Sirens-of-Titan

The Drake's Head Inn

Hello Guildsmen; i've continued my ongoing story on MOCpages, but as you may know I've moved the setting North into Mitgardia to accommodate both the Guild and the ongoing project.

Here is my latest build The Drake's Head Inn! :wink:

1323975085m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323975099m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323975104m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323975115m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323975157m_DISPLAY.jpg

As always please see the full story on --> MOCPages.

Or maybe you prefer to take a look on Flickr.

I hope you enjoy the story! :grin:

Long Live Mitgardia!

Well, being taken speachless there aint much I could possibly say except for: Hail Jarl Nibelung, the great leader of our glorious Mitgardia Guild!!

This is terrific. I love the use of the new Dino head. You've produced some of the all time best fantasy builds with this story line.

The story compliments the build so much. Outstanding job Sirens-of-Titans!

It is an amazing MOC, Sirens.

I like the unique shape of the main building as well as many details, like colour-glass windows, mosaic-tiled floors, very special sort of plants, and last but not least, the decent colour scheme of the model.

Very nice! love the whole thing. Did you do the vingettes separately? I'm currently building a project now and was thinking of doing it that way for easy of photography.

mikey

Besides the wonderful construction the backstory is awesome too.

More please. :excited:

It´s just lovely! :wub:

All the details that you discover after you seen the pic for a while, like the cheese slopses on tehe ground just before the door.

The dinohead is a very funny touch. It fits really well to the whole setting! My favourite part has to be the third floor and the arches bending over the building right under! Great work!

This looks excellent Sirens! One thing I always enjoy about your mocs are the way you create seperate mocs for the interior scenes. This is such a great idea as it allows you to create a much more detailed interior scene without the restrictions. Great details and so many interesting techniques. You really have created your own fantasy style building niche, a instantly recognizable style of your own. Really great work, give ya'self a pat on the back :thumbup:

This is an amazing build, fantastic! :wub:

Those stained glass windows are wonderful, nicely in Mitgardia's colours. The spiky trees outside are cool too.

The interiors are very nicely done, and presented in a lovely way. Looks very professional! :thumbup:

What I like the most is the amount of detail you've put in here. It is what MOCs like this make even more spectacular.

Job very well done I'd say! :thumbup:

Almost nice enough to be Avalonian :tongue:

But really, very good work! I bet you guild leaders are really licking your chops to get in on this guild action!

That's really great :wub:

Indeed the close-ups to tell the story are alwys a nice touch! But the inn itself is a true beauty, those green/yellow windows, the overall design, the fire-place; all very nice!

So I think my men will love it to visit the inn :wink:

Love it! The tavern is just perfect. :thumbup: Great to see new elements like the dino head and the "brick bricks" getting a run too. :classic:

OMFG!

this is the most impressive and amazing MOC I've ever seen!

Everything is perfect!

Congratulations man! Incredible! What an extraordinary skill!

Congratulations again! :cry_happy:

This MOC is GORGEOUS! I love FFTactics, and this looks like it came right from the game. I love the hall with the windows and the writing desk in particular. I love the quill for the desk too. Beautiful!

Oh my Gosh, this is just fantastic. The story is brilliant too, internal factions always make things more interesting!

:classic:

This is probably my favourite MOC of the Historica guilds so far! :wub:

The scale is awesome! The architecture is fantastic - you've used simple techniques well. The interiors as separate vignettes is a great idea too - I might steal that!

Love this MOC and the backstory, though could someone tell me about the bit about swaying loyalties and "the dwarven friend"? I seemed to have missed out that part.

Love this MOC and the backstory, though could someone tell me about the bit about swaying loyalties and "the dwarven friend"? I seemed to have missed out that part.

I'm pleasantly surprised you're keeping up with this story; the dwarf betrayal is something that has happened in the "30 years" after my last fantasy story ended. I'm alluding to it and will discuss it further in the builds to come! Thanks for tuning in! :grin:

As for the question of whether or not this is modular; it is not. There simply isn't enough room with the technique I use to make the roofs stay in place for a detailed interior. The interiors are separate vignettes and they exist concurrently with the MOC. Yes all 4 of those builds are assembled at the same time, I would take a picture but it'll ruin the illusion of scale. :wink:

I'm pleasantly surprised you're keeping up with this story; the dwarf betrayal is something that has happened in the "30 years" after my last fantasy story ended. I'm alluding to it and will discuss it further in the builds to come! Thanks for tuning in! :grin:

Ooh, the intrigue, but is the dwarf Vanek?? I must out the answer :tongue:

As for the question of whether or not this is modular; it is not. There simply isn't enough room with the technique I use to make the roofs stay in place for a detailed interior. The interiors are separate vignettes and they exist concurrently with the MOC. Yes all 4 of those builds are assembled at the same time, I would take a picture but it'll ruin the illusion of scale. :wink:

Indeed the mystery would be gone!

Really great storytelling! Do you write books as profession?

The stunning pictures fit perfect in the story!