Egypt line was absolutely amazing.

Nobody has said anything sbout the Adventurers, although it'll probably be at least like them.

I forgot. These things will look killer next to my PoP setup. If it comes to choosing, I'll probably give up Harry Potter. Most of them, anyway. :laugh:

Wow, 2011 looks like it's going to be good! Not only the Egypt, but the Atlantis also abounds good. Police, not so much... Mininfigure series 3 sounds tempting, although no barcodes...

I'm kind of hoping that series 3 of the minifigs suck, so I won't be as sad when I won't be able to get my hands on them.

Pharohs Quest sounds like the return of Johnny Thunders to me, definitely something to look into. And it will be interesting to see these new atlantis sets, they sound... Intriguing.

Looking forward to this new theme :cry_happy: , I would like it if Johnny Thunder would return.

The Adventures are my favorite Action theme, hopefully the sets are good it does sound promising so far. :thumbup:

the Inventor

This sounds indeed very much like a remake of the Egypt subtheme of Adventurers, which is great since that line was awesome. Can't wait to see pics!

Thanks for the news!

Oh, I am misty eyed for a return of Egyptian Adventures. They were my fondest sets, my favourite things. The varia-coloured pyramids I built, the odd looking super adventure cars I "swooshed". I anticipate this with nostalgia tempered with realistic thoughts.

Pictures will help me decide if it is overly violent, but then Sam Grant had a pistol and rifles. I can't wait to head out into the desert once more. :thumbup:

YEAH! :sweet: This is going to be awesome to have another egypt theme! And it sounds like it's going to be more like an action theme than historical which in my opinion is great! I really hope there are some Anubis figures or figs of other gods or something. A new mummy would be great since the old studios mummy was awesome. :classic: But how are they going to make a reasonably sized pyramid without it looking crappy?

Edited by computerbug

Hmmm.... I think this will be have the same theme structure as Atlantis, but it looks a lot better.

These sound awesome! I actually hope they don't look alot like PoP, though the dark red sounds interesting. :wub:

I'm also hoping it won't have two teams with their own special color(s) like World Racers, SW BPs, and most of the medieval times themed sets we've had. :look:

Atlantis is becoming alot like Exo-Force now, even when they found the hidden city there's still more things to fight. :sceptic:

I'm sorta excited for the ~Ninjas~, but I think I need pictures to tell if they're just ninjas.

Edited by indianajones

These sound awesome! I actually hope they don't look alot like PoP, though the dark red sounds interesting. :wub:

I'm also hoping it won't have two teams with their own special color(s) like World Racers, SW BPs, and most of the medieval times themed sets we've had. :look:

Atlantis is becoming alot like Exo-Force now, even when they found the hidden city there's still more things to fight. :sceptic:

I'm sorta excited for the ~Ninjas~, but I think I need pictures to tell if they're just ninjas.

Do you mean NinjaGo? If so, that's not a new theme...but a card game...