Migalart

Spectre 501 (long range recon shuttle)

Secret project by Earth empire designed in the 2362. The spacecraft in which the 4 person crew can travel throughout the whole solar system.

Construction time two months.

"Own design"

THIS IS MY FUTURE CARTOON (COMICS) MAIN ACTION AREA

spectresmall01.jpg

spectresmall02.jpg

spectresmall03.jpg

spectresmall04.jpg

spectresmall05.jpg

Project idea – opening areas

The main purpose of this project is to create consistent technically (with some si-fi conditions) space ship. This space ship is planned to be in future main action place of space comics I am going to prepare.

For the comics I am planning to make many pictures outside and inside of the ship. It was crucial the ship to be accessible and playable inside.

In fact the possibilities to make pictures inside was main priority over construction integrity of the ship. For example I divided opening of main windows in navigation room to have possibility to catch the picture “from behind the cockpit”

spectresmall11.jpg

Playability

The vehicle is fully playable. It consists of four main modules

12 opened tabs provides access to the interior and comfortable fun.

The vehicle has 7 doors that can be manipulated from the outside irrespective of the fact that the flaps are open or close. The vehicle also has opened hangar (airlock), speeder in the hold, mobile access to the AI modules and a few other goodies.

spectresmall06a.jpg

spectresmall06.jpg spectresmall07.jpg

Engines and flight

The main power source is a powerful thermo-nuclear reactor, but the vehicle also has a pulse motors. With the ability to transmit a constant acceleration of 0.6 G. The vehicle reaches the orbit of Pluto in just 60-100 days. For astronauts running toward the floor quite nice 0.6 G allowing together with the chemistry of maintaining healthy muscle tissue.

Most of the time ship travels in vertical position (1) using thermal core integrated engine as main thrust power.

It provides 0,6 G acceleration during entire flight.

The ship is not fully aerodynamic, but its strong pulse engines allow flexible operations even at Venus atmosphere

Pulse engines provides strong “escape” speed for the limited time.

spectresmall08.jpg

spectresmall10.jpg

Inside structure

Ship consist of the following areas:

- Hibernation chambers

- Medical support

- Navigation rooms

- Main control room

- Hangar (airlock)

spectresmall09.jpg

Hibernation chambers

There are two dedicated chambers that can provide wide range of hibernation from slowing metabolic time to total freezing.

spectresmall14.jpg

Medical support

Most important equipment here are two medical tables. They are fully automatic and can provide wide range of body regeneration procedures. (in real minifigures can not be put into tables). This tables can also provide limited hibernation options (not fully freezing)

Second important component here are “bio batteries charger”. Astronauts have rebuilded digestive system. They have build in bioenergetics system. In case of activity instead of eating and sleeping they only need to replace special bio batteries once every 36 hours. Ship is equipped with 8 bio batteries.

spectresmall15.jpg

Navigation rooms

There are two separate navigation rooms each with 2 control chairs. By each of this chair astronaut can control every system of the ship. The control is made by direct mind connection (no need for other displays and interface)

The more astronauts are involved in the controlling of the ship more tasks can be split between them.

Either way the AI can control the entire ship by herself (girl personality named Amanda is loaded)

Chairs in control rooms have horizontal position control. They can tilt in opposite direction to the ship maneuver to limit G force negative effect. (idea stolen from Interstellar)

spectresmall12.jpg

spectresmall13.jpg

Main control room

There are two major systems with direct control here. One is thermal core and second is AI.

Both can be switch off here. You can also remove AI memory

spectresmall17.jpg

Hangar (Airlock)

This is the only entrance to the ship. It has small speeder and repairing equipment

spectresmall16.jpg

Landing

Shuttle is equipped with landing pads. But it is too heavy to be really lifted by this pads.

In the early stage of the ship landing pads were integrated part of the ship. Later I removed them and I only place it near to ship to make a pictures.

spectresmall18.jpg

Future and development

This is first version of the ship. I am not sure if it will be final one. I got feedback that the shape of the ship is a bit strange, and I have to admit that the head is in different style than the rest.

I also miss to build repairing robot. So there is a big chance I will develop the project.

High resolution pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/migalart

Edited by Migalart

That is soo awesome! And 12 opening hatches for play access? It's certainly something I want to play with! Great MOC!

This is one of a few MOCs I see that actually have some (or any at all) modularity - VERY WELL DONE, MISTER! :thumbup:

Actually the only thing that would worry me a lot if I was a child willing to play with this "beast" would be it's quite visibly really hugely overdimensioned for a child play (or for any play), really: it is so big that even adult would have problem "swooshing" with it or get around it somehow (what about the child then), sorry. :sceptic:

From my point of view every model considered as playable should be in some reasonable dimensions compared to minifig...unless, as in many cases here on EB, you intended it to be just displayed, then it'd be OK, of course,

But except that I really think it is one of the best/interesting MOCs I saw here on EB with lots of playability/modularity (which should really be the main stuff I think), congrats. :wink:

Edited by bublible

This is one of a few MOCs I see that actually have some (or any at all) modularity - VERY WELL DONE, MISTER! :thumbup:

Actually the only thing that would worry me a lot if I was a child willing to play with this "beast" would be it's quite visibly really hugely overdimensioned for a child play (or for any play), really: it is so big that even adult would have problem "swooshing" with it or get around it somehow (what about the child then), sorry. :sceptic:

From my point of view every model considered as playable should be in some reasonable dimensions compared to minifig...unless, as in many cases here on EB, you intended it to be just displayed, then it'd be OK, of course,

But except that I really think it is one of the best/interesting MOCs I saw here on EB with lots of playability/modularity (which should really be the main stuff I think), congrats. :wink:

thanks a lot

as i have written

this project is mainly to make cartoonnot child play

"Project idea – opening areas

The main purpose of this project is to create consistent technically (with some si-fi conditions) space ship. This space ship is planned to be in future main action place of space comics I am going to prepare.

For the comics I am planning to make many pictures outside and inside of the ship. It was crucial the ship to be accessible and playable inside.

In fact the possibilities to make pictures inside was main priority over construction integrity of the ship. For example I divided opening of main windows in navigation room to have possibility to catch the picture “from behind the cockpit”"

thanks a lot

as i have written

this project is mainly to make cartoonnot child play

"Project idea – opening areas

In fact the possibilities to make pictures inside was main priority over construction integrity of the ship. For example I divided opening of main windows in navigation room to have possibility to catch the picture “from behind the cockpit”"

Oh, sorry then - I didn't noticed that...

Dude... I don't think I've ever seen such an intense MOC presentation before. I love the level of detail you put into this. Not only is it a rather complete spaceship, but it also a movie set. What's most impressive, is that you seemed to have planned out how it "works", which will no doubt figure well in to your comics.

I won't lie and say I love everything about her. She kind of loses me at the bow, but I still respect and understand how and why you made it that way. If I had any concern it would be over stability, only where external shots are concerned. Is she too fragile to get different and interesting angles?

A lot of times you look at a MOC and think "yeah, that's great, but I could do that too if only..." Not this time though. Sure I've thought about it, but looking this over I can't convince my self I'd have the necessary skills or patience to pull something like this off. I am most definitely impressed! I'm glad I came by to catch this. I hope you get a front page for her; after all your hard work you really deserve the exposure.

OK, so.... I am totally in awe of this amazing moc!! :wub:

You have pulled of such a beautiful looking spaceship with an amazingly detailed interior, lots of features which is something I love with spaceships, and it also looks very elegant too. Where will these comic stories be found? I don't normally go for this sort of thing, but the setting already looks amazing, I am quite eager to follow it!

Now, with the updated images, I have to say the amount of modularity is mind blowing :look::wacko::thumbup: ...unbelievable :wub: - definitely the BEST REAL BRICKS BUILD I ever saw - everything thought thoroughly to the most detail, perfect - you are very talented in this regard!!!!! :wink:

... WOW...

Beautiful MOC... Looks like soooooo much fun, I'd love to see this as a set!

C'mon: this would never ever happen - it is unplayable as a set for children (extremely big and heavy for that purpose), BUT as a model that is just displayed somewhere and occassionally presented its modularity, OR - as author said - designed for "cartoon child play" - absolutely fine. :wink:

Edited by bublible

Fabulous! You have done great work both with the exterior and the interior! A lot of nice details! I really liked the hibernation chamber! :sweet:

Whoa, this is spectacular! I love the AI control room, and the Hibernation Chamber detailing, wiring and all, is stunning! Fantastic model inside and out, well done! I have to say, I also love the Spectre Mk. II. :sweet:

Amazing MOC. Thank you for showing this. It has a great shape. I hope to see the stories you are planning to tell with it.

Respect!

Don't change a thing! This is a unique looking ship. Many builds tend to follow certain molds or trends, but this creation laughs most conventions in the face abd draws inspiration from multiple sources.

So to reiterate: Your ship is perfect!

I also like the universe you are creating. Can't wait to follow your comics!

A marvel to behold (and hold of course if that was possible :grin: ).

Hard to believe a ship that size only has a crew of four. Realistic, definitely, but in 'legoworld' sets this large are so to speak packed with minifigs.

Best of luck with the comic you're creating!