Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Decamon Tournament

~Note: This event is open to all players of Heroica RPG, no matter if you are on a quest currently or not. Please post in-character to this topic. If you have questions, please ask them at the General Discussion topic.~

heroicadt.jpg

All you had to do was answer "yes" to the strange letter that popped into your hands, asking whether or not you wanted to participate in a grand tournament of Decamon, the hit card game that was suddenly being played around all the nations surrounding the Crystalline Sea. Now you were here in a strange crowd, in a blink of an eye. You look around, and see some familiar faces among the gathering. You have been teleported into a castle where almost everything you see is green. Even the man sitting on the balcony above you is wearing green clothes and a green crown.

heroicadt-emeraldpalace.jpg

The man then speaks.

heroicadt-emeraldo.jpg

"Welcome to the Emerald Palace, where the first-ever Decamon Tournament is about to take place. As some of you may know, I am Roland Emeraldo, and I will be your gamehost this evening. Well, technically we are currently outside the normal timeline, so we can play for as long as we like, and when the event ends, you will be transported back to the very same moment you left from. This is thanks to my good friend, Elphaba the Witch. Give her a round of applause, everyone!"

You turn your head and see the green-faced witch standing on another balcony.

heroicadt-elphaba.jpg

"Oh, Roland, don't try to sweet-talk me into making this a friend's favor. We settled for a price, and you're going to pay or I will just leave you in this timeloop for the rest of your life."

heroicadt-emeraldo.jpg

"Ahem, right... Well, thank you anyway, Elphaba. Now, you might find yourself asking exactly what will happen tonight. Before we begin the games, you should familiarize yourself with the rules of Decamon. You also need a hand of cards to play with, which you can conveniently buy from the Receptionist, who will also write down your name to confirm your participation to the Tournament."

The dummy in the corner springs to life and waves.

heroicadt-reception.jpg

heroicadt-receptionist.jpg

"At. Your. Service."

heroicadt-emeraldo.jpg

"After the event is over - and no sooner, mind you - you can also ask the Receptionist to exchange cards for prizes. This tournament isn't just for fun, you see, for the better cards you win and collect, the better prizes you will earn by the end of it. And if you manage to beat everyone in your Cup, I will personally train you into the profession of a Decamon Drafter.

Yes, the Tournament itself will be played in Cups, the number of which depends on how many of you are. You will be pitted against another contestant, and the winner will move on while the loser is dropped out. This process will be repeated until there is only one player left in a Cup, and that person will win the main prize. Those victors will then be pitted against one of the formidable Decamon Champions at the Championship Cup. Chances are none of you will be able to beat every existing champion, but that's the whole thrill of it, isn't it?

Now, go get yourselves prepared, everyone! I will announce once everything is ready for the Tournament to start. Enjoy yourselves!"

You watch as everyone flocks to the Receptionist, before you realize you should get in line as well. You are not entirely sure what you have gotten yourself into, but you know it will be worth a shot, nevertheless.

RECEPTION:

decamonrules.jpg

BUY A HAND OF CARDS (Available only before the event!)

You can only buy one hand of cards, so choose wisely what you will buy:

Beginner's Hand (5 gold): a set of five Level 1 cards of random types.

Elemental Hand (25 gold): a set of five cards of the same, self-selected type (besides Ethereal), one of each Level from 1 to 5.

Straight Hand (50 gold): a set of five cards of random types, one of each Level from 1 to 5.

Gambler's Hand (75 gold): a set of five cards of random types with Level randomly ranging from 1 to 8.

Expert's Hand (100 gold): a set of five Level 5 cards of random types.

Magician's Hand (150 gold): a set of five cards of the same, self-selected type (besides Ethereal), one of each Level from 4 to 8.

Shark's Hand (200 gold): a set of five cards of random types, one of each Level from 4 to 8.

Master's Hand (500 gold); a set of five Level 8 cards of random types.

PRIZES (Available only after the event!)

The following prizes can be exchanged for a non-Ethereal card of the corresponding number, with some variation depending on the type:

1. Potion

2. Grand Potion

3. Remedy

4. Elixir

5. Health Core

6. Phoenix Essence

7. Aeolus/Agni/Baldur/Demeter/Gaia/Neptune/Rudra/Seth/Skadi Bomb (Depends on the type)

8. Amethyst/Aquamarine/Diamond/Emerald/Garnet/Opal/Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz (Depends on the type)

9. (Depends on the type):

heroica-aquaticaxe.jpgAquatic Axe (WP:9, triple damage against fiery and luminous enemies, no damage against electric and flying enemies; axe)

heroica-darklance.jpgDark Lance (WP:9, triple damage against plants and flying enemies, no damage against fiery and luminous enemies; lance)

heroica-electricrod.jpgElectric Rod (WP:9, triple damage against aquatic and flying enemies, no damage against rock and icy enemies; staff)

heroica-icyhalberd.jpgIcy Halberd (WP:9, triple damage against plants and electric enemies, no damage against fiery and rock enemies; halberd)

heroica-fierysword.jpgFiery Sword (WP:9, triple damage against icy and dark enemies, no damage against aquatic and luminous enemies; longsword)

heroica-flyingboomerang.jpgFlying Boomerang (WP:9, triple damage against rock and aquatic enemies, no damage against electric and dark enemies; throwing weapon)

heroica-luminousbow.jpgLuminous Bow (WP:9, triple damage against dark and fiery enemies, no damage against plants and aquatic enemies; bow)

heroica-plantwhip.jpgPlant Whip (WP:9, triple damage against rock and luminous enemies, no damage against icy and dark enemies; whip)

heroica-rockclub.jpgRock Club (WP:9, triple damage against electric and icy enemies, no damage against plants and flying enemies; club)

10. Mystery Prize (???)

The following prizes can be exchanged for an Ethereal card of the corresponding number:

1. Tonic

2. Grand Tonic

3. Neutralizer

4. Tiger Balm

5. Ether Core

6. Fenghuang Essence (After being consumed, automatically revives the target with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out)

7. Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

8. Scroll of Antimagic (Makes the target immune to magic for one battle; has 1/2 chance of success and costs 1 ether)

heroica-etherealshield.jpgEthereal Shield (SP:9, the wearer is immune to magic; shield)

10. Mystery Prize (???)

PARTICIPANTS

The list will be updated as players confirm their participation.

summernew_zpse90b9539.pngAlexis Fenral (Masked Builder)

Gold: 1659-500=1159

Decamon Deck: Rafflesia (Plant 8), 2x Moon Elemental (Icy 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Green Dragon (Flying 8)

8664722617_bb6be3521f_t.jpgAlthior Emorith (K-Nut)

Gold: 1360-200=1160

Decamon Deck: Thunderbird (Electric 4), Mindflayer (Ethereal 5), Aquaphant (Aquatic 6), Grendel (Icy 7), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8)

15801744472_1cf43aa159_t.jpgArthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

Gold: 794-200=594

Decamon Deck: Sandman (Ethereal 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Arachnophobia (Dark 7), Pegasus (Luminous 8)

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpgAtramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Gold: 656-500=156

Decamon Deck: Sylph (Electric 3), Thunderbird (Electric 4), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8), 2x Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9)

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall (Flare)

Gold: 1133-75=1058

Decamon Deck: Creeping Hand (Dark 2), Gargoyle (Rock 4), Flamboa (Fiery 5), Night Mare (Dark 5), Tygurah (Electric 7)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpgBobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher)

Gold: 279-75=204

Decamon Deck: Creeping Hand (Dark 2), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Electriphant (Electric 6)

avatar.jpgDarksten (Comrade Commander)

Gold: 517-75=442

Decamon Deck: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Gargoyle (Rock 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Pterodactyl (Flying 7)

square_demon_in_black_robes.pngThe Demon Germ (samuraiturtle)

Gold: 59-5=54

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1), Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

Gold: 355-200=155

Decamon Deck: Death's Rose (Plant 4), Night Mare (Dark 5), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Pterodactyl (Flying 7), Pegasus (Luminous 8)

eric_5_av_zps64ee0fc1.jpgEric (Khorne)

Gold: 1041-75=966

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4), Pterodactyl (Flying 7), Reaper (Dark 8)

Erik%2Bfinal%2Bbattlemage%2Bheadshot%2B100x100.jpgErik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

Gold: 475-5-20=450

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1)

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpgGrimwald Gjinko (LordoftheNoobs)

Gold: 323-5=318

Decamon Deck: 3x Tweetybird (Flying 1), Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

15951095392_24dacfb8ee_t.jpgGuts Holla (Scubacarrot)

Gold: 1611-500=1111

Decamon Deck: Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Reaper (Dark 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), 2x Green Dragon (Flying 8)

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpgHeckz Brutenhal (Cutcobra)

Gold: 669-75=594

Decamon Deck: Mandragora (Plant 2), Shedu (Rock 5), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Nixie (Aquatic 7), Tygurah (Electric 7)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Username MDM)

Gold: 1163-75=1088

Decamon Deck: Aepyornis (Flying 4), Wintersprite (Icy 6), Grendel (Icy 7), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Reaper (Dark 8)

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpgHybros (JimBee)

Gold: 724-75=649

Decamon Deck: Tangleweed (Plant 3), Flamboa (Fiery 5), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Genie (Ethereal 6), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Jeaux2.jpgJeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Gold: 710-200=510

Decamon Deck: Yeti (Icy 4), Polar Bear (Icy 5), Genie (Ethereal 6), Sphinx (Ethereal 7), Storm Elemental (Electric 7)

picture_8_inventory.pngJohon (Bricksandparts)

Gold: 2004-500=1504

Decamon Deck: Rafflesia (Plant 8), Reaper (Dark 8), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8), Green Dragon (Flying 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8)

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpgKarie Alderflask (Kintobor)

Gold: 680-75=605

Decamon Deck: Simsalamander (Fiery 2), Sylph (Electric 3), Yeti (Icy 4), Sandman (Ethereal 4), Sphinx (Ethereal 7)

lindwhispererv.jpgLind Whisperer (Lind Whisperer)

Gold: 3+2-5=0

Decamon Deck: Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1)

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.pngMatthias (StickFig)

Gold: 116-25=91

Decamon Deck: Scarab (Rock 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Gargoyle (Rock 4), Shedu (Rock 5)

paladin_pretzel_2.jpgMonk Pretzel (Palathadric)

Gold: 1293-75=1218

Decamon Deck: Mud Frog (Rock 2), Sandman (Ethereal 4), Electriphant (Electric 6), Dryad (Plant 6), Woodwose (Plant 7)

a126cabc798a9ad470820a8d617b5d8c.pngMortimer "Em" Mahzan (emjajoas)

Gold: 314-200=114

Decamon Deck: Aepyornis (Flying 4), Shedu (Rock 5), Lich (Dark 6), Pterodactyl (Flying 7), Stone Golem (Rock 8)

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava2.jpgMizuki Kimura (Zakura)

Gold: 200-200=0

Decamon Deck: Wight (Dark 4), Shedu (Rock 5), Genie (Ethereal 6), Arachnophobia (Dark 7), Rafflesia (Plant 8)

15622016117_ba91eaa5d2_t.jpgNerwen Calmcacil (Chromeknight)

Gold: 499-150-4=345

Decamon Deck: Thunderbird (Electric 4), Automaton (Electric 5), Electriphant (Electric 6), Tygurah (Electric 7), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpgPurpearl Berthadhiell (Purpearljellyblob)

Gold: 38-5=33

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), Magic Carp (Aquatic 1)

ava-sorrow.jpgSorrow (Endgame)

Gold: 2257-500=1557

Decamon Deck: Moon Elemental (Icy 8), Pegasus (Luminous 8), 2x Stone Golem (Rock 8), Rafflesia (Plant 8)

1aa.jpgThalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

Gold: 920-500=420

Decamon Deck: Pegasus (Luminous 8), Moon Elemental (Icy 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Reaper (Dark 8)

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpgThormanil Nihai (swils)

Gold: 1636 - 75 = 1561

Decamon Deck: Scarab (Rock 1), Ursa Minor (Ethereal 1), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Aepyornis (Flying 4), Igniphant (Fiery 6)

15481004935_2a2eb11453_s.jpgThrolar Wineghilm (Lord Duvors)

Gold: 1+4-5=0

Decamon Deck: Magic Carp (Aquatic 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), 2x Volt Ant (Electric 1), 2x Tweetybird (Flying 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), 2x Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Ursa Minor (Ethereal 1)

face10.jpgVindsval Half-Born (Asphalt)

Gold: 7-2-5=0

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 3), Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1), Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Magic Carp (Aquatic 1), Ursa Minor (Ethereal 1)

Warlen_ava.pngWarlen Melimane (The Chosen Minifigure)

Gold: 30+20-50=0

Decamon Deck: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Golden Scorpion (Luminous 2), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5)

~You have up to Thursday the 11th of December to join. The first matches in every Cup will be against an NPC.~

Karie, being at the front of the line, purchases one Gambler's Hand for 75 gold.

"I feel like I've done this before."

Edited by Kintobor

Heckz signs up and buys a Gambler's Hand.

The sorcerer looks up to the Emperor, marvelling at his fashionable clothes. For some reason he felt this hapenned before.

EDIT: You didn't edit yet and I changed my mind about what hand I want so I changed it. Can I do that?

Edited by Cutcobra

"Nice."

Atramor buys a Master's Hand for 500 gold.

Karie, being at the front of the line, purchases one Gambler's Hand for 75 gold.

"So do I..."

I purchase Master's Hand.

"Hey wait, what happened to all those already purchased ca--... Oh... retconned..." Benji mumbled to himself as he purchased a Gambler's Hand for 75 gold.

Edited by Flare

Throlar was still here, and annoyed that somebody had obviously made the time loop too short.

Mortimer signs up, buying a Shark's Hand. (314 - 200 = 114)

Edited by Emjajoas

Lind and Asphalt repeat their earler bit of interaction(Asphalt lending Lind 2 gold), and Lind buys a Beginner's Hand.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Purpearl recognises Karie at the front and walks up to her with 25 gold in hand, "What a fine coincidence meeting you here, Karie. Here's the gold that I owed from not long ago. And good luck with the tournament." (38-25=13) drawing a smile as she hands Karie the gold.

Purpearl approaches the Dummy and attempts to buy a couple of hands, like she had planned, but only a single hand appears to be possible.

Purpearl buys 1 Beginner's Hand for 5 gold. (13-5=8)

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Purpearl recognises Karie at the front and walks up to her with 25 gold in hand, "What a fine coincidence meeting you here, Karie. Here's the gold that I owed from not long ago. And good luck with the tournament." (38-25=13) drawing a smile as she hands Karie the gold.

Purpearl approaches the Dummy and attempts to buy a couple of hands, like she had planned, but only a single hand appears to be possible.

Purpearl buys 1 Beginner's Hand for 5 gold. (13-5=8)

"Meh. Keep the money. I'm not entirely sure if this is a really bad fever dream, if the world imploded, or if I'm stuck in the void. Or the Black Hole. Or if I'm really Karie." She pokes herself, making sure she's actually Karie, and not some duplicate Karie.

"Meh. Keep the money. I'm not entirely sure if this is a really bad fever dream, if the world imploded, or if I'm stuck in the void. Or the Black Hole. Or if I'm really Karie." She pokes herself, making sure she's actually Karie, and not some duplicate Karie.

"Hmm... In that case, if there's anything you need, please do not hesitate."

"Black Holes, Titaani astronomers have proven the existence of multiples, or are you talking about something else entirely?"

He eld out his hand.

"Nice to see you again, we've only met once but I hope you remember it, and yes, this is real, in fact I happen to be on a quest right now, and still here at the same time, I'm currently in a battle with some nasty denizens of the forest, it's very exciting isn't it? I can't wait to see how it turns out, but how have you been faring, well I hope?"

Arthur finds Mizuki and repeats his earlier trade (gives Mizuki 150 gold, gains 2 Chicken Drumsticks), before walking over to the dummy and staring at it intently, trying to decide which hand would be best for him.

"I suppose a handsome automaton like yourself would know quite a lot about Decamon. Care to give a fella a hand and share some advice on the game?"

OOC: Will we still be matched up with NPCs appropriate to the strength of our cards, or will this be exclusively against other players now?

Edited by Flipz

Matthias is as surprised as anyone to find himself down 25 gold and holding a Rock Elemental Hand.

Nerwen sees the Ambassador fiddling with a single gold coin.

Here you are master naugrim, you will need four more to play.

Nerwen hands Throlar 4 gold.

Edited by Chromeknight

Nerwen sees the Ambassador fiddling with a single gold coin.

Here you are master naugrim, you will need four more to play.

Nerwen hands Throlar 4 gold.

"Who are you and why did you just give me money?" Said Throlar, clearly not recognizing Nerwen.

Awkward.