Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Wow. I never thought the plane would be that beautiful, and with a new fleshie torso, instead of Patrick, I am one happy man.

CT

PS: My wallet ran away. He couldn't take it anymore.

Edited by Cyclone Titan

Thanks for the new pics. My opinions are pretty much the same as before, but it's great to see the new details! I like these sets, but the Chase is by far my favorite. It's a superb set for town and Indy fans. I was disapointed to notice that the gansters now have revolvers instead of the Batmans style guns, but the coolness of the the new figs and their great suited torsos outweighs this.

TLG seems to be unsure what kind of weapons they want to include in the Indy line. I hope they settle on the Batman style (and newer indy pistol variant), but I think they may well go back to the traditional even-less-realistic revolver and rifle designs.

Also, as a general observation, I am glad to see that TLG is continuing the habit of being generous with minifigs in the Indy line.

I need to say that this new pics really change my opinion on these sets :classic: . The Shangai Chase is cool looking and the minifigs on it are just superb so is a very good set. Now, the Flying Wing in another hand changed its look and now it looks cool but not totally awesome. The plane is build of so many <insert that tiresome argument> pieces thatr basically build the whole shape of the plane with just 10 pieces??? Come on TLC I know you can do better than this :sceptic: . The colors look great and the minifigs are well just OK in my opinion.

Wow these are fantastic! I can't wait those cars will be perfect for the city and that plane looks great! :cry_happy:

Why would you woodland camouflage a plane in the Desert?

And how would you be able to see through the Leaf in the screen?

The rest is brilliant! :laugh:

2009 is looking gooood!

Thanks for the new pics. My opinions are pretty much the same as before, but it's great to see the new details! I like these sets, but the Chase is by far my favorite. It's a superb set for town and Indy fans. I was disapointed to notice that the gansters now have revolvers instead of the Batmans style guns, but the coolness of the the new figs and their great suited torsos outweighs this.

TLG seems to be unsure what kind of weapons they want to include in the Indy line. I hope they settle on the Batman style (and newer indy pistol variant), but I think they may well go back to the traditional even-less-realistic revolver and rifle designs.

Also, as a general observation, I am glad to see that TLG is continuing the habit of being generous with minifigs in the Indy line.

Well, TLC wasn't going to put Batarangs in a Indy set and are to greedy to make a new mould.

Love the Shanghai Chase set. The five figs are all great, and the two cars are wonderful. Love the new faces for the gangsters, and really the set benefits from being so simple. The Flying Wing on the other hand... honestly, I don't think I'm all that fussed. I don't know, there's just something about it that just puts me off, but I don't know what. The German mechanic looks great though, neat torso.

I'm not at all impressed by the chase set, but that airplane looks GREAT.

Are you trying to make people hate you?

Gangster + Gold tooth = Gangster Gold Tooth.

I believe the correct term is Gold Toothed Gangster :tongue:

Anyways, Im not to exited about the Flying Wing and probably wont pick it up (not because I dont like it very much, but cause im too poor for it :sad: ). But I probably willbuy the Shanghai Chase set. as long as its under $30.

i love the green accents on the flying wing. I'll definatley pick one of those up. The chase probaly not.

P.S. did I already post somthing like this. :blush:

That airplane has more interesting parts than the chase scene, which to me looks like two LEGO Racers and some uninteresting minifigs. Don't see why people like it so much.

Skipper24, thanks for finding such clear pictures.

I am indeed happy with Indy 09, and defintely aiming to complete all at least. The only disappointment for me, will be the color of its Flying Wing. I thought it should be grey in color instead of green. Nevertheless, it's still a great addition into any Indiana Jones' collectors. In fact, both sets are classic icons from the movies itself. :thumbup:

I agree that the color choice is very strange... :sceptic:

One must wonder what TLC's reason for doing this was. The dark green is certainly more exciting than dark grey though, albeit inaccurate.

Hey, the German mechanic has the same head as...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I like that, new mustache colour.

Really? That looks like the same moustache colour to me. It looks like the same head as J. Jonah Jameson's.

... Or am I missing something?

And whos J. Jonah Jameson?

He's the Spiderman character who originally had the moustached face:

spd017.jpg

I suppose that could be brown, but if it is, I'm not sure why they didn't go for a new face altogether...

WHY did they give him a fedora in the chase set?! :angry: He didn't even have it in that scene!But the Flying wing looks good(J. Jonah Jameson head! :tongue: ).And the torso for the Boxer looks like it might come in handy for people that want to make wrestling MOCs and Figs.But why did they make the FW Green?

I would like that moustache in black as well...

Anyway, the chase set is great for parts I need. Figures (black fedoras) are great.

Flying wing: a must buy since this IS a WWII German aircraft. German torso looks great for DBZ MOCs etc. I searched a picture of this plane in the movie and it had green stripes like this one, but less noticable...

TT

WHY did they give him a fedora in the chase set?! :angry: He didn't even have it in that scene!

You can always give him a brown hairpiece...No biggie :wink: , I dont mind another Indy hat either. :laugh: [i only have 3... :grin: ]

Hmm I realy like that Car in the Shanghai Chase set :wub::cry_happy: Its so well made! Excellant job TLC!

This will be the only reason im geting it though, And the mini-figs are cool :thumbup::cry_happy:

Did I mention I REALY like the tan car? :wub::laugh:

HB Stalker AWAY! :devil:

Love the Shanghai Chase set. The five figs are all great, and the two cars are wonderful. Love the new faces for the gangsters, and really the set benefits from being so simple. The Flying Wing on the other hand... honestly, I don't think I'm all that fussed. I don't know, there's just something about it that just puts me off, but I don't know what. The German mechanic looks great though, neat torso.

Plus how easy will it be to convert the Tan car to Bruce Wayne's and the gangster one to a, well, gangster one? :cry_happy:

I don't see anything wrong with the plane set, but if you have any sense you'll buy one for that torso, for a training Bruce or anyone else.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! :cry_happy::cry_happy: Finally TLC gives us a bare torso! I'm getting the set just for the minifig :cry_happy: ! I wanted to use Bane's torso but it had pumps and what not...

And I'm lovin' that Shanghai Chase! The only thing I dislike, is that they took out the machine gun and modern pistol :cry_sad::cry_sad: I really need a couple, and this set wouldve been the only small set with one of them. :cry_sad:

Plus how easy will it be to convert the Tan car to Bruce Wayne's and the gangster one to a, well, gangster one? :cry_happy:

I don't see anything wrong with the plane set, but if you have any sense you'll buy one for that torso, for a training Bruce or anyone else.

Wow, A Indy Set with Batman comments!, And wait wow a bigger suprise its by Batbrick! :tongue: Only Batbrick could think of useing the Tan car to convert it into Bruce Wayne's.... :tongue::grin:

Just kidding.............? :wink: [Hey we need a Lego batman smilie! :oh3: ]

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! :cry_happy::cry_happy: Finally TLC gives us a bare torso! I'm getting the set just for the minifig :cry_happy: ! I wanted to use Bane's torso but it had pumps and what not...

And I'm lovin' that Shanghai Chase! The only thing I dislike, is that they took out the machine gun and modern pistol :cry_sad::cry_sad: I really need a couple, and this set wouldve been the only small set with one of them. :cry_sad:

Well Atfirst I thought I will get the flying wing and not the shanghai chase...That was prototype pics, Now I see the finished pics and im thinking Im not gona get the flying wing, Im gona get the Shanghai chase! :wub::grin:

Also Scyzoryk Im just gona use BrickArms for mine :devil: [brickArms has a M1917 Prototype, The same pistol used by Indy! Once they release it I will have to buy some :devil: ]

HB's Mind has turned to mush! [dont sue me BB :grin: ] :devil:

Wow, A Indy Set with Batman comments!, And wait wow a bigger suprise its by Batbrick! :tongue: Only Batbrick could think of useing the Tan car to convert it into Bruce Wayne's.... :tongue::grin:

Just kidding.............? :wink: [Hey we need a Lego batman smilie! :oh3: ]

:laugh: , I guess I'm a tad predictable that way huh? :laugh:

Seriously though, the Indy sets are some of the best sets ever for parts packs and integration into other themes, no way hossay am I going to keep tohse gangsters out of my Batworld!

Can't wait to see the reviews for these when they come out, especially the Flying Wing, I'm hoping for some nice little details there.

Also Scyzoryk Im just gona use BrickArms for mine :devil: [brickArms has a M1917 Prototype, The same pistol used by Indy! Once they release it I will have to buy some :devil: ]

Sorry, but I'm a super-purist. I can't stand using anything that isn't made by Lego (the company). :sceptic:

Edited by Scyzoryk