Sign in to follow this  
Superfunk

[MOC]: Modular Bookstore

Hi everyone

I am happy to present my next MOC: A Modular Bookstore. For this building, I had three goals: I wanted to use "Bright Light Yellow"/"Cool Yellow" as one of the main colors, work on my SNOT techniques and bring a bookstore to my town!

24727111010_4a274f9747_z.jpg

Trying out a panorama window technique, the glass is held by "Tile, Modified 1 x 2 Grille" at the bottom and top (studs down). I also wanted to use small offsets in the facade. The best seat in the shop is the red comfy chair at the window.

24929332121_532c9b12f8.jpg

The bookstore has a balcony overlooking the ground floor, which also houses the small coffee bar.

24392029494_f561fbfdc1.jpg

Only the back half of the first floor detaches, to allow for the double height facade.

24395792403_04d1c1eb9a.jpg

Fits nicely in the neighborhood!

25022629125_fd475b897c.jpg

A couple of more pictures on Flickr.

Comments & suggestions welcome, thanks for looking!

Edited by Superfunk

Thats a nice build. I like how you combined so many different and hard to use colors without them clashing too much.

Very nice moc andvery realistic!!! :thumbup:

The balcony surely is nice, it makes the building stand out form other modulars which just have straight facades all the way to the top.

Cool yellow is something we really needed from Lego, and it is what it is - cool :grin:

I love the double height facade for the book shop. the grill pieces used for the panorama windows is so clever. Great result.

Looks like book stores are popular these days :wink:

I love the double height facade. The panorama window technique is very effective and the colours you used work very well together.

Just the second yellow level looks a bit too high in my opinion. But I can't really tell why.

Anyways, it's a great building! Well done!