Sign in to follow this  
J4ke

Jah-Kuh-Eh Watchtower

6385493947_48df224aca_z.jpg

Built for the EB castlely community thingy. Fairly happy with it, but I can't pretend it was easy. But what kind of fool builds a castle around an octagonal SNOT core anyway...

The baseplate was a final touch, and by some twisted magic, the tower is at some really weird offset on the basplate. Like a quarter-stud to the left and back... I have no idea how it happened.

Finally, thanks to everyone for commenting and helping me finish what started off as a champagne bottle with a face. It's come a long way, so thanks for your suggestions and tips, even if I didn't use them all.

More pics in the photoset.

Like nothing i've ever seen, that's why I love it so much! The roughness is so appealing and fitting!

Excellent work.

This creation personifies what we hoped to achieve with the Guilds, help people build bigger and better creations. Love the shaping :thumbup:

I really like the studs on the outside look, it allows you to give the tower some more variety in the stonework. Do you happen to have any flags? I think it would look better than the triangular pieces, but other than that, great job it's quite a unique build. :thumbup:

Great Build!

I'm really glad you kept at it. and I TOLD YOU you could build a tower around a snot core ;)

Turned out great - and really unique.

The transitions from each 'section' really are smooth and work well together.

So... anyone else kinda think it looks now looks like a beer bottle ? :laugh::head_back::rofl:

[...] what started off as a champagne bottle with a face.

So... anyone else kinda think it looks now looks like a beer bottle ? :laugh::head_back::rofl:

I like beer better than champagne :classic:.

J4ke, your tower turned out very nice. For me it has a very typical cartoon look you would find in computer games for example. The curves and roundness make your tower special, I like this. Kaliphlin is a special guild full of wonders.

Does it transform into a space rocket?

Yakob the Red - Knight of Kaliphlin: protect our lands!

Thanks all! Glad you all liked my touch of originality.

And yes, it is both beer bottle and Spaceship. Before I disassemble it, I will take a picture of myself swooshing it.

That tower is a real beauty! Fun to se some other techniques being used! Great work!

This guild thing have really been fun! So many more mocs these days!! :classic:

This is a really great moc! Has a very different look to it which gives it its charm. Great techniques with the way the walls are built. Nice one :thumbup:

As others have said, nice shape to this tower.

I'm going to get my dwarven allies to tunnel under it, plant some Blackpowder and launch it into orbit!!

Dr Rod