Infernum

Ch II: Team Simon: Cat B: Fortifying Avalonia

dscn1893_0001.jpg

My Lord Simon,

I write to inform you that our efforts are going smoothly! Our efforts have been met with much success, and we have managed to build dozens of fortifications throughout Avalonia. Our armies will now have many spots to fall back to if we are overwhelmed.

The owners of the lands we are building on have been extremely cooperative and helpful. They are willing to give up parts of their land, glad for the protection of our troops.

I am now leaving a house where we have built a palisade wall. The inhabitants of the house, a man, elf, and their son, have been very gracious to us. They provided food, help, and entertainment in the form of elvish singing to my men, and wished us the best of luck. I recommend we reward their good spirits after the drow are defeated.

Regards,

Sir Jamus.

dscn1898.jpg

The peasants.

dscn1899.jpg

Sir Jamus (in the front) and the palisade. Spears! :wink:

dscn1902.jpg

No figs! I love the landscaping and path!

dscn1906.jpg

No palisade! I really like the house. :classic:

I built a house because I realized I haven't ever really built a proper house. So I decided to build a scene showing a fortification effort around a house. I figured small fortifications like this would be popping up all over Avalonia, so my idea would fit in.

Well, that's my entry! Good luck everyone! :sweet:

Edit: Brickshelf gallery's public: http://upload.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=543911

Edited by Infernum

Great build! A lot of nice details, as you write the landscape and the path are great as well as the fence and the house. Do you have links to larger pics?

A well-built and highly detailed MOC preseted with flawless photography, well done! :classic:

Nice build Infernum. The house is very striking, especially that roof, very nice job!

The palisade works really well as the impromptu fortifications popping up around Avalonia. Overall this build shows great building composition and skill. Very impressed!

I concur with the others....I love this entry! The house is very well done, but the colours of the MOC are very bleak, like late summer in a drought, and I think that's a lot of feel to this as well.

Beautiful! So much I love about this MOC! Funny seeing you building in Avalonia! Great job!

Thanks Vlad! This house is so much better than the ones I made for the first book. :wink:

dscn9243.jpg

A well-built and highly detailed MOC preseted with flawless photography, well done! :classic:

Thanks! It means a ton coming from you! :classic:

Nice build Infernum. The house is very striking, especially that roof, very nice job!

The palisade works really well as the impromptu fortifications popping up around Avalonia. Overall this build shows great building composition and skill. Very impressed!

Thanks! I've been so impressed by all your freebuilds! So glad you joined GoH! :sweet:

I concur with the others....I love this entry! The house is very well done, but the colours of the MOC are very bleak, like late summer in a drought, and I think that's a lot of feel to this as well.

Thanks a bunch Kayne! Yeah, I wanted an interesting color scheme, still with some Avalonian green but showcasing the fear in the Avalonians' minds.

This is amazing! The textures really make it pop and the landscaping is top notch.

Thanks Carson!

Great textures Infernum! That house looks really nice :thumbup:

This house looks really nice, the textures are amazing!

The irregular base and the minifig combos are also nice to look at.

I really like the textures. You have made a ton of progress since joining GoH!

Awesome house, the roof and chimney are my favorite parts. Great work!

Thanks Janatale! :classic:

Great textures Infernum! That house looks really nice :thumbup:

Thanks Simon!

Nicely done! :blush:

I love the stone chimney! :wub:

Thanks a bunch! :sweet:

This house looks really nice, the textures are amazing!

The irregular base and the minifig combos are also nice to look at.

Thanks!

Wow. What an awesome build.

Thanks Dragonfire! :classic:

I really like the textures. You have made a ton of progress since joining GoH!

Thanks Torgar! Yeah, I'm really glad I joined! :grin:

Wonderful entry SK Infernum! The irregular base and landscaping are lovely, as is the house with all it's little details (and the colour scheme, that's great too). Not so sure about the 2x2 round tiles on the house foundation though, to me they look a little bit like stuck on polka-dots instead of rock/stones supporting the house.

Oh, and I have to second Gideon's comment about the photography - flawless :thumbup:

Edit- eeps, where's my brain, really sorry Infernum :blush:

Edited by Emma

Wonderful entry SK! The irregular base and landscaping are lovely, as is the house with all it's little details (and the colour scheme, that's great too). Not so sure about the 2x2 round tiles on the house foundation though, to me they look a little bit like stuck on polka-dots instead of rock/stones supporting the house.

Oh, and I have to second Gideon's comment about the photography - flawless :thumbup:

*Cough* I'm Infernum not SK *cough*. :tongue:

Thanks! Yeah, lots of mixed comments about those rounds.

Great work Infernum!! I really love it! You have, as said by others, developed so much! I like the irregular base and the lovely house!

Edit- eeps, where's my brain, really sorry Infernum :blush:

Ha, ha, it's fine. :wink:

Great work Infernum!! I really love it! You have, as said by others, developed so much! I like the irregular base and the lovely house!

Thanks DG! :classic:

My favorite build from you yet :wub: The landscape looks amazing, the dark orange and olive green work beautifully with the dark tan :thumbup:

The house is just as good, the stonework looks sweet, I especially like the large round tiles you included. Using black for the house works well. And lastly the palisade looks very sturdy :thumbup: Great work :classic:

My favorite build from you yet :wub: The landscape looks amazing, the dark orange and olive green work beautifully with the dark tan :thumbup:

The house is just as good, the stonework looks sweet, I especially like the large round tiles you included. Using black for the house works well. And lastly the palisade looks very sturdy :thumbup: Great work :classic:

Thanks a bunch SK! :classic:

Great idea, great execution, great photography.

A trifecta! Awesome work Infernum, I really think this is your best MOC yet. :sweet:

Looks awesome. Has a Legonardo vibe to it.

I love the landscaping and color choices. Very nice.