whung

10155 Maersk Line Container Ship

I have unexpectedly found an image of box photo with set number 10155,

which is the same as 10152 Maersk Line (2006 version).

But I haven't heard about 10155 before.

The background of the box photo is different from 10152, is this set to be re-released?

Feel free to discuss.

10155-box.jpg

Edited by whung

I wasn't expecting this. I think it would be good if this set is being re-released.

I failed to get it the first time so it will be a good chance.

I would be so happy if it was going to be re released,

as bricks in this particular color is harder to get by the day,

Bit of a torture really, especially looking at money some

people dare to ask for it!... :hmpf_bad:

Yes, I've heard that this re-release is happening.

Good find as always, whung!

Yay, the comeback of Maersk Blue! :cry_happy:

The stickers are different from the previous version, it's Maersk Line and no longer Maersk Sealand.

Looks good I hope this is real!

Though I probably wouldn't get it even if it is.

2010 is a very expensive LEGO year for me!

Wasn´t that blue tone a special color exclusively to this set?

Yes. Maersk blue was produced especially for Maersk promo products. Since these days LEGO mixes its own colours, I imagine it isn't too hard for them to whip up a batch especially for a one-off run of an Exclusive set.

Although the very thing that makes this easy - mixing the colour with the ABS rather than using pre-mixed pellets - will also probably ensure we end up with slightly varying shades of Maersk blue for each type of brick :grin:

Yes, this is true!

Last april I was at Billund on my LUG's roadtrip and we visited the Vault! I saw it with my eyes, left in the 2010 shelves..... :)

I am so glad this is real and seeing this image simply excites me much. I am definitely looking forward to buy this one of a kind exclusive rare set once more, before it disappears once again, especially those rare colour bricks. :wub:

Thanks whung. :thumbup:

I can confirm absolutely that set 10155 has been out for some time - I got one about six months back from a family relation that works in Maersk, and I still have the box sitting in my study. It's incredibly difficult even for Maersk people to get a hold of it evidently (according to the scandinavian contact that it came from).

The sticker set does not feature the Maersk Sealand logo, only "Maersk Line" in large text for the hull side. The boxes on deck are simple "Maersk" writing and logo.

There are not enough stickers however (at least in the set I got) to cover both sides of each box - enough for all the white boxes, but several sets short for the greys. Of course, if you put all the stickers on anyway, the boxes are too tight a squeeze to really fit well, so interior facing boxes I recommend you leave off stickers altogether to maintain the straight lines of the box stacks.

Very nice. Are we sure that this will feature Maersk blue and not Baby Blue blocks?

I just fell off my chair, I think I broke my arm, Lego first, my arm like 8th. I missed it the two times. I have to buy this.

Edited by wmanidi

is it just the ship or the truck as well?

not sure if i will buy this set just because it has unique color bricks. i hope they re-releases older sets like this. i am guessing this may be profitable for them due to no (or minimal) development cost. :thumbup:

This may well be similar to the Vestas windmill in that it was produced specifically for Maresk with no plans to sell to the public. (although the last Maresk ship was sold to the public so I could be wrong)

Yay!!! I remember seeing this set a long time ago and wanting it for all that tasty light blue :wub: But I never got a chance to get it :cry_sad: Now I CAN get it without expensive BL. :thumbup:

I don't like how this is basically a complete rerelease of an old set design, but still, it's is a very cool set. Tons and tons of Maersk blue (:wub:), and a nice ship to boot. :thumbup: I'd love to get this, but there's way too many other sets for 2010! :cry_sad:

Hopefully this will drive down the inordinate prices on BrickLink!

Is this coming out in the US? Anyone know what the price point will be?

Wow!

Its great to see lego re-releasing this beauty. It's so great to see the colour back so the prices of it will go down on BL so maybe I can actually buy some without having to give them my leg arm. I just really hope that if this sells well they will think about a few more re-realeases :thumbup::cry_happy:

Duke! Duke! Duke! :grin: