Sebeus I

Farore's Wind

[pid][/pid] 127D

My newest battle ship, a three-master with 16 cannons, crewed by bluecoats.

Basically this is an improved version of my older frigate, Din's Fire, which was my first ship with an actual tumblehome.

Relying on Captain Greenhair's Tutoral I used hinge plates to achieve the shape. Ofcourse there are some things of my own in it, particulary on stern and prow.

a.jpg

I just couldn't go for costum rigging, it's the most frustrating activity in a ship building process, I rather take it easy and use the prefab rigging ladders :pir-wink:

dsc05790.jpg

(you can see al of my bluecoats in this picture).

dsc05816.jpg

I particulary like how the catheads turned out, that arche piece is perfect.

dsc05840.jpg

Ofcourse this ship wouldn't be worth its name without a proper Triforce Crest :pir-classic:

dsc05879.jpg

The quarter deck can be taken out to reveal the cabin's interior.

dsc05846.jpg

There's a panel in the cabin that can be taken out as well, this takes us to the hold where the rudder chain is located.

The rudder however is not connected to the steering wheel, the construction messed up the cabins' interior too much so I took it out.

dsc05865.jpg

The electric wire goes from the main hold to the table in the cabin.

(There's a light brick under the table).

dsc05851.jpg

The two lanterns on the table actually cover the light brick, pretty sweet huh ?

1327761777m_DISPLAY.jpg

1327761795m_DISPLAY.jpg

dsc05873.jpg

The double capstan; it can be used to haul up both port and starboard anchors (not at the same time though).

dsc05893.jpg

There is a mechanic switch in the forecastle which allows you to set whatever anchor you'd like to haul up.

dsc05885.jpg

The main hold can be accessed via the grates in the (more or less) center of the ship.

dsc05887.jpg

It holds the batterybox for the cabin lights and in the middle runs a flexible axle, connecting the capstans with the anchors.

(lights aren't connected yet because I couldn't find a 9V battery, I have one in my Techic Pirate Ship but that's not accessible, which is also the reason why I didn't fully integrate the batterybox this time, if I ever need to replace the battery I don't want to demolish half of the ship :pir_laugh2: ).

dsc05897.jpg

dsc05827.jpg

dsc05934.jpg

dsc05935.jpg

dsc05797.jpg

I thought about using more than 4 midsections but I figured that wouldn't do any good considering the proportions, It's already quite the narrow ship.

More ships are coming, my Flying Dutchman (probably without sails) and my new redcoat brig :pir-classic:

For more pictures see my Brickshelf folder

This is a nice looking ship, like the colorscheme, i especcially like the headrails.

I don't like the last mast, it seems a little off it's place, it should be more foreward, also a bigger sail would be nice although you used the original LEGO sails, there are no bigger ones :pir-hmpf_bad: .

Quite a nice and colourful ship you've created. I really like the working rudder chain and the lights in the table! :thumbup:

But why do they have a Blacktron logo on the stern? :pir-grin:

Quite a nice and colourful ship you've created. I really like the working rudder chain and the lights in the table! :thumbup:

But why do they have a Blacktron logo on the stern? :pir-grin:

Just a personal touch, to add that little bit fantasy to the ship :pir-classic:

I find the mizzen mast to be placed really nicely. And so is the rest of the ship: I really like it! And as always, your technical "upgrades" are neat!

That's a very nice upgrade! I really like all the new features.

I'm thinking of using light bricks myself in the future, could you show us a picture of the light on the ship in the dark?

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I really really really like the color scheme! This is a lovely vessel.

I don't like the last mast, it seems a little off it's place, it should be more foreward, also a bigger sail would be nice although you used the original LEGO sails, there are no bigger ones :pir-hmpf_bad: .

I find the mizzen mast to be placed really nicely. ...

Hmmm, that's what you get when building a ship not based on any really model :pir_laugh2:

I could place the mizzen mast a bit more forward with 6 studs max but then again, because the sail is rather small it might not really look better.

That's a very nice upgrade! I really like all the new features.

I'm thinking of using light bricks myself in the future, could you show us a picture of the light on the ship in the dark?

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Yep I'll make a picture tomorrow, the cool thing about this light brick is that it also has a flicker option = disco cabin :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

A picture in complete darkness:

dsc06085.jpg

A picture from inside the ship:

dsc06089.jpg

and one with the lights on, looks like there's a fire in the cabin :pir-tongue:

dsc06095.jpg

GREAT MOC MATE!

I see you are a great fan of Legend of Zelda, because your ships are named like OoT powers. And I can see the Triforce in the stern.

In any case, your ship is great...I like the light effect, the deck and the stern

Those lights look fantastic! :pir-classic: I really like that your ship has this feature and the working anchor. Excellent job and thanks for including another video of the ship as well. :thumbup: