just2good

LEGO Ideas: 21110 Research Institute/Female Minifigure Set

Here are some pictures http://www.thebrickf...o-ideas-product, if these are the sets they look pretty interesting, but I think the price looks a little high just from a quick look at it.

Edit: the price seems to be for all 3, so fair price I think. Very versatile research institute :classic:

Edited by emilstorm

That would be a strikingly brilliant solution on Lego's part to completely and utterly disarm a political correctness bomb while at the same time staying the heck out of the debate and controversy. Flip "Female Minifigures" to "Research Institute" and give them all three sets as one. Because SCIENCE! I am in awe of whatever spinmeister came up with that solution.

Interesting.......I also want to know what 21050 Studio is and at such a high price too ?

It seems like it's just the Architecture Studio reissued $10 more expensive.

Interesting.......I also want to know what 21050 Studio is and at such a high price too ?

Probably a new Architecture Studio?

That would be a shame- but at least the Mini Cooper is only $100, as I was really looking forward to that.

Here are some pictures http://www.thebrickf...o-ideas-product, if these are the sets they look pretty interesting, but I think the price looks a little high just from a quick look at it.

Edit: the price seems to be for all 3, so fair price I think. Very versatile research institute :classic:

Those are just the proposed ideas, though they would be interesting designs

If you got those 3 (even somewhat modified by TLG) for $20, that would be amazing. Glad I supported this... I really love it.

Maybe with an International Book this time? Remember the earlier release was US and Canada only and the book was only in English.

Well the title says it all really- https://ideas.lego.com/projects/15401 This is our next Lego ideas set, A little boring compared to an ecto-1 but an interestinc choice none the less.

14336550412_75e00185e9_o.jpgLego CUUSOO Female Minifigure Set by

Legocollecter123, on Flickr

The set is due to be released in August with an unconfirmed price tag and the new name Research institute. It has not been released exactly what the set will contain or the piece count.

Edited by The Joker1

Well the title says it all really- https://ideas.lego.com/projects/15401 This is our next Lego ideas set, A little boring compared to an ecto-1 but an interestinc choice none the less.

I don't know why we need a feminist set, LEGO has really upped the diversity and these days most sets have good male to female ratios.

It shows had badly people need gender equality in Lego sets... and releasing this set will do a lot of positive PR for the Lego company. :wink:

Apparently it's been renamed 'Research Institute' and will feature three scientists. I won't be getting this for myself, but I do think it's very positive.

I don't know why we need a feminist set, LEGO has really upped the diversity and these days most sets have good male to female ratios.

Correction, they have better male to female ratios...

Edited by David Thomsen

Personally i agree, Take a look at any city line and you will find a high number of female figures, Even in other new lines there is a large amount of lead female roles (monster fighters, Ultra agents etc) However im not bothered as if its no good i just won't get one. :purrr:

I can see these as a series of polybags... the equivalent of a LEGO Friends polybag. However, I just don't see how it will work as a one off item. Will it just be the paleontologist? If so, the price would have to be way smaller.

Either way, congrats to the winner. I look forward to seeing what the final model looks like. If it has awesome printing on the minifigure, I will pick it up.

EDIT:

Thanks for the details. Research Institute sounds better and by working several of the vignettes together it places it in the same category as the other IDEAS / CUUSOO projects. Still whether I buy this set for myself really depends on the minifig prints.

I might get it as a Christmas present for a niece though. I have one that I start on Friends but also gave her the Scientist and showed her that the hair is interchangeable.

Edited by Blakstone

Personally i agree, Take a look at any city line and you will find a high number of female figures, Even in other new lines there is a large amount of lead female roles (monster fighters, Ultra agents etc) However im not bothered as if its no good i just won't get one. :purrr:

It shows had badly people need gender equality in Lego sets... and releasing this set will do a lot of positive PR for the Lego company. :wink:

Apparently it's been renamed 'Research Institute' and will feature three scientists. I won't be getting this for myself, but I do think it's very positive.

Correction, they have better male to female ratios...

I suppose it does have reason behind it but i just feel its a tad unnecessary, Still i'm sure with a lego logo on it will sell no problem

I think it looks very interesting and would strongly consider buying it. There is however a lot if stuff I can't really use in there, but I guess the Dino can sit in the window or something:)

As for the whole gender discussion, I would rather not bring it to eurobricks:) but in general I don't believe releasing a "feminist" set is good for anything in that regard. Isn't that the opposite of equality:)

Another thread has said that it will be $19.95.

Threads merged.

Since this seems to be contemporary and minifigure scaled, I think it fits best in Town for now.

I can't see how this is feminism and I'm not a feminist myself, but I do have an masters degree in chemistry and the year I began at the university at natural science, there were men to women ratio were 20/80 and it's was back then in 2003. At my last job the majority of my colleagues was women with a background in natural science or engineers.

And LEGO is getting better to include more women in their sets, but the male minifigs are still the majority in town, just like among AFOL's..

LEGO are for both boys and girls and some girls like playing with dolls and LEGO.