Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Kirk

Walk the plank, you scabby dog (FINAL)

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 41c

EDIT POST & FINAL !!!

Personal:

I just building for a year and this is my first contest every and it has been pretty intense. I had a lot of fun with building and watchin' other members their mocs. For that joy,... thx Classic Pirates & members !!! I hope you all had as much fun as I did. To all,... good luck mates and cu around !!!

Story:

Captain Jim Pitts and his henchmen have conquered and pillaged a medium-sized village somewhere in the Caribbean! To show they do not appreciate empty city-treasures (and a bit for fun off course

Edited by SlyOwl

ahah that's a nice entry ^^ I like the idea and no, you shouldn't fill the barrel^^

Did you think to add blood near the dead guard on the floor ? he has been cut in two but there's no blood around him

Surtainly a nice entry!

I really like the building itself. It's beautiful. The colourscheme is good, and the decorations are wellmade.

The plants are nice.. the high palm makes a good effect.

Possible Improvements

The curel pirates have cut a soldier in two - where's all the blood? The body should be floating in blood.

You've made one lamp, and it looks good, but why haven't you made one more to the other side of the gate?

Your minifigs are very standard. I think you should try to make some custom made ones.

Make a background to your MOC. Even if it's just plain white it would eb better than the background right now. Too much attention is drawn too your computer and so on.

You got a picture maximum of 6, but you've only ginev us 2. We won't more! :pir-wink: If you don't think you wanna take pictures from mroe angels, you could take a picture of the people on the MOC as a presentation of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You MOC sure looks good. make some improvements and it will be fantastic.

Good luck with the contest

Edited by oDDerFisken

Lovely looking WIP Capt. Kirk! :pir-classic:

I really like the yellow and white together, they give a very nice warm look. The balcony is stunning with the details and nicely tiled railing and the plants climbing up the wall give a great color contrast. Your idea behind the entry also is creative, which is a big plus.

To answer your yes or no questions:

My 'I'm not so sure what to do with it' points:

If I gone fill the barrel... ??? ... but at this moment I don't think so... it has to be cruel...

I think it would be a good idea to fill it with some clear plates to simulate water, but leaving it empty would also be fine. It's your call.

If I gone use more minifiguers... ??? really don't know.

One more pirate on the left of the barrel would look good I think.

If I gone add a soldier-guardhouse... ??? probably I would.

Frankly I'm not sure where you would find space for a soldier guardhouse, but if you did, it would be a welcome addition.

If I gone hang a soldier under the balcony or the arch of the gate... ??? yes/no

I think that doing that isn't necessary and might crowd the entry a bit too much.

If I gone add some animals... yes... but what will it be... a monkey or a bird (not a bat) ???

That would be a great decision. A parrot would look good perched on the tree, and perhaps a monky next to the barrel with a sword in his hand to match your storyline. :pir_laugh2:

If I gone use blood... yes... but I don't want to over do it. I still want to leave a part to the fantasy (cause and effect).

The only spot where I would put blood would be by the dead soldier near the front door.

=============================================================

One thing that also would be good would be to add a lantern on the right side of the door to match the one on the left if possible.

I must say that so far I'm loving the way your entry is looking, and I greatly anticipate seeing some more pictures when it's done.

Nice work so far! :pir-classic:

My opinion:

A very good and strong entry Captain Kirk, and I've read it's still a WIP so we can expect even more of the finished product. GO Belgium, GO!

Possible improvements:

1) Make it even more cruel, by adding some blood near the soldier on the ground.

2) I don't see how you could add a guardhouse without making it look to crowded...but if you can, :thumbup: from me!

3) I would try to use faces that look even crueler. The ones you've used are quite standard. But then again, it is a matter of opinion...

4) Some more details like a bird AND a monkey would look nice. Also maybe some plumes could come in useful?

5) I wouldn't add more minifigs either, you used enough to see action, and not too much to make ik look crowded.

Non-brick related advise:

1) Add more pics of your final version.

2) Use a white background when you take those, or even better: use Photoshop or another program to digitize the background.

Surtainly a nice entry! I really like the building itself. It's beautiful. The colourscheme is good, and the decorations are wellmade. The plants are nice.. the high palm makes a good effect.

--> Thanks for the positive vibes... :pir-wink:

Possible Improvements

The curel pirates have cut a soldier in two - where's all the blood? The body should be floating in blood.

--> There will be blood... but waiting on order on Bricklink... no transparent red bricks at the moment.

You've made one lamp, and it looks good, but why haven't you made one more to the other side of the gate?

--> It hangs on the wrong side at this moment... a guardhouse will come at the place where now hangs the lamp.

Your minifigs are very standard. I think you should try to make some custom made ones.

--> No other torso's at this moment for it... and never tried to made them my self... sorry will be for another time.

Make a background to your MOC. Even if it's just plain white it would eb better than the background right now. Too much attention is drawn too your computer and so on.

--> That was the plan but because this is a WIP,... not important now

You got a picture maximum of 6, but you've only ginev us 2. We won't more! :pir-wink: If you don't think you wanna take pictures from mroe angels, you could take a picture of the people on the MOC as a presentation of them.

--> That was the plan but because this is a WIP,... not important now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You MOC sure looks good. make some improvements and it will be fantastic.

Good luck with the contest

--> THANKS and will do some improvements today... :pir-wink:

My opinion:

A very good and strong entry Captain Kirk, and I've read it's still a WIP so we can expect even more of the finished product. GO Belgium, GO!

--> I do my best... :pir-laugh:

Possible improvements:

1) Make it even more cruel, by adding some blood near the soldier on the ground.

--> Will do this... but no transparent red tiles/bricks at the moment... waiting for an order.

2) I don't see how you could add a guardhouse without making it look to crowded...but if you can, :thumbup: from me!

--> by guardhouse I mean this...

change-of-guard.jpg

3) I would try to use faces that look even crueler. The ones you've used are quite standard. But then again, it is a matter of opinion...

--> This I will do... received today my minifigure faces via Bricklink... some of them because I need more for my large moc in the contest.

4) Some more details like a bird AND a monkey would look nice. Also maybe some plumes could come in useful?

--> Didn't order plumes... too expensive for what it is (talking about plumes for tricorners).

5) I wouldn't add more minifigs either, you used enough to see action, and not too much to make ik look crowded.

--> I agree with that... :pir-wink:

[

b]Non-brick related advise:[/b]

1) Add more pics of your final version.

--> I will do this... 6 is the maximum hé ?

2) Use a white background when you take those, or even better: use Photoshop or another program to digitize the background.

--> It's not allowed to do... I think ?!?

@ oDDerFisken, Erdbeereis1, Zorro 3999 and possible others... thanks for the comments so far... :pir-wink:

Edited by Capt. Kirk

6 is the maximum and digital backgrounds are allowed, as long as they don't mess with the entry itself (eg. adding smoke to a cannon).

This is a really great entry. The only thing I can say (even though you and others have already said it) is to just change the figs' faces, and a dd a bit o' blood to the dead bluecoat. Well done and good luck :thumbup:

I really like it! The broken wall technique is great. Although, try using more blood with the cut in half soldier on the floor. Also, try having a pirate chasing another soldier down under the walkway. Other than that, It's great!

Opinion

Capt. Kirk, I really like the pirate MOC that you have created here. The front doorway you have made is really nice. The balcony with the pirates forcing the officer to jump off into the barrel of water is very creative. I like how you have the pirate on the ground waiting for the officer to jump to his death. The colors that you used to make your MOC mostly consist of the old Imperial fort colors. They are yellow and white. It looks like an Imperial guard had already jumped and missed the barrel of water.

Possible Improvements

1) The Imperial guard lying dead on the ground, add some blood around him since his legs are separated.

2) Change the minifig face expressions on your minifigs because they are too standard. For example, give the Imperial officer a frightened or screaming face.

3) On the ground, I see you have not completely covered it with tiles. I would advise that you finish that up.

4) Have a monkey or rainbow parrot in the tree.

5) You could have an Imperial guard and a pirate fighting on the ground.

Put some blue bricks in the barrel to make it look like there is water in it.

Non-Brick Related

1) Your background does not look the best. I would re-take all of your pictures with a white background.

Overall- This MOC of yours is a great idea. I like that you have the pirates making the officer walk the plank and jump into a barrel of water. I also like how you substituted a barrel of water instead of having the ocean. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Hi all,

First...

I don't know how you work here because all of this is new for me...

So if this is not by the rules what I did and added too much pictures... sorry Classic-Pirates.

Second...

I have tried to do some improvements (I hope so)...

But how you it, do you post it in your first post or in another one ???

Third...

Just tell me how I must do this... so that I don't do it again in the future... thx in advance.

My "improvements"

1- I added some tiles to give structure to the walls.

2- Changed the green (wall & ground plantes).

3- I added a guardhouse (don't know if this is the correct translation?)

