Sign in to follow this  
tharris147

MOC: Chick Fil A

I saw the first stages of tehLegoMan's Chick fil a and it being my favorite restaurant i decided to build my own.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tharris147/Chick-Fil-A/dscn2484.jpg

The reason for the hole in the far side of the building is that that side connects to another building.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tharris147/Chick-Fil-A/dscn2485.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tharris147/Chick-Fil-A/dscn2487.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tharris147/Chick-Fil-A/dscn2489.jpg

Comments and Suggestions are welcomed.

Good MOC tharris147! It is realistic and detailed. :thumbup:

Well done. :classic:

~buddy~

My favorite restaurant! But seriously this looks great! Can't wait to see what you do for the words. :thumbup:

Would you like some help with embedding the photos?

I really like the exterior, old school KFC inspired eh ? :wink:

Now my suggestions, same coloured seats (if possible), fill in those two big gaps with a 1x2x5 tan piece brick pieces....it will make those trans-smoke panels into window features.

Also try and stick to either clear or smoke window pieces, unless the trans-smoke side gets alot of the sun - i.e. window tinting.

Trim away a stud or two from the food prep bench away from the employees entrance...some OHS issues there ! :grin:

In all a very nice modular build, almost perfect (any signage going on it ?). :classic:

Brick On 'tharris147' ! :sweet:

Excellent! I like the small detailing on the exterior like the checkered pattern above the door/windows. It's a small detail that a lot of people would forget to include :thumbup:

The interior is very nice too.

BTW, lightningtiger, this isn't a KFC inspired restaurant. It's a Chick-Fil-A restaurant :grin:

Edited by prateek

Now my suggestions, same coloured seats (if possible), fill in those two big gaps with a 1x2x5 tan piece brick pieces....it will make those trans-smoke panels into window features.

Also try and stick to either clear or smoke window pieces, unless the trans-smoke side gets alot of the sun - i.e. window tinting.

Trim away a stud or two from the food prep bench away from the employees entrance...some OHS issues there ! :grin:

In all a very nice modular build, almost perfect (any signage going on it ?). :classic:

Brick On 'tharris147' ! :sweet:

Thanks alot...all of the things you mentioned about the windows is problems due to my lack of pieces. I am very limited in window and tan pieces which you must use to build a Chick-Fil-A. I ran out of tan bricks and trans-smoke windows. I will move the prep bench away but i am having some issues with the signage.

Thanks alot...all of the things you mentioned about the windows is problems due to my lack of pieces. I am very limited in window and tan pieces which you must use to build a Chick-Fil-A. I ran out of tan bricks and trans-smoke windows. I will move the prep bench away but i am having some issues with the signage.

Just use Brickilink.com to order any bricks not present to build your MOC.

Great MOC though. Can't wait to see it finished! :classic:

I love it! Such a great venue. I eat there weekly, infact, i tried one of their new spicy chicken biscuits this morning for free!!

This reminds me I need to finish my version.

Good work! :classic:

That's a great restaurant MOC tharris147! I'm not familiar with Chick-Fil-A, but after a quick google search, I must say the colors that you used are quite accurate to the real one. The design fits perfectly a restaurant, with nice and interesting details inside. But I just noticed the plates at the edges of the roof is a bit distracting as it looks unfinished, I think it would be better if you tile them. But aside from that, this is a very well done creation overall, good job! :thumbup: