Tobysan

[MOC] Lighthouse

Hi All,

Here's one of my earlier MOC projects.

post-129878-0-03304500-1416718981_thumb.jpg

I have always liked Lighthouses and I was looking around for a Lighthouse for our small town project, but there were 2 problems 1) Lighthouse Island 5770 was rather small compared to modulars and 2) Lighthouse Island was retired which meant any available 5770 sets were to be outrageously overpriced. so out goes my idea of modding one.

The objective of this Lighthouse is to fit with a coastal town and I added the concept of a field station to bring in a layer which I felt would offer a unique play factor for the kids and myself of course.

That is why I called it the Lighthouse Field Station.

I went a little further with it and worked in a crank and gear system out of Technic parts so that we could have a rotating Light brick installed.

Anyway I won't ramble on too much and let the MOC speak for itself.

You can check out more detailed pics here.

There's a video too if you want to watch the lightbrick/crank in action

http://www.boxtoy.co...lighthouse.html

Hope you guys enjoy it and any feedback is welcomed.

It's also open for support at LEGO Ideas so if you really like it your support would be awesome.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/82085

Edited by Tobysan

Hi @Captain Braunsfeld,

There's a resident dog and a Research person. As it was a field station for 'Research' I guess its more of his office, there a little reading room above as well.

Lego_Lighthouse_CRoom.jpg

Lego_Lighthouse_Jetty.jpg

Edited by Tobysan

This is a really nice and modern take on a light house Great idea, I would never have thought of a square lighthouse. :laugh: The amount of windows helps brighten it up, and the white balcony on top is a nice touch as well! :sweet: