Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Heroica RPG - Quest #59: Rito's Resolution

8523371610_055b49df2c.jpg

Five heroes wait in Heroica Hall, wondering where their employer was going to meet them. These heroes were...

untitled-15.png Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces (Palathdaric)

463-year-old male "hermit" Cleric

Level 15

Power: 25

Health: 24/24

Defense: 5

Ether: 23/23

Gold: 45

Equipment: Cross [staff of Malbert (WP:10, light-elemental)], Tricorn (artifact, headwear, SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (artifact, backwear, SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Flying Cross [broomstick De Albert (WP:6, darkness-, fire- and wind-elemental)], Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits), 2x Potion, 4x Grand Potion, Tonic, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Ether Core, 3x Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, 2x Venom, Deadly Venom, 2x Paralyzing Venom, 5x Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Bone (3), Tasty Pretzel (Consumable) - 1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption., Magic Viper Skin (accessory, heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle, unless knocked out), Fashionable Shield (SP:7)

8489315301_ed3a6ff0f8_t.jpgMaurice Ratibor (Etzel) ***Party Leader***

51 years old male human Paladin *Immune to Stun and Light*

Level 21

Power: 34

Health: 45/45

Defense: 9

Ether: 28/28

Gold: 175

Equipment: Manta Tail Staff (WP:12+50% Stun chance), Paladin Shield (SP:5), Helm of Haroka (+2 health, +1 Power, Immunity to Stun effect, headwear) , White Cloak (Max. Health +3, backwear), Paladin's Armour (SP:4, Max. Ether +2, Immunity to Light, bodywear)

Inventory: Emerald Staff (WP:10 wood-elemental), Mace (WP:5), Longsword (WP:5), Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, 3 Potions, 2 Tonics, 3 Ether Cores, 1 Remedy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 3 Nostrums, 2 Venom, Elixir, Floral Bomb, Water Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Torch, Bone, Plume, Helmet (+1 max. health), Mystic Veil (+1 max health, +2 Ether, headwear, suitable for Ether users)

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png De'kra (Tanma)

12 year old "male" "echo" Sorcerer *Immune to Enamored and Confused*

Level 20.33

Power: 26

Health: 30/30

Defense: 4

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 21

Equipment: Kapura (WP:8, fire-elemental dagger), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1), Heart Locket (Protects from enamored- and confused-effects), Reflective Gaunlets (SP:3)

Inventory: Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7) Chiara (WP:7, lightning-elemental dagger), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Kanohi Mask (artifact, accessory, allows spells to have the effects of the weapon they are cast through; suitable to De'kra only), Cloak of the Elven Spy (artifact, backwear), Diamond, Scroll of Sealing (loaned by Arthur), 7x Potions, 3x Grand Potions, 3x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essence, 2x Smoke Bombs, Noxious Venom, Tonic, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava1.jpg Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

21-year-old female human Assassin

Level 15

Health: 26/26

Gold: 2

Equipment: Dagger (WP:10), Sticky Gloves( Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up))

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind- and light-elemental, retrievable), Bow (WP:5), Grand Potion, 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Venoms, 5 Nostrums, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw, Trial Brew,

harkenshire_sig.jpg William Harkenshire (Fred Daniel Yam)

??-year-old male human Warden

Level 17

Power: 28

Health: 32/32

Gold: 75

Defense: 8

Equipment: Croise Crossbow (WP: 11), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to Knights, Dragoons and Skirmishers; accessory), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4, suitable for Knights)

Inventory: Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5 May not be upgraded; Fire; Hastened), Hand Cannon (WP: 5; Lightning, Wood), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement), Sapphire, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Wave Sword (WP: 11; Cursed Effect), Fire Bomb, Water Bomb, Amethyst, Grating Stone, Elixer, Military Grade Water Bomb, Military Grade Lightning Bomb, Bone, Magic Saucepan, Nostrum

The heroes did not have to wait long, however. A winged humanoid, familiar to De'kra, stepped into the Hall to collect the heroes.

7359767670_279f3d2100_t.jpg

"De'kra! It is good to see you again, little one! For those of you don't know me, I am Denerii, of the Rito clan in Dastan. As you already know, we need your help. Retraga, an old dragon of Dastan, has woken up from her slumber after the Battle of Dastan. However, she hasn't come out of her cave, and has been wreaking havoc on our tallest peak. If she decided to leave, we are sure that she would cause much damage to the Rito settlements and to the Dastanese down below the mountains. Our shamans have determined that she is infected somehow, and believe that this is the cause of her anger. We need you heroes to investigate and try to help her, as our efforts so far have been fruitless."

"I have arranged for one of the many merchant sailors to take us across the Crystalline Sea to Dastan. But before we depart, are there any questions about your mission?"

QM Note: Hello and welcome to the quest! I hope you will all have fun. Please check your stats, I have rearranged some of them to make it easier for me to keep track of.

I rush up to the waiting Rito.

"Hmmm, seems like I'm the first one here, eh? Ah well, not usual, but not bad all the same."

After a minute's silence, "So, nice wings you got there. How did you attach them to your body?"

Thanks for having me, JimButcher! I bought a Pickaxe at the Marketplace. So, I should have that and have only 25 Gold. No stress!

IC: De'kra's face lit up to see the Rito again, and for the first time in a while a brief rush of excitement hit him. "Great-sight to see you Denerii," he clicked with emerald eyes, "I only question is could this be result of foes we face in Dastan? Like cultists? I believe they were experimenting and old enemy of dragons, could that be connect?"

"It's bad enough that you're short, dark, and villainous-looking, but at least talk properly, cateye!

"I wouldn't trust him if I were you," I whisper to Denerii. "Never know when these creatures can creep up on you, you know...vile pests."

Mizuki walks onboard the ship and notices an item sticking out of Monk Pretzal's cart. Pulling it out, she sees that it is some viper skin. She walks up to Monk Pretzal and asks her "Can I borrow this viper skin for the duration of the quest ?"

Mizuki walks onboard the ship and notices an item sticking out of Monk Pretzal's cart. Pulling it out, she sees that it is some viper skin. She walks up to Monk Pretzal and asks her "Can I borrow this viper skin for the duration of the quest?"

"I can't equip it right now with my tricorne and cloak, so you may." I hand the Magic Viper Skin to Mizuki.

"let's go."

"Harkenshire, I presume? Ranger, are you? Or Warden? I notice you're carrying a shield, so I'll presume the latter. If you want you can use my shield. It's stronger than yours and I, apparently, can't use it right now anyway. Damn, Fox! Perhaps I'll wait for Maurice to come though and see if he is interested in it, being our party leader and all..."

Mizuki grabs the Magic Viper Skin from Monk Pretzal. When she looks closer, the Magic Viper Skin glows green and sparkles so Mizuki equips it. She notice Dek'ra talking to the winged warrior and says to him "That's an interesting hand cannon in your bag. May I use it for now ?"

Edited by Zakura

IC: De'kra turns to Mizuki and nods, clicking "Of course. You can keep it if you want, I can not use it."

Maurice let the other members in his party speak first so that he would be able to judge them. As party leader it was important to know the strengths and weaknesses of each member. Especially since the mission they were heading out on seemed to be a quite dangerous one. Not only were they supposed to take on a dragon, but a wounded or sick dragon. It was hard for Maurice to imagine a more discouraging situation, but he was not going to show any despair.

"Before we set out I do have a question. Do you have any idea how this dragon has been infected? Is there a risk that it spreads to more dragons?"

OoC. Terribly sorry for my delay!

"Maurice, I have this fancy shield, here, that I spent a pretty penny for, but apparently am not able to equip at this time. Perhaps it would be of more use in yours or Harkenshire's hands for the duration of this quest. If you want to receive it, then I would recommend loaning your shield to Harkenshire, since yours is clearly stronger than his."

"Maurice, I have this fancy shield, here, that I spent a pretty penny for, but apparently am not able to equip at this time. Perhaps it would be of more use in yours or Harkenshire's hands for the duration of this quest. If you want to receive it, then I would recommend loaning your shield to Harkenshire, since yours is clearly stronger than his."

"I suggest our warden, Harkenshire, takes your shield, I'm quite happy with my own one."

(and there will be less work for JimB)

I hand my Fancy Shield to Harkenshire for the duration of the quest.

"Seems like I will be providing for our team this quest!" I mutter to myself.

Mizuki takes the Fauxthril Hand Cannon and puts it in her satchel. She then walks up to Denarii and asks "Will there be any other factions trying to cure the dragon ?"

"By the way, Mizuki, the loan of the Viper Skin comes at a cost. Since you will, no doubt, be making money on this quest due to your...abilities, would it be too much to ask for 10% of what you...take off of our enemies, which I am suspecting that we will surely face?"

"How about 100 gold for the use of the item. That way you still gain profit and it won't cut too much into my budget."

Party:

untitled-15.png Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces (Palathdaric)

463-year-old male "hermit" Cleric

Level 15

Health: 24/24

Defense: 5

Ether: 23/23

Gold: 25

Equipment: Cross [staff of Malbert (WP:10, light-elemental)], Tricorn (artifact, headwear, SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (artifact, backwear, SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Flying Cross [broomstick De Albert (WP:6, darkness-, fire- and wind-elemental)], Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits), 2x Potion, 4x Grand Potion, Tonic, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Ether Core, 3x Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, 2x Venom, Deadly Venom, 2x Paralyzing Venom, 5x Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Pickax, Bone (3), Tasty Pretzel (Consumable) - 1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption

8489315301_ed3a6ff0f8_t.jpgMaurice Ratibor (Etzel) ***Party Leader***

51 years old male human Paladin *Immune to Stun and Light*

Level 21

Power: 34

Health: 45/45

Defense: 9

Ether: 28/28

Gold: 175

Equipment: Manta Tail Staff (WP:12+50% Stun chance), Paladin Shield (SP:5), Helm of Haroka (+2 health, +1 Power, Immunity to Stun effect, headwear) , White Cloak (Max. Health +3, backwear), Paladin's Armour (SP:4, Max. Ether +2, Immunity to Light, bodywear)

Inventory: Emerald Staff (WP:10 wood-elemental), Mace (WP:5), Longsword (WP:5), Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, 3 Potions, 2 Tonics, 3 Ether Cores, 1 Remedy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 3 Nostrums, 2 Venom, Elixir, Floral Bomb, Water Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Torch, Bone, Plume, Helmet (+1 max. health), Mystic Veil (+1 max health, +2 Ether, headwear, suitable for Ether users)

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png De'kra (Tanma)

12 year old "male" "echo" Sorcerer *Immune to Enamored and Confused*

Level 20.33

Power: 26

Health: 30/30

Defense: 4

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 21

Equipment: Kapura (WP:8, fire-elemental dagger), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1), Heart Locket (Protects from enamored- and confused-effects), Reflective Gaunlets (SP:3)

Inventory: Chiara (WP:7, lightning-elemental dagger), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Kanohi Mask (artifact, accessory, allows spells to have the effects of the weapon they are cast through; suitable to De'kra only), Cloak of the Elven Spy (artifact, backwear), Diamond, Scroll of Sealing (loaned by Arthur), 7x Potions, 3x Grand Potions, 3x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essence, 2x Smoke Bombs, Noxious Venom, Tonic, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava1.jpg Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

21-year-old female human Assassin

Level 15

Health: 26/26

Gold: 2

Equipment: Dagger (WP:10), Sticky Gloves( Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Magic Viper Skin (accessory, heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle, unless knocked out)

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind- and light-elemental, retrievable), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7), Bow (WP:5), Grand Potion, 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Venoms, 5 Nostrums, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw, Trial Brew,

harkenshire_sig.jpg William Harkenshire (Fred Daniel Yam)

??-year-old male human Warden

Level 17

Power: 28

Health: 32/32

Gold: 75

Defense: 8

Equipment: Croise Crossbow (WP: 11), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to Knights, Dragoons and Skirmishers; accessory), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4, suitable for Knights)

Inventory: Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5 May not be upgraded; Fire; Hastened), Hand Cannon (WP: 5; Lightning, Wood), Fashionable Shield (SP:7), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement), Sapphire, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Wave Sword (WP: 11; Cursed Effect), Fire Bomb, Water Bomb, Amethyst, Grating Stone, Elixer, Military Grade Water Bomb, Military Grade Lightning Bomb, Bone, Magic Saucepan, Nostrum

"After a minute's silence, "So, nice wings you got there. How did you attach them to your body?"

Denerii gave a hard stare to the monk.

"No, holyman, we Rito are born like this. It's not easy, having this natural magnificence, you know. :hmpf_bad:"

"Great-sight to see you Denerii," he clicked with emerald eyes, "I only question is could this be result of foes we face in Dastan? Like cultists? I believe they were experimenting and old enemy of dragons, could that be connect?"

Denerii turned to the echo and smiled. "It's possible, though our shamans have not determined the cause of her sickness. It could be a result of her slumber, but that's what you're going to find out. As for the cultists who resided in Dastan before, we have not seen head nor tail of them since the Battle."

"It's bad enough that you're short, dark, and villainous-looking, but at least talk properly, cateye!

"I wouldn't trust him if I were you," I whisper to Denerii. "Never know when these creatures can creep up on you, you know...vile pests."

Denerii edged away, repulsed by the monk already. "I'll determine that for myself, thanks...."

"Before we set out I do have a question. Do you have any idea how this dragon has been infected? Is there a risk that it spreads to more dragons?"

"Again, we do not know the origins of the sickness. As for it's contagion, we know that it can't be spread to other species. Or at least, our shamans haven't gotten sick... yet."

Mizuki takes the Fauxthril Hand Cannon and puts it in her satchel. She then walks up to Denarii and asks "Will there be any other factions trying to cure the dragon ?"

"Other factions? Not that we know of... you're the only ones we have hired, and I doubt the Dastanese know or care about the dragons."

"If you're all ready to head out, I've arranged a meeting with our captain at the Fishmarket. He will lead us to his ship and we can be on our way to Dastan. You can ask me any more questions you have on the way. Come on, let's go!"

Denerii opened the Hall doors, flapped her wings, and took flight, soaring southeast to the Fishmarket. The heroes had to run after her, without wings to fly themselves. Soon they looked down on a bustling street of commerce.

heroicaquest6-fishmarket2.jpg

"Oops! I forgot you hatchlings can't fly!" Denerii giggled a little. "No matter, our captain is here. Hail, Whales!"

8524185849_6e49f576bb_t.jpg

"Ahoy! Heroes from Heroica, eh? They ain't nothin' but trouble, I tells ye... bwahahaha! Just pullin' yer oars, heroes be great shipmates when travelin' to far off ports like Strivvi. Anyhow, me ship, The Mercuito, is on it's way back from Shelbric. Now, our headin' be Dastan, and I hear tell that ye heroes be lookin' fer a ride. Well, ol' Cap'n Whales will be glad to help the likes of ye out -- for the lowly price o' 1000 gold, group discount! What'ye say?"

"Nah-ah, sailor man! We had a deal!" Denerii put a hand over the bow strapped to her back, but with a small smile on her face.

"That we did, ahah. Ye can't blame an old sailor fer tryin', at least. And them Rito Feathers do fetch a nice bit o' gold in Eubric..." Whales eyed Denerii's wings.

"You'll get your shinies once this is over, sailor man."

"Ah. Ahah! There she blows! Ladies an' gentlemen, The Mercutio makes port!" Whales pulled a telescope from his belt, aiming it at the waters of Eubric Cove.

8525305222_ba65a9a27f_z.jpg

Whales led Denerii and the party down to the docks, where The Mercutio was docking. Whales' dwarven first mate, Thimlin, tossed a rope to his captain from the deck of the ship.

6392038821_ee98952d0c_t.jpg

"...Ahoy, cap'n!"

"Ahoy, yerself. I assume the tradin' went as planned? Of course it did, bwahah. Anyhow, we got a coupla heroes along fer the ride. Pack the cargo, and then we set sail!"

Will the heroes converse with Whales, Thimlin, or Denerii, or will they board the ship an prepare to set sail?

OOC: My mom starts chemotheorpy tomorrow, so I might be a little busy. I will still try to be active though.

OOC: In case you don't remember, Denerii gave De'kra a special musical instrument in the shape of the dragon. It can collapse its wings, which form keyboards when spread out, and it has two holes on the top for changing pitch.

OOC: Because I might as well do a third thing, Ultimate Spider-Woman is great and we need to see more of her.

IC: De'kra would have smiled if he had a mouth. His eyes on the other hand sparkled green, just glad to be back with the Rito, and to be sailing. The wind blowing against him, if he closed his emerald gaze he could all but fly. Through his mind he was untethered from the land, and like a Toa of Air he flew through his thoughts. Oh, the wonders the Rito must feel every day, through their wonderful wings.

As he focused De'kra noticed his arms had stretched out against the wind, like wings. He shyly tucked them to his sides, and clicked, "Denerii, thank you again for the beautiful instrument, I have kept it safe. How is Flavius? I know he got back on his feet quickly after final battle, but I not sure how heroes not in Heroica do when brought down in battle."

It felt good to be doing something again, and with the Rito. If he hadn't seen the quest list, he might have well withered away.

"That is a possibility."

De'kra stumbled at the voice's words, not fond of the implications. It reminded him of that golden hybrid, born of the fusion of several creatures. A creature which brought dreams to life. And if he was a fusion like he suspected, he did not like the potential ramifications.

As he focused De'kra noticed his arms had stretched out against the wind, like wings. He shyly tucked them to his sides, and clicked, "Denerii, thank you again for the beautiful instrument, I have kept it safe. How is Flavius? I know he got back on his feet quickly after final battle, but I not sure how heroes not in Heroica do when brought down in battle."

"You're very welcome, little one. I had almost forgot about it! It is a replica of an ancient relic of the Rito clan. Playing it connects you to our spirit, our ceremony. One as brave and generous as you are deserving to have this part of Rito culture."

"As for Flavius, you can ask him yourself! He is alive and well, and he will be waiting for us in Dastan!"

IC: De'kra grinned, it was goos to know that both of the beautiful Rito had survived the ordeal. He had assumned Flavius was okay, he had sprung right back up, but it had still preyed on his thoughts. Or at least, it should have. He thought of it a little, until Quest 44. That was one things became...fuzzy.

But for now De'kra was just glad to be returning to Dastan. Pondering something he asked, "How are your neighbors doing by the way? I know the leaders of the civil war were dealt with, but their country did suffer. Should we prepare for danger when we cross their lands?"

After she answers, he will board the boat.

"How about 100 gold for the use of the item. That way you still gain profit and it won't cut too much into my budget."

I was just kidding with the 10%, although I was hoping for something. 100 Gold would be great, but if you want to give less that's fine too.

"Deal!"

I shift away uncomfortably from Denerii. It seems she loves this little devil thing. :hmpf_bad:

I must watch out for her!

I spy Donny boy!

And I love the ship, JB! I didn't know such a tiny thing could look so brilliant.

Maurice watched as Captain Whales and Denerii discussed the conditions of the travel. He gave himself a reminder to stay alert whenever talking to Whales, that captain didn't seem to play by the rules in his attempt to gain more gold and treasure. Hopefully the journey would be free of any embarrassing incidents. Maurice decided to talk some with the first mate, Thimlin.

"Greetings Thimlin, my name is Maurice Ratibor. So, coming directly from Shelbric I've heard, what goods are you shipping?"

Pondering something he asked, "How are your neighbors doing by the way? I know the leaders of the civil war were dealt with, but their country did suffer. Should we prepare for danger when we cross their lands?"

Denerii opened her mouth to say something, but Captain Whales answered instead.

"Hoho! Word has it that them Dastanese be rebuildin' their empire on the inside! Not a whole lot a' security at the border. That's why I hired me some protection. Ye can never be too careful these days. Slavers on the way to Strivvi, mad wizards cooped up on an island... it's to much for an old sailor like meself. Bwahaha! Them bodyguards be below deck if ye wish to speak to 'em. They be a rather friendly bunch for mercenaries, if ye ask me. Ha!"

"Greetings Thimlin, my name is Maurice Ratibor. So, coming directly from Shelbric I've heard, what goods are you shipping?"

6392038821_ee98952d0c_t.jpg

"...Always a pleasure ter meet an esteemed Hero. ...We've been doin' the usual tradin', fine smithy work from Eubric for loads a' lumber from the forests around Shelbric. It be cold season, ye know, the fires ain't gonna feed themselves."