4- I added some blood... :pir-laugh:

5- Changed the plank

6 - I added some tiles to the ground to create a little road with border

7 - Changed some of the minifigures faces and added a cape to one of the pirates

What I gone try

1- See if a hung soldier is appropriate or too over-populated

2- Add 2 parrots

Preview

improvement001.jpg

improvement008.jpg

By the way... on the back of this picture you see a foretaste of my large model... :pir-wink:

improvement004.jpg

Grtz & CC is welcome,

kurt

I like that you added some plants, a guard house and some blood. But I would still put some more tiles on the ground and put some blue bricks in the barrel to give it a better effect.

One thing, when you update your MOC, you dont have to write that much. All you need to do is post the knew pictures with what you did and thats it.

That looks much better already! :pir-classic:

The added blood next to the soldier adds a lot more cruelty. I like the updated minifig faces, but I think it would be good to make them all a bit meaner-looking like the pirate on the left of the balcony.

Your guardhouse is great and fills up that spot nicely without crowding the entry.

To put in your new pictures, just edit your first post and replace the old pictures with the new ones. The edit button is in the lower right corner of your post.

I look forward to seeing some more of your improvements!

Very impressive work Kurt. By some luck I stumbled upon your BS gallery and saw some more WIP pics which looked also very good. I think you'll finished very high.

I never realized that you are from Belgium until someone told me today (even though it's under your avatar) . Good luck with the contest :pir-classic:

Oooh...yes, this is much better already! You actually managed to add that beautiful guardhouse without making it look too crowded, good job :thumbup: !

The blood of the dead soldier on the ground is amongst the best blood I saw on all of the PTV entries (and beyond).

Other possible improvements:

1) When adding your finalised version, do something about the backgrounds, a white one will do, a digitalised (which IS allowed if you follow the rules) would be even better!

2) Do you have a brown ladder? Metal ladders in that time look a bit weird I think, although I am not sure they existed in metal then or not.

3) DO NOT FORGET to edit your first post and especcialy the first picture, since it is that one that will be judged!

I found your large entry on BS as well, after hearing from Bonaparte you had one, and I must say I am really impressed! Go Belgium, Go!

Oooh...yes, this is much better already! You actually managed to add that beautiful guardhouse without making it look too crowded, good job :thumbup: ! The blood of the dead soldier on the ground is amongst the best blood I saw on all of the PTV entries (and beyond).

--> Thx for the nice words... respect !!! And I do my best because some members such as Lord King of Everything, SirNadroj and many others have show a high standard. All my respect for them... chapeau !!!

Other possible improvements:

1) When adding your finalised version, do something about the backgrounds, a white one will do, a digitalised (which IS allowed if you follow the rules) would be even better!

--> I will take the final photo's with a "snow white" background... don't worry. :pir-wink:

Didn't have the time to do it because I working on my large entry... still some work to do.

2) Do you have a brown ladder? Metal ladders in that time look a bit weird I think, although I am not sure they existed in metal then or not.

--> It existe in that time, but they where not common... if they used it, then it was mainly in castles (sea-castle/fort) or docks... most of the time attached to the wall.

3) DO NOT FORGET to edit your first post and especcialy the first picture, since it is that one that will be judged!

--> I keep it in mind... :pir-wink:

I found your large entry on BS as well, after hearing from Bonaparte you had one, and I must say I am really impressed! Go Belgium, Go!

--> I didn't post it on the forum because I have no tittle... yet :cannon:

Once again, thx for the kind words... I hope other members will like it to... cross the fingers... :pir-laugh:

Grtz,

Kurt

Edited by Capt. Kirk

It looks a lot better, Kirk! However, I suggest that you put some white paper down for a nice, clean backdrop, because your pics have distractions in the background, like an ashtray or the bag with the minifig heads. :pir-wink:

He said he will use white paper once it's finished as far as I can remember.

Ah yes, here it is. :pir-classic:

--> I will take the final photo's with a "snow white" background... don't worry.

Didn't have the time to do it because I working on my large entry... still some work to do.

Looking great Capt. Kirk! :pir-classic:

Prettey good but need more dead soldiers and pirates. And why is he jumping into a bucket? Prettey good structure and good blood. ill give the entrey a 4 out of 5.

Prettey good but need more dead soldiers and pirates. And why is he jumping into a bucket? Prettey good structure and good blood. ill give the entrey a 4 out of 5.

Beautiful finished product Capt. Kirk!

Nice work on the pictures, they look great. The only thing I would recommend doing now would be to use the second picture as your first, because that's the one that will be judged, and I think the second picture shows the entry the best.

Fantastic work, and good luck! :kahuka:

Beautiful finished product Capt. Kirk!

Nice work on the pictures, they look great. The only thing I would recommend doing now would be to use the second picture as your first, because that's the one that will be judged, and I think the second picture shows the entry the best.

Fantastic work, and good luck! :kahuka:

Thx for the tip and done... :pir-wink: