lightningtiger

Main Street 2015

After four buildings time to link them together and this topic is where they'll all meet up.....Main Street.

Totally different than all my other main streets in the last five years of New Mannum's changing face.

2015_main_street_998.jpg2015_main_street_999.jpg

Keep watching.....there is more coming at both ends of the street. :wink:

This is a beautiful example of melding real-life styles and building layouts with LEGO models. The first picture especially - take that out into a sand desert, set it on the ground, and you'd have to look twice before you realized it was LEGO.

Excellent work, sir, excellent work!

This is a beautiful example of melding real-life styles and building layouts with LEGO models. The first picture especially - take that out into a sand desert, set it on the ground, and you'd have to look twice before you realized it was LEGO.

Excellent work, sir, excellent work!

Thank you 'Lind Whisperer', I pride myself on selling the real world as it would be in LEGO.....I'm currently working on the corner by the IGA store.....updating again soon.

So you know the drill ! :wink:

I've got the corner of the main street done...well, at least the roadway......next the lawn and picnic areas to come.......keep watching ! :wink:

2015_main_street_997.jpg

take that out into a sand desert, set it on the ground, and you'd have to look twice before you realized it was LEGO.

Exactly, very realistic! Maybe it's because of the stickers....Well, brick on!

Exactly, very realistic! Maybe it's because of the stickers....Well, brick on!

Thanks 'Cagast', I try to use only a small number of stickers.....on the outside just to say what the particular building or vehicle is though on the inside of the shops there is of course a bit more stickering to sell the idea of being a store apart from the standard minifig accessories and brick built items.

Working on a pier on LDD.....oop's gave away one of the many things to come.....keep watching ! :wink:

Thanks for your kind words 'beeman101' and 'Captain Braunsfeld', one of the reasons why I build stuff like this is to show what such places in Oz are like or at least similar too......i consider it my art and also my madness to keep me sane. :wink:

I'm not sure if I'll have any visual updates to Monday at the moment because the wife is home for the entire weekend so no Lego building at home unless I burn the midnight oil......keep watching anyway. :wink:

LT, New Mannum is lokking sharp as ever.

It seems IGA is outgrowing all the business in town! I wonder why is that?!

LT, New Mannum is lokking sharp as ever.

It seems IGA is outgrowing all the business in town! I wonder why is that?!

Thanks 'Artifex', now why is the IGA the biggest building......well it's the general store for the whole town and you can not see the rest of pub going down that road between it and the post office.

I'll be back on the corner section in the next two days.......so keep doing that thing with your eyes ! :laugh:

Nice! I see mocs in this style rarely, so it's very interesting for me! :classic:

Thanks 'Gabor', you know maybe I should challenge everyone to try and do a detailed street scene inspired by somewhere in their own country ? :wink:

Keep watching for the next photo update......should be very soon. :blush:

Now more on the W-I-P which is the corner section with entrance to the pier/dock along the riverbank.

2015_main_street_920.jpg

As you can see I need tons of parts still to finish it off.......keep watching ! :wink:

A fresh shot of the main street from a different angle plus the painter has moved onto roof of the IGA......keep watching !

2015_main_street_919.jpg

Keep watching ! :grin:

Written update......light/power poles go in tomorrow (Saturday)......plus hopefully finish off the part of corner section......any suggestions feel free to say them and Keep Watching anyway.

Nice moc and pretty pictures, as usual.

I prefer the ones with the gray background, because they creates a more evocative atmosphere, that binds very well with the immaculate white of the buildings.

Nice moc and pretty pictures, as usual.

I prefer the ones with the gray background, because they creates a more evocative atmosphere, that binds very well with the immaculate white of the buildings.

Sorry about the background......that's my bedroom and it has blue-ish walls......plus it allows most of the street to be displayed in one hit. :blush:

Might plan some utes to fill the street.....keep watching ! :wink:

Nice, but why arent you going with street base plates¿?

Thanks 'Hoexbroe', I find it more flexible and realistic this way......our country towns....small ones not have drains and crossings like in cities.

Pardon the poor quality of the image......it's from my phone (the wife has hidden the camera again from me.......marriage is really awesome at times :sadnew: ).

2015_main_street_915.jpg

Just a written update till Tuesday....that's when I'll be MOC'ing again.

Planned now is a covered area for the BBQ and picnic table, installing mounting points for the power poles and fix up white fencing.....now any fresh ideas or suggestions I'm always free to hear them.........Keep watching. :wink:

Now I forgot to add my reasons for making some changes to my current plans.......I made a lookout instead of a pier, why ?

Well, in the real town of Mannum the main street is above the river.....an access road takes you down to the rivers edge so my river town will do similar minus access road (space is limited). :blush:

It also keeps costs down......I still have my silos to make plus my son's SW display to work.......no rest for us busy AFOL's eh ? :laugh: