Sign in to follow this  
_bIG_fM_

LDD MOC: InterCityExpress 3 (ICE 3)

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to show my prototype of a German ICE 3 (DB Class 403/407), at the moment the most modern high-speed train in Germany

(The pool of ICEs currently will recieve some brandnew ICE 3 (DB Class 407), but there are some delays (as always)).

The brand "InterCityExpress" is one of the most successfull brands in Germany and reaches a 100% degreee of popularity.

It was designed from Siemens and they developed it further into the "Velaro" platform. Velaros are driving in Russia, Spain, China and will

become the next generation of Eurostar trains, which traverse the Channel tunnel.

But after so much of talking, here are the pics:

(I know it needs some work)

lddscreenshot636.png

lddscreenshot637.png

lddscreenshot638.png

lddscreenshot639.png

Interesting design so far '_bIG_fM_'.....keep going and LDraw On ! :grin:

It's LDD! :tongue:

Edited by _bIG_fM_

Really interesting, especially you try to build it in 7w. Things that should be (in my opinion!) modified:

Front window is too wide. It doesn't need those 1×3 black slopes.

The side windows' solution in SNOT is very good, but earlier I experienced by this train, that placing panel on plate on panel etc will be never enough straight, it will have a little curve. It's very annoying.

You can replace three white wedge plate-s with one wedge brick. It will have less "holes".

Hope you continue you work and you will build your train IRL in the future!

Nice design, but move the pantograph to the second car, as those are not on the end cars (Also try to get them directly over the bogies).

Nice design, but move the pantograph to the second car, as those are not on the end cars (Also try to get them directly over the bogies).

Yes, i mentioned the wrong position too late! :laugh:

Really interesting, especially you try to build it in 7w. Things that should be (in my opinion!) modified:

Front window is too wide. It doesn't need those 1×3 black slopes.

The side windows' solution in SNOT is very good, but earlier I experienced by this train, that placing panel on plate on panel etc will be never enough straight, it will have a little curve. It's very annoying.

You can replace three white wedge plate-s with one wedge brick. It will have less "holes".

Hope you continue you work and you will build your train IRL in the future!

I'm not really sure what you mean...

And I'm glad you like it!

Hi Nick, thanks for joining Eurobricks. But:

a. this is a topic from 2011 that you reopened
b. bluntly asking such a such might not be the good strategy

I lock it for now.