The new skirts/kilts attatch to the legs ok but when you try to put a torso on top it dont let you do it unless you scaffold it on then there is a big gap between the body and legs

Cool, new bugs: Take the new "Ring 10067" and attach a 1x1 brick or plate to one side and a 1x1 brick or plate to its other. The ring then allows both studs to intersect, which is usually impossible both in LDD and in real life. As a result, LDD might eventually crash without any proper warning. However, crashing is not properly reproducible: Sometimes LDD crashes, sometimes not. Even if it doesn't crash, the result is obviously an illegal build.

The hole in the "Ring 10067" seems to be not a technic one, so I guess this issue is distinct from the one discussed at http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=65126

EDIT:

Just noticed, that this behaviour occurs with at least one of the older holed pieces as well: "Coupling plate 3176" lets two studs intersect in a similar way, too. So it's not really a new bug :cry3: .

Edited by pbat

nice find pbat. :thumbup:

So what to do? LDD cannot distinguish if a stud has been already inserted from one side, so either we get full connectivyt from both sides, or nothing. Does the ring ever get used in an official set placed on a stud?

EDIT: Yes, it fit's on a minifig hand of course :tongue:

The new skirts/kilts attatch to the legs ok but when you try to put a torso on top it dont let you do it unless you scaffold it on then there is a big gap between the body and legs

Which ones to you mean?

I think that'll be 94984, 600880, 601607 and 95749, as far as skirt/kilts go.

Additionally, 90542, 99464, 50231, 56630, 10904, 42450, 12857, 600815 and 97690 (all sorts of capes and such) have similar issues around minifig necks. Torsos also appear to clip through 97690 at the shoulders, from some angles anyway.

Edited by Commander_Rob

So what to do? LDD cannot distinguish if a stud has been already inserted from one side, so either we get full connectivyt from both sides, or nothing. Does the ring ever get used in an official set placed on a stud?

I guess TLG should do nothing special about this issue. LDD users however should keep in mind that LDD might crash, if studs are inserted in both holes.

I wonder if it's a mistake or done on purpose that a cross axle like 3705 connects to 10067 but a connector peg like 3673 does not. Because the hole in the aforementioned coupling plate 3176 connects to both axles and pegs (and studs, too).

Neither Bricklink nor Peeron do know a brick 10067 by now, so I assume it's pretty new. Maybe it will appear in some LOTR sets due this year. I mean, a ring sure would fit to LOTR. If and how it is connected to a stud, an axle or a peg in any real set is something I don't yet know. EDIT: By now I suppose that LDD's 10067 is identical to bricklink's 11010. It appears in all the sets 9472, 79004, 79000, 9470 but on a minifigure's hand. Neither on a stud, nor on a peg nor on an axle.

Edited by pbat

I think that'll be 94984, 600880, 601607 and 95749, as far as skirt/kilts go.

But then I don't get pbk420's remark, because I'm able to attach the skirts to minifig legs, and then put on a torso. Sure, there is a small gap, but it will connect at least. Or am I missing something :wacko:

I wonder if it's a mistake or done on purpose that a cross axle like 3705 connects to 10067 but a connector peg like 3673 does not. Because the hole in the aforementioned coupling plate 3176 connects to both axles and pegs (and studs, too).

I guess it's because the is not concidered a technic hole. The hole in the coupling plate can be seen as the same type of hole as is in a technic plate, so therefore it works on that one

EDIT: But the ring can put put on the minifig neck. :tongue:

I guess it's because the is not concidered a technic hole. The hole in the coupling plate can be seen as the same type of hole as is in a technic plate, so therefore it works on that one

The hole of the coupling plate 3176 seems to have pretty much the same dimensions as the hole in the ring 10076 / 11010. The coupling plate even fits on a minifig's hand just like the ring does. So I still don't see the point why 10076 connects with axles but not with pegs. It should fit both. Isn't a round hole where any cross axle fits thru and can be rotated to any anlge per definition a technic hole? Is there any difference between holes for pegs and holes for cross axles? So how do I detect a technic hole and distinct it from a regular one?

4489 can’t attach to 4488, 4600, 6157 or 2926 anymore (possibly others too, if there are any).

Loading a pre-4.3.6 lxf file that uses 3960 causes it to be displaced (or deleted if there are bricks in the area it gets displaced to). It always repositions in the same distance/direction.. No idea what that's all about.

So what to do? LDD cannot distinguish if a stud has been already inserted from one side, ...

I wonder why this was not handled by the collision boxes. Each stud has a collision box so there should be a conflict when they intersect.

