This build is for the Interstellar Outpost contest on Flickr. The idea is to build a one-man starfighter, landing pad, ground support vehicle, and comm station that together form a space outpost. I don't build sci-fi a lot, so this was a good challenge. After so many Castle builds, using lots of bright colors was really fun.

The starfighter's wings rotate with a twist of the knob on top, to switch between flight and hover/landing mode; it also has a functional landing gear. The tanker truck has working steering (also operated by the knob on top) and 'suspension'. The comm station has a full interior and the landing pad doubles as a storage area.

overview.JPGt2.JPGlanded.JPGstorage.JPGbase.JPG

f.JPGf2.JPG

And just for fun, a picture with the colors inverted:

overview2.JPG

See more pictures here: http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=324

C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

What an awesome landscape! I dont think many people though of using pink/violet for an alien alndscape but looking now its just perfect! Nice outpust with vehicles and mecha. Does the mecha have such large fingers?

NVM its a shuttle not mecha, my bad.

Edited by Zblj

I like it! Nice color choices. Cool vehicle. The inverted color shot is neat, thanks for including it.

What an awesome landscape! I dont think many people though of using pink/violet for an alien alndscape but looking now its just perfect! Nice outpust with vehicles and mecha. Does the mecha have such large fingers?

NVM its a shuttle not mecha, my bad.

Thanks! I've been wanting to use the lavendar and pink, I figured an alien landscape would work well with them :classic:

The ground is very eye-catching!

Thank you :classic:

That's an awesome "little" outpost!

Do you plan to make more on the same theme?

Thanks, I probably won't be doing more in this theme anytime soon. But I may do more eventually :classic:

I like it! Nice color choices. Cool vehicle. The inverted color shot is neat, thanks for including it.

Thank you, glad you liked the inverted color picture, I thought it was fun :classic:

Very very nice project! Love the color scheme! :laugh: And also the car / vehicle looks very very nice!