Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

Action Themes Halloween: Ghoul Busters

gallery_4757_228_103610.png

When there's something strange in your neighbourhood... Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! Monster Fighters! These brave ghoul battling folks have a hard night ahead, show us your scene of their monsterous task.

Prizes will be announced later.

Rules

• Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs (No height limit.)
  • A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  • This is a building contest. Be creative. Any location, any opponent, so long as the Monster Fighters are kicking ectoplasmic butt!

Full Rules

• No official Monster Fighter figures are required but are preferred.
  • No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  • Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  • There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  • Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  • One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  • Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  • No LDD entries.
  • Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  • No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  • The contest begins now and will end on the (31st October. 12:00 am) (GMT). Voting will begin after that and will last 7 days.
  • Please note that cheating or rally your friends, co-workers, and whoever that is not active in Eurobricks but owns an Eurobricks account but wants to vote for the sake of voting in terms will be frowned and may or will be subjected to further inquiry.
  • In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  • Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

I know that you rejected my suggestion to bump-up the area limit for the creatures lair contest, but it would be helpful for this smaller one. I would increase this one from 8x8 to 8x16. It would take a bit more space than 8x8 to have a simple interesting battle scene, but not really requiring as much as the lair or hang-out. The wider shape could also be good for depicting 1 party vs the other.

I hope that I could get a response to the above post by Peppermint_M, because I'm now almost finished by 12x20 contest entry.

Edited by LiamM32

The rules state 8x8. That is what is needed and seeing as I stated that the rules are the rules to every other time you wanted them changed I do not know why you could build one that contravened them.

Really, it is that simple, the rules posted are the rules to follow. Everyone else seems able to follow them.