gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Kinda shameless of me to be late to my own community build, but here's my entry anyway. It's a bignette representing the scene where newly appointed Sith Lord Darth Vader carries out his new master's first assignment by leading a part of the 501st to the Jedi Temple in order to massacre everyone inside. It's a very simple scene, but also very powerful and one of my favorite parts of the movie.

8146016112_741bb56ebd_z.jpg

March on the Jedi Temple by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

8145980917_149864d452_z.jpg

Here's a reference picture of the scene. The bignette is obviously very underscaled, especially the Jedi statues, but I wanted to keep it within 16x16 studs, and it would have been very boring if I wouldn't have included the statues.

640px-Knightfall1.jpg

8145982133_df1f3213b4_z.jpg

8146013896_aa769e2afa_z.jpg

8146010636_7b20a6d702_z.jpg

8146015048_ce0895b46b_z.jpg

640px-Knightfall2.jpg

I hope you like it. C & C welcome. :classic:

Nice! My favorite bit is the statues.

Too bad LEGO hasn't released any 501st before 2013. They would've looked pretty wicked marching with that Anakin fig. :wink:

Nice one Oky, Neat little scene captured well.

Nice! My favorite bit is the statues.

Too bad LEGO hasn't released any 501st before 2013. They would've looked pretty wicked marching with that Anakin fig. :wink:

I was thinking the same thing, the 2013 501st would have look cool in this MOC.

Thanks. And yes, this would have been better with actual 501st troopers, but even if the 2013 sets were out already, it would be very difficult to amass an army of them since there's only one in two mid-sized sets. :sceptic: I really hope they release a battle pack with them soon, ideally something like this.

Very nice, you really captured the essence of this dramatic moment! It hardly matters that it has been scaled down significantly, all the elements are there to make this scene recognizable. I really like the statues! :sweet:

Simple, but a fine representation of the scene. I'd love to see you build a full=size version once you can get 501st clones by the handful. :thumbup: