Sign in to follow this  
The Who

Fabuland Figures

Finally, after drooling over several Fabuland minifigs I have wanted for some time, I just got my very first Fabuland 'minifig.' I have seen a bunch of Hinckley's MOCs, which are all very good, and it looks like some of the body parts are mixed about.

I have now been wondering, though, can you take them apart? If so, how?

Probably dumb questions, but nevertheless, I ask them anyway. Since I only have one Fabuland fig so far, I don't want to end up breaking it by trying to take it apart.

Yes, you can take off the heads and arms. I suggest replacing the arms with normal minifig arms, they are more flexible.

The arms can be taken off just like normal MF arms. The head has a ball joint that can be taken off (not always simple, but doable), and the joint is connected to the head by a pin-like end: this pin is equivalent in size and works the same way, so you can put a Fabuland head (once you took the ball joint off) on a normal MF or a normal MF head on the Fabuland ball joint. Moreover, the Fabuland head, with its ball joint in place, can be exchanged with the Technic figures heads.

As for the legs, it should be possible to take them off by pulling the axle through the hips, but it often is very hard to remove and you could scratch or damage the MF in the process.

LuxorV

I don't know. But how do you take bellvile figures apart?

Don't know.

I suggest replacing the arms with normal minifig arms, they are more flexible.

Sounds good.

The arms can be taken off just like normal MF arms. The head has a ball joint that can be taken off (not always simple, but doable), and the joint is connected to the head by a pin-like end...

As for the legs, it should be possible to take them off by pulling the axle through the hips, but it often is very hard to remove and you could scratch or damage the MF in the process.

Head---Is there some (easy?) way to remove the ball joint, if it is seperate from the body, but still in the head?

Legs----The different coloring of the axle pins compared to torsos caught my eye, but I just hope I can get that done without messing up the torsos.

For leg removal, see Hinckley's Guide to Tightening Loose Joints.

There's a lot you can do with Fabuland figures. Just be nice to him or else. :tongue:

Thanks.

As far as being nice, I guess giving him a Brickforge microphone and making him sing the Beatles's

would be kind of mean, huh? :grin:

Head---Is there some (easy?) way to remove the ball joint, if it is seperate from the body, but still in the head?

Good question! :laugh:

I never tried it too much. I have one head (a panda, if I remember well) which comes off easily. The others don't. Don't wanting to damage them, I never pulled too hard :blush:

LuxorV

Good question! :laugh:

I never tried it too much. I have one head (a panda, if I remember well) which comes off easily. The others don't. Don't wanting to damage them, I never pulled too hard :blush:

Just wondering, because my only fig, the aforementioned Walrus, has a rather stiff neck joint, which is still in his head, which right now is on the opposite side of my house compared to the rest of the fig.

The neck joints with a slot in them stay in the head when it is removed. They can be taken off, but it's very difficult. I use a pair of needle-nose pliers to prise the neck out, but it causes noticable scratches to the bottom of the head and upperside of the ball.

The neck joints without a slot in them stay in the body when the head is pulled off (these are older, I think). For these, remove the legs and use a pointy thing (I use a thin bolt) to push up through the hole in the bottom of the torso, underneath the neck socket. There's no noticable damage, if you take care.

The neck joints with a slot in them stay in the head when it is removed. They can be taken off, but it's very difficult. I use a pair of needle-nose pliers to prise the neck out, but it causes noticable scratches to the bottom of the head and upperside of the ball.

The neck joints without a slot in them stay in the body when the head is pulled off (these are older, I think). For these, remove the legs and use a pointy thing (I use a thin bolt) to push up through the hole in the bottom of the torso, underneath the neck socket. There's no noticable damage, if you take care.

Thanks, I think that basically answers all of my questions for now. :classic: