Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"From up high, it means we lived near the top of the mountains, high high up. We would shout across the canyons and vallies within. Echo you see, voices travel far. We were the highest living tribe, far above the others. The sea is certainly low, but not all of the low are bad. The Norse fight the cold as we do, so there is no dishonour." Tesni smiled. It was nice to talk about her home.

Är du from up North, too? Eric asked, even though he already figured the answer was negative. He took another bite from his meat and a bit of blood ran down his chin. He liked his meat rare, very rare.

He downed his ale and turned to the Elven Rogue. "Ja, jag är Norse, but I have never heard of this woman you speak of. Then again, it's been a while since I last saw my home" Eric said, his voice going silent as he neared the end of his sentence.

Eric decided to enjoy the rest of the meal and just let the others talk. He was more of a silent guy. Few of words, great in deeds. He only spoke when necessary.

So I see you are going on the 2nd quest as well. Why that one?

"I've always been fond of the sea. I also enjoying sneaking around looking for things."

Sips dink

"Is there any particular reason you are going?"

"Aye, we do live for an uncomfortable amount of time. So where are you from? I've heard tales of the Hightribe, and I'm mighty curious."

"Well, I ask your lifespan as it has been a long time since we were mighty." Tesni gripped the hilt of her sword. "Cryf and I are the last of it all. We lived high up in the tribe mountains, I do not know what the people here call it. We were the highest tribe and were called Hightribe. We were mighty fighters and also careful farmers. Some years ago, when I was a youngest one, the tribe cheif was strong and mighty but a rockfall killed him on the trails. His useless brother was made cheif. He had tastes for the low kingdom things and would go there often. One day he came hurrying back and the next night a band of armoured men came..."

Tesni gripped the hilt harder.

"All but me and the priestess died, I could find no one. It had been my chore to take food and wood to the temple and I stayed behind to hear the tales. It rained so I stayed in the temple cave, we heard the noise and watched from the highest place... I was too young, the priestess to old. I went back down in the morning, no one stirred. The priestess said the water was made bad and all the mighty men were spell sleeping. I grew up mighty like all the tribe and when the priestess died I took the sword and it is my quest for Hightribe to be known everywhere and by everyone."

Gives 5 gold

Scheherazade flings the coins back to the elf with the hat.

"What are you giving me gold for? Haven't you figured out everything here is free to members by now? If you want to spend your measly money so bad, visit the Marketplace once it reopens."

"Well, you're off to a great start with the 'getting known' part. Half the men here already fear you, and you've found a fellow Barbarian. You also have a friend in me. If you ever need anything, find me. Would you like the rest of this lamb leg? I'm stuffed."

Jess handed the leg off to Tensi.

"Well, you're off to a great start with the 'getting known' part. Half the men here already fear you, and you've found a fellow Barbarian. You also have a friend in me. If you ever need anything, find me. Would you like the rest of this lamb leg? I'm stuffed."

Jess handed the leg off to Tensi.

Tesni takes the leg,

"Thank you, a mighty hunger is often worked up when you run yes? Racing tide is not something you do high up!"

This commotion is too much.

The saloon was becoming too tumultuous for Bartholomew's tastes. Had it not been for the fact that this was the only place one could eat for free, he probably wouldn't have stayed so long. He decided to explore the rest of Heroica Hall.

I have been commanded by my Farther to wear this until I become one of the greatest champions to walk these halls.

Chris laughed heartily at the young knight's enthusiasm. "And I have no doubt that you will my friend." he said. "But come, let us join in on the revelry." he said motioning towards a table in the bar.

"A drink for me and my friend mistress." he said to the ork lady manning the bar. "I would offer to pay for your drink, but it seems they are being given out for free" he said to new comrade.

"I would offer to pay for your drink, but it seems they are being given out for free"

Sven decided that he liked this man, sure he made himself feel inadequate and ashamed of his equipment but then again, everything did.

Perhaps if people see the two of us together they will believe I am an actual Knight,

With that though firmly lodged within his head he gave his fellow knight a small nod and picked up one of the two flagons placed on the table by the Orc Maid.

“Cheers”

And with that he drank.

Edited by SirSven7

"Thank you, a mighty hunger is often worked up when you run yes? Racing tide is not something you do high up!"

"Indeed! My brother Rolf always got hungry after he ran. He'd come home and eat everything in sight!"

I miss Rolf, Jess thought. I wish I hadn't mentioned him now.

Atramor's relatively short attention span had, unfortunately, caused him to fall asleep at the bar. Though he receieved some not-so-nice looks from Scheherazade, McCafferey kept a close eye on him. The other eye, however, was on all the chicken legs being passed around, as well as on the Halfling chef, who was chopping up chickens like a hacksaw. Eventually she began dropping...well, droppings into the stew.

"For my kinsmen!" she yelled in her head. All that anyone heard was a "bawk."

Eventually she returned to Atramor's hat, knowing she had avenged many of her fellows.

"Is there any particular reason you are going?"

Just to show some orcs and thieves what a point of a crossbow bolt looks like. Stealing is naughty wrong. :sadnew:

Just to show some orcs and thieves what a point of a crossbow bolt looks like. Stealing is naughty wrong. :sadnew:

"Since you're such a good person, here's the three gold I took from you earlier while you were drinking."

Jess handed the gold over with an impish grin.

"Since you're such a good person, here's the three gold I took from you earlier while you were drinking."

Jess handed the gold over with an impish grin.

Stai mentendo suina! :damn:

You lying swine!

*Pulls out crossbow and pulls back string and knocks bolt and aims. (Since it is a low powered crossbow without winch, it takes 5 seconds)*

Give me the other 2 gold coins or I'll take it from you.

The doors of Heroica Hall open as a cloaked figure walks in. "It seems I'm not the first to arrive", he mutters as he heads to the Quest Board. Scanning the board, he notices that although there are many sign-ups for the first two quests, there's not a cleric's name among them. "I think I'll sign up for Quest #1: Harvest Time and Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares" he says as he adds his name to the lists.

heroica_character_full_photo.png

Tomas, Level 1 Cleric

24 years old male human

Power: 4 Health: 9/9 Ether: 5/5 Gold: 10

Inventory: Gold Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy

Christopher leaped up and moved between the ranger and Rogue. "Calm down friend" he said moving his hand to the hilt of his sword. "there is no need for violence,check your pockets I think you'll find all of your gold their. I believe she returned everything she took." he said trying to prevent a bar brawl from starting.

"I'm not afraid of you. Here, take the other two coins if you really want them. But know this: if you ever point a crossbow at me again, expect a poisoned knife between your ribs. Don't trifle with me, youngster."

Jess turned back to the Barbarians, a slight smile touching her lips.

"I'm not afraid of you. Here, take the other two coins if you really want them. But know this: if you ever point a crossbow at me again, expect a poisoned knife between your ribs. Don't trifle with me, youngster."

Jess turned back to the Barbarians, a slight smile touching her lips.

Thank you, and don't trifle with a man from the Southern Peninsula. And if you ever stick a poisoned knife between my ribs, expect an armor piercing bolt between your eyes.

Seemingly unaware to the banter and social awkwardness about him Stout pipes up addressing no one in particular,

"Did I ever tell you of my adventures amongest the giant Pygmies of Beckle?"......no one seems to take the baited question, Stoat continues anyway "twas there I last saw my intrepid spaniel Stig.......how I miss that hound".

Bacari turns to his elf ranger friend, and whispers.

"Alexis, 'accidentally' spill your drink and order a new one and don't let that old wench of an elf get near you. I shall go for now."

Bacari runs and lumps off the balcony by the bar, his cape flying as he does so.

"I'm glad we could get that all settled." Althior said as he stepped into the saloon. He had heard the entire conversation from outside. He stepped into the 3rd weirdest scene he'd ever witnessed. (Don't ask the other two, they're disturbing.) He saw a man jump off a balcony and the one known as Sir Gladius Stoat mono-logging like an idiot. People were screaming and behaving like barbarians, Except for, ironically, the barbarians. He reaches for his wand, just in case things got ugly. He also kept his hand in his pockets, making sure no rouges steal his gold.

As the Hall was bursting with chatter and activity from all of the new so-called heroes, the front door opened and closed yet again. Anyone who had bothered to look at the new arrival would've seen nothing but the heads of those already in the crowd. A little imp, about half the size of a human, pushes his way through the crowd swiftly. Those pushed aside look down at their knees were they feel the imp brush past, only to realize that he is already far ahead of them.

The mysterious little creature, donned in a simple tunic, pointed hat, and a ragged cloak, makes its way towards the quest board. It carried an ominous-looking scythe over its shoulder. After studying the list carefully, the imp writes its only name, Hybros, under Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares. And though he would highly prefer to do Quest 2, Hybros also signed his name under Quest #3: The Missing Matriarch.

After making his way to the saloon, Hybros takes a seat next to Defficio, noting his height. He doesn't bother to order a drink, and instead pulls out a small flask and drinks from it.

Not having said a word to any of his companions, Hybros sips his flask quietly, thinking of his past. He didn't actually know much, other than the fact that he came from a land far away, where the sun didn't shine and the plants didn't grow. He remembered that his first years of life were spent in darkness, and couldn't remember when or why he ended up on the surface world. He's been living off of what he can steal and scavenge ever since. He doesn't know his own age, though he estimates that it's been around 50 years since his arrival on the surface world.

6043175769_38691d2a31_z.jpg

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg

Hybros, Level 1 Rogue

50 years old male imp

Power: 4 Health: 7/7 Gold: 10

Inventory: Reaper Scythe (WP:3), Potion, Venom

Bacari walks back in the bar and says. "I'm back."

He takes his seat he left, next to the other ranger elf.

Not wishing to steal a slot from another hero, Althior Emorith Does not wish to participate in Quest #2 so he scribbles out his name.

Edited by K-nut