[/size]

But then I don't get pbk420's remark, because I'm able to attach the skirts to minifig legs, and then put on a torso. Sure, there is a small gap, but it will connect at least. Or am I missing something :wacko:

[/size]

EDIT: But the ring can put put on the minifig neck. :tongue:

Your not missing anything , yes it does connect but the gap is pretty noticeable was all I was saying

Loading a pre-4.3.6 lxf file that uses 3960 causes it to be displaced (or deleted if there are bricks in the area it gets displaced to). It always repositions in the same distance/direction.. No idea what that's all about.

Can you share a file where the 3960 get's removed?

I wonder why this was not handled by the collision boxes. Each stud has a collision box so there should be a conflict when they intersect.

From what I understand, a connection overrides collision boxes For example, a stud can snap to the underside (anti-stud) of a brick, even though the brick is solid square collision box. However, trying to poke a lightsaber blade in the underside of a brick won't work.

Part 87799 (the 2010 Hero Core) will not fit onto part 87801 (Stormer's 2010 chest armor element).

LXF File

Other pieces with a lightsaber-blade-width bar will fit just fine in the connection hole though!

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: Darn it! I just discovered that part 54821 (the Zamor/energy sphere) had its origin moved! :damn: Now every single model made with that piece, including my sphere launcher templates, is messed up! Who did that, and why!?

EDIT 2: My Thornax Launcher template is messed up too! But this time, the launcher arms (64275) can't get as close as they could before to the Thornax fruit (85582)!

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Part 87799 (the 2010 Hero Core) will not fit onto part 87801 (Stormer's 2010 chest armor element).

Good find.

EDIT: Darn it! I just discovered that part 54821 (the Zamor/energy sphere) had its origin moved! :damn: Now every single model made with that piece, including my sphere launcher templates, is messed up! Who did that, and why!?

It seems the ball now actually connects to the 64275 shooter arm, so that could be the reason? (but it doesn't connect to 98564, so that seems to be bug).

EDIT 2: My Thornax Launcher template is messed up too! But this time, the launcher arms (64275) can't get as close as they could before to the Thornax fruit ()!

Maybe the fruit should should also have the connectivity as 64275?

Good find.

Thank you.

It seems the ball now actually connects to the 64275 shooter arm, so that could be the reason? (but it doesn't connect to 98564, so that seems to be bug).

It does connect! Cool! Now I'm not so mad anymore, but I still don't understand why the origin was changed...

EDIT: I cannot connect two launcher halves to a sphere at once without scaffolding.

Maybe the fruit should should also have the connectivity as 64275?

It should, but it doesn't.

By the way, I found another bug: An axle cannot fit through the axle either hole on part 57528, but only less than a half module in.

LXF File

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Can you share a file where the 3960 get's removed?

Try any pre-4.3.6 file from our LDD thread that use the piece, like 70505, 70704 or 21003. Although now that I tried those it moved 3960 and caused whatever piece colliding with it to be removed rather than removing the 3960 piece which it did for me at first. You can quite clearly see that the 3960 moves a specific distance/direction from where it was and it's always the same.

4489 no longer fits on 4488?

Opened up my file of Set 9462 and it told me there were 2 incorrectly placed bricks. Noticed them right away, as the wheels were off of the chariot. I cannot get them new ones back on, and am unable to place new ones on duplicate parts in any circumstance.

Edited by obsidianheart

Try any pre-4.3.6 file from our LDD thread that use the piece, like 70505, 70704 or 21003. Although now that I tried those it moved 3960 and caused whatever piece colliding with it to be removed rather than removing the 3960 piece which it did for me at first. You can quite clearly see that the 3960 moves a specific distance/direction from where it was and it's always the same.

@Superkalle: I do second the observations of @Graysmith. I have a lot of lxf's with 3960 in it, especially as front of steam locomotives. In all cases, if you enter a pre-4.3.6 lxf, it opens with 3960 moved (always the same distance and direction). Once corrected in it's original position and saved, it stays OK. I think it has something to do with some of the bug fixes they executed on 3960.

I have figured out by now. The visor is designed to fit only on Furno's helmet. Thats why we cannot lower it fully on Breeze's, Rocka's and Bulk's helmets. Someone should make a fix patch on that, so it can fit on the three other helmets too.

@Greol: Can you show what you mean that the visor is designed to fit Furnos' helmet?

EDIT: I cannot connect two launcher halves to a sphere at once without scaffolding.

I found that it will work if you do like this:

1) Place first half

2) Place ball

3) Slide technic x-axle at end of half

4) Slide second half over the x-axle until it "connects" to ball

But you can also do like this

1) Place first and second half (at the required 2 module distance)

2) place ball.

So it seems you're supposed to build the launcher first (like IRL), and the stick the ball into place.

But it's really odd that you can't put the ball in place first and then "snap" the second half in place (to get the correct distance between halfs automatically). Seems to be some connectivity logic.

(but I agree this is a very odd way).