Sign in to follow this  
Centaur

LEGO STORE CHIGAGO

Hi everyone! I just got back from chicago (which has a Lego Store). I wandered around in there. No vikings. No Dino sets. No new knights sets. I asked about Vikings, and the guy (who looked at me like i was from mars) told me that while Lego made no vikings, i should check out the line of "viking sets" that megablocks *sick* is producing. i walked away. They had almost notjhing on the shelves, and they had signs saying "Sorry! We are currently experiencing difficulty in our factory. Please come again soon!"

i took pictures, but i cant figure out how to get them off my cell phone onto the comp. (i forgot a digital camera at home). It was dreadful. And sorry Hobbes, no Statue of Liberty (or any other stuff like that (wright flier, sopwith camel,main street, ISD))

That's OK, I'll get it somehow ;)

But what's not OK is an obvious problem in the flow of information from TLC to the stores >:(

Hi everyone! I just got back from chicago (which has a Lego Store). I wandered around in there. No vikings. No Dino sets. No new knights sets. I asked about Vikings, and the guy (who looked at me like i was from mars) told me that while Lego made no vikings, i should check out the line of "viking sets" that megablocks *sick* is producing. i walked away. They had almost notjhing on the shelves, and they had signs saying "Sorry! We are currently experiencing difficulty in our factory. Please come again soon!"

Oh man .....

Is he joking us ?! :'(

He must be on training ....

Nope. Not joking. It was truly a piece of *explicit* Nice selection of clickits though, and a good choice of belvile to compliment that.

I know how it fells. The Lego store near me, outside of Seattle is horrible. They have the biggest idiots there. I asked the guy there about when they are getting the City sets in (i asked in Janurary) and the "nice" 17 year old there said march. So did the manager. I have been back there 3 times since and no such luck. Man i hate that store. I is designed for 4 year olds. They have a great duplo selection. They too have a good clickits slection.

I HATE LEGO STORES. But i heard the Lego Outlet store in Colorado is really good. Well sorry to launch into a hate speech. So long,

I know how it fells. The Lego store near me, outside of Seattle is horrible. They have the biggest idiots there. I asked the guy there about when they are getting the City sets in (i asked in Janurary) and the "nice" 17 year old there said march. So did the manager. I have been back there 3 times since and no such luck. Man i hate that store. I is designed for 4 year olds. They have a great duplo selection. They too have a good clickits slection.

I HATE LEGO STORES. But i heard the Lego Outlet store in Colorado is really good. Well sorry to launch into a hate speech. So long,

I understand ur feeling ..... *wacko*

but at least , u live near a LEGO store ..... :)

Yes I am grateful for that, although it is about a 30 min drive outside Seattle. But i am still lucky.

The Lego store ("imagination centre") in Disney Anaheim was quite excellent.I was there 4 days ago - didn't want to leave.

Sorry to hear about those other stores. TLC really should have some sort of quality control program for their flagship stores.

Gyl

Correct me if I'm wrong............but I think you guys are the lucky ones.

I don't think they are releasing the viking sets here in the US.

I live about 2 hours south of the Chicago Imagination center, and in the past, the people are very helpful. I usually spend a thousand to fifteen hundred there three times a year getting the sets that seriously collect so they dont have price stickers and stuff on them. There are usually some good deals. I like the PAB stuff too.

Jer

Excellent........I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy them from overseas.

I'll be watching for them.

Jer

The only use I've found in the Chicago store is the Pick-a-Brick, since they almost always have light gray 1x4's when I go. Other than that, it's not much other than the pretty interior and the big brick model of a city block.

The last time I was at Downtown Disney was 2003, which I think was before they remodeled, and I thought the selection was excellent. They seemed to have sets that no other retailers put out yet.

Does anyone else go to the Woodfield outlet? I live close by it, and IMO they usually have an up-to-date selection and helpful employees.

And then the one in Massachusetts (the one where Count Blockula had his Sesame Street displayed) I was at last summer on vacation. It was close to closing time, so there was only one clerk there, but I liked him. We actually started going into a discussion of the new Knights' Kingdom line before my dad made me leave.

Which store were you in? There are 3 in Chicago, and the one by me is the best. They've got Dino Attack, city, KK, they were even ahving a big sale on older items last time I checked.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Lego is very poorly managed and their retail venture is no different. There's 3 stores around here and the Chicago location is very small and a very poor choice of where to put a store. Parking fees alone are enough to keep me away for all but the most special occasions. The Pick-a-Brick here is an after thought and a joke. If they had the brains to pick a better location and roll all three stores into one super location like in Minnesota they could clean up but... Oh well.

Woodfield is about 30min from Chicago. You'll find few AFOLS here as LEGO has chosen to chase them all off as the service you received shows however the quality of help at Woodfield isn

The Northbrook one's the best in my opinion. They have a wider selection, and the staffs always been nice when I go there.

Is there a town called Northbrook? Because there is a mall in Downtown Chicago also called northbrook (thats where the Lego store is). If I were to find a good selection of Lego (in the US), where would you guys recommend?

Is there a town called Northbrook?  Because there is a mall in Downtown Chicago also called northbrook (thats where the Lego store is).  If I were to find a good selection of Lego (in the US), where would you guys recommend?

Nothbrook (city of) and Northbrook mall are north of Chicago. The Chicago store is at a place called "The Shops at North Bridge". It's as downtown as you can get.

My first experience at a lego store was last month at the Woodfield Mall. I didn't have much time so i went straight to the PaB. I got a bunch of sand blue 1x4 plates, lots of medium blue bricks, tan bricks, bley 1x3 bricks, etc. They also had lime green and orange 2x4 bricks. I don't know if it was a good selection or not, but i've seen pics of other PaB selections and those seemed very basic compared to the one i bought from.

toe out!

Doh! Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Edited by toe

it seems this experience happened awhile ago now... i wonder if the climate has changed since then. i'd like to visit one of the 3 in chicago somtimes soon, im only a couple hours away.

i wonder if hinckley has any comments ;-) - BM

it seems this experience happened awhile ago now... i wonder if the climate has changed since then. i'd like to visit one of the 3 in chicago somtimes soon, im only a couple hours away.

i wonder if hinckley has any comments ;-) - BM

Yes I have one word for Chicago PAB:

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That goes for all three stores, too. Hope that helped :-$

Sign in to follow this