Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

*Finished* - The Pillaging of Neptune's Noggin Lagoon

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 46c

(To start, a huge thanks to those of you who provided input and advice. Also, thanks to Legohaulic for inspiration on the name!)

After a couple of months, bricklink orders and a lot of building, The Pillaging of Neptune's Noggin Lagoon is finally complete! It is my largest MOC to date.

If you want the inside scoop on this MOC, shots of details not included in the pictures, or if you want to see me in a very goofy hat, check out the latest edition of the revolutionary LAMLtv, where this MOC is featured! http://radio.laml.org/pillaging-of-neptunes-noggin-lagoon/

Neptune's Noggin Lagoon is a generally peaceful seaside village and port. The townsfolk live simple lives. But sailing swiftly into the harbor is a fierce pirate ship, bringing with it a hoard of roudy pirates, ready to spill some blood, ransack, and pillage. Armed with what they could find, the villagers retaliate with swords, pitchforks and carpet beaters. Running through the mossy cobble-stone streets, chaos breaks out as the clinking of swords and agonizing screams are all that can be heard. On the other side of the harbor, adjacent to Neptune's Noggin Rock (named due to its likeness to the god of the sea), the Governor looks on in horror and confusion: "What to do now?!". Who will be victorious in this epic battle of good and evil? I have my money on the pirate crew. But that is up to you to decide!

1-125.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

3-102.jpg

5-73.jpg

16-5.jpg

The entire set of pictures can be found on MOCpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/81275

Thank ye as always.

Wow So far it Looks Awesome! Cant wait until the final MOC please show more pictures!

P.S Love the palm tree!

Edited by Genaral armendariz

It looks really really awesome :pir-wub: I think that this will be the best entry released when you'll show us more!

did you Use Jumper to make the walls of the house to the right ? I thought about it but I just don't have enough jumper :/

Edited by Guss

Looking good Sir Nadroj!'

I look forward to seeing the final product! What exactly do you mean by another town section?

Wow thats some cool building techniques! I love the yellow building and how you got the little brown barrel to sit in the water. Are those blue 6 wide arches?

That looks GREAT SirNadroy, I am really looking forward to the final version, and to your ship MOC and the other section(s)!

Looks absolutely amazing so far, I can not wait until you show the finished product. :pir-sweet: I can see someone in the background of the third pic. :pir_laugh2: By the way, weren't you doing an entry with those animal-people?

Holy crap, looks fantastic so far, but what will you do with a BSB if you win?

Your volume of bricks and design skills are so beyond mine I really can't comment on improvement.

But what's with the grey skull/mask thingo I would think your port would stand a better chance of winning?

Dear SirNadroy,

that is starting to look really impressive!

Can't help but wonder what your plan is with the giant "mask" /" rock piece".

As the port is concerned. I like what you've build so far.

For the lighthouse, personally, I would suggest using dark red tiles instead of the current red one.

They seem somewhat flashy, if you know what I mean.

As for the small house, I would suggest some interlonking plates inbetween the jumpers.

Now the wall seems to be seperate piles of plates, which looks a bit weird and feeble.

But as i stated before I really like what you've done up untill now.

Well just my two ducat. :pir-tongue:

Kind regards,

Teddy

By the way, weren't you doing an entry with those animal-people?

I decided against it. I was unsure if it would score well with the judges...

Dear SirNadroy,

that is starting to look really impressive!

Can't help but wonder what your plan is with the giant "mask" /" rock piece".

As the port is concerned. I like what you've build so far.

For the lighthouse, personally, I would suggest using dark red tiles instead of the current red one.

They seem somewhat flashy, if you know what I mean.

As for the small house, I would suggest some interlonking plates inbetween the jumpers.

Now the wall seems to be seperate piles of plates, which looks a bit weird and feeble.

But as i stated before I really like what you've done up untill now.

Well just my two ducat. :pir-tongue:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Lighthouse? Ye means the imperial fort tower. :pir-tongue: I chose regular red ones to go with the classic colour scheme of the original pirate line. I think dark red would throw the pattern off.

Thanks again! :jollyroger:

Very nice MOC SirNadroj! It is very detailed and it is very nice! I can't wait to see the final entry! :D

In the building at right, how did you achieve that crooked stone effect? Is that just bricks not quite put together properly?

Looking really nice Nadroj! I will look out for the final pics too.

In the building at right, how did you achieve that crooked stone effect? Is that just bricks not quite put together properly?

Im pretty sure you just use lots of these 3794.gif and twist them to the desired angles.

Really good so far! I too am wondering where the stone face will fit in...and another town section? By my standards what you've got there is more than enough! The ship's looking great; seeing as it's finished, any chance of a few more pics of just that?

Keep it up; can't wait to see the finished result!

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but where are the animal's going to go? In this entry or another, or in none what so ever?

In other news, this is a great build! The town really has a nice feel to it, the colors are really livily and nice!

SirNadroj, does this MOC have a name yet? I'm in the process of applying a naming convention to all the Pillage the Village entry threads but its rather hard without a name - unless I just substitute "untitled" for the time being.

SirNadroj, does this MOC have a name yet? I'm in the process of applying a naming convention to all the Pillage the Village entry threads but its rather hard without a name - unless I just substitute "untitled" for the time being.

Ummm.. no, not yet. Sorry. :pir-grin: I'll let you know what it is as soon as I think of one, but "untitled" is fine for the time being.

Thanks!

portwip3.jpg

How you do this… with arches, I assume…

but how do you keep the ends at each other... so that they form a circle ???

thx for a reply !

How you do this… with arches, I assume…

but how do you keep the ends at each other... so that they form a circle ???

thx for a reply !

Nobody... :pir-cry_sad:

EDIT CGH: please do not quote posts with images for no reason and dubble post.

Ok, Mr. Phes; the name will be: The Pillaging of Neptune's Noggin Lagoon

Nobody... :pir-cry_sad:

A little patience goes a long way. I use technic half-pins.