I signed up for Brickshelf last Sunday and they said they would send me a confirmation e-mail so I've waited till yesterday and then I tried to sign up again. I entered my e-mail address and it said that this e-mail is already signed up. So I said ok and tried to log in, and it aid this account is not active yet. :wacko: So I'm asking the Eurobricks community, How long did it take you to get your brickshelf confirmation e-mail?

Thank You for reading,

lego3364

Edited by lego3364

I signed up years ago, so it's not exactly fresh in memory, but I don't remember there being any waiting time on it. I think it's supposed to just send it out automatically.

I signed up yesterday and it took only a couple of minutes to receive the confirmation mail... Did you spell the adress correctly?

Yeah, and then when I tried to do one again it said this address is already used. :wacko:

Yeah, and then when I tried to do one again it said this address is already used. :wacko:

Exact same thing happened to me when I tried to sign up years ago.

I gave up, couldn't be bothered. I got a cheap Flickr (pretty much unlimited) account before the prices went through the roof so I don't really care now anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway. Honestly, you are not missing out on much. I have only ever used it for hosting pictures, and I am sure there are much better alternatives today. Navigating the site is horrible, the overall look is just uninspiring and for some reason uploading even a single low resolution photo can takes minutes.

I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway. Honestly, you are not missing out on much. I have only ever used it for hosting pictures, and I am sure there are much better alternatives today. Navigating the site is horrible, the overall look is just uninspiring and for some reason uploading even a single low resolution photo can takes minutes.

Exact same thing happened to me when I tried to sign up years ago.

I gave up, couldn't be bothered. I got a cheap Flickr (pretty much unlimited) account before the prices went through the roof so I don't really care now anyway.

Thanks, I just was getting it so I could join SONE, I didn't want to use Flickr cause it requires a Yahoo, Google, or Facebook account and I don't have any of them. So I wanted to use Brickshelf. Oh Well.

Edited by lego3364

Have you checked your email spam folder for the confirmation notice?

Well, yesterday I signed up for G-mail, but brickshelf hasn't sent one to my G-mail either. I also tried to sign up to Yahoo to get flickr, but the wouldn't except my phone number. So it looks like no SONE for a while...

Have you checked your email spam folder for the confirmation notice?

Yeah, and there was nothing.

Well, since Brickshelf and Yahoo hate me right now. Does anyone know another website where I could post my pictures?

Isn't flickr free to join? Brickshelf is poorly supported; and nowadays you get tonnes of storage on flickr for the minor inconvenience of a few adverts.

Since this relates to picture hosting for posting on EB, I'm moving it to Website & Forums.

Isn't flickr free to join? Brickshelf is poorly supported; and nowadays you get tonnes of storage on flickr for the minor inconvenience of a few adverts.

Since this relates to picture hosting for posting on EB, I'm moving it to Website & Forums.

Ok Thanks, and Yahoo won't except my phone number so I can't sign up.

Thank you all for your help. I have found a site called BrickSafe that doesn't hate me. :tongue: Thank you all for helping me through, and I really do appreciate it.

Ok Thanks, and Yahoo won't except my phone number so I can't sign up.

Yahoo doesn't ask for your phone number, right? They probably try to get it for "password/account recovery", but I can't imagine it being mandatory. Next to the virtually unlimited (1TB) storage they offer, one of the great things about flickr is that you can easily embed images in various resolutions without the need to upload the same image in multiple resolutions. This makes it ideal for use on a forum. You upload the image in full resolution and then use a smaller resolution on the board. It even generates the BBCode for you.

Yahoo doesn't ask for your phone number, right? They probably try to get it for "password/account recovery", but I can't imagine it being mandatory. Next to the virtually unlimited (1TB) storage they offer, one of the great things about flickr is that you can easily embed images in various resolutions without the need to upload the same image in multiple resolutions. This makes it ideal for use on a forum. You upload the image in full resolution and then use a smaller resolution on the board. It even generates the BBCode for you.

When I try to sign up, it says that they are going to send an SMS with the verification code, via your phone number.

There must be a different option where you don't need an SMS verification. I was never asked for one and I created multiple Yahoo! accounts. :grin:

I could never get BrickSafe to work for me though. :look:

Thank you all for your help. I have found a site called BrickSafe that doesn't hate me. :tongue: Thank you all for helping me through, and I really do appreciate it.

Thanks for sharing Bricksafe, I have just signed up :classic: And with this you are way better off than with Brickshelf, I just uploaded 46 pictures in less time than Brickshelf does one :tongue: And you can actually upload more than one at the same time, I love it!

And you can actually upload more than one at the same time, I love it!

You can upload multiple files to Brickshelf by compressing them in a ZIP folder and uploading that. Brickshelf will automatically unpack them into the folder you're uploading to.

You can upload multiple files to Brickshelf by compressing them in a ZIP folder and uploading that. Brickshelf will automatically unpack them into the folder you're uploading to.

Thank you Brickdoctor, I didn't know that. I am however afraid my days on brickshelf are over. I like it quick and simple, and Bricksafe fits better for me. Thanks though :classic:

I tried that many times, but it never worked for me. It just opened the folder with no files in it.

Maybe it's because I make others internet speeds seem ridiculously fast. :blush:

I tried that many times, but it never worked for me. It just opened the folder with no files in it.

Maybe it's because I make others internet speeds seem ridiculously fast. :blush:

I just tested it*, and it still works for me, so maybe it is just your Internet. :tongue:

*Wow, Brickshelf is really slow. :laugh: I don't remember it being that slow, but I haven't used it in over a year.

Over the past couple of days, I've tried to upload about 150 pics onto 1 Brickshelf-folder. But it just doesn't work for me, even though I've put them into a zip-file. Yesterday, I tried putting them into seperate folders on my computer and comprising each folder into a zip-file in the hopes of putting them on Brickshelf better. But even after about 90 pics, Brickshelf keeps giving me errors, saying what's in the image below:

brickshelf_error.png

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem (preferably without contacting the Brickshelf-host? I hear communication isn't exactly his/her strong suit)? Thanks in advance.