ZetoVince

Porsche 930 (minifig scale)

indexed.gif V-LV-58C

Here is the minifig scale Porsche 930 a.k.a. 911 turbo (1975-1989)

It fits only minifig heads with short haircuts on!

It's pure Lego structure except for the white painted tires!

6741696109_5310dbfda7.jpg

6741696103_b19b4522ab.jpg

6741696097_220acca156.jpg

my Flickr photostream

6797090581_f1d015c198_m.jpg

Instructions

And the Revised version

8901020930_5aaa0b58f6.jpg

Edited by ZetoVince

Wow! This really looks like the car it is based on, super impressive!

I'm assuming this is a 7-wide vehicle? In any case it really does fit minifigures well...

Sweet shape, the floating head/torso "technique" is really the only way to add a minifig to some of the smaller cars.

Never would have thought of using those technic bars for the sides

I often look and think "I could do that"... with this, I like how you included the instructions so I can do that! Its really good - nicely done :-)

Doink

This is one of the better designed cars on here. Sometimes its hard to see the intended car in the MOC. This one is instantly recognizable. Great job!

I saw it on Flickr when you posted it there a while ago, and while I feel that only including minifig heads and not entire figs is like 'cheating' a tiny little bit, there's no doubt that you've created something that's incredibly recognisable. Probably the best minifig-sized model of a real car I've ever seen. Great!

Wow, what a fitting representation of an iconic car! Fantastic job; absolutely flawless! :thumbup:

Also, thanks for the instructions :classic:

Absolutely brilliant! :thumbup:

I don't mind cheating on the minifigs, I do it too when legs and such don't fit. :laugh:

Thanks a lot for the instructions, I have downloaded them. It is not always necessary to reinvent the wheel. :wink:

Who would of thought you could make something like that in lego, let alone minifig scale. Kudos to you for putting instructions as well. This is something the community should be doing more often!

There's a lot of Porsche style MOCs out there but this has to rank as one of the best and you have linked in instructions, what a legend, bravo!

Nifty build, can't finish because of LDD issues, but still good.

Wish I could strap rockets to it lol

mr70n.jpg

EDIT: Spoke too soon

DEATH RACE PORSCHE!

96ltf8.jpg

Edited by DrNightmare

Better late than never.... When this model was first posted I was really impressed. I used the instructions to build my own version. Due to my inventory, I had to cheat and tweak a few small details. I was very happy with the outcome. I will probaly add some closer up pics in the future. Since I recently used this model in a public display and posted pictures, I wanted to give credit where it is due. Thanks Zetovince for sharing your instructions.

7524041024_b16589b937_c.jpg

Play well,

Simply brilliant. Instantly recognizable. It is too bad the heads have to float like that, but I doubt it would be the proper shape to include the full minifigure. Either way, it looks great. I may have to look at those instructions sometime.

This is by far the best minifig-scale car I've seen so far. Great MOC of one of my all time favorite cars. Hope to see more iconic car models coming from you soon :wink:

A cool MOC worth reanimating this topic! :wub_drool:

At first I thought: How good can a Porsche made in Lego be?

Now I know! :thumbup: Really superb. And very well presented, too.