Winter Village : The Winter Mercantile

9 replies to this topic

#1 dede_la_fee

dede_la_fee

Member: 14683

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

Posted Image B-OV-24D

So here it is. I've toyed with the idea for weeks... only to start building on earnest yesterday.
I hope you'll like it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Phred, 02 February 2012 - 08:46 PM.

"normality is overrated"
My Flickr Albums

#2 badboytje88

badboytje88

• Bad Lick

Member: 1561

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

I really like the look and feel of this MOC. Nice to see some Friends and Collectables parts used in creations.

Posted Image

Playing Bjorn Borchard Representative from Owlville in Tamamono┬┤s Party Lines Mafia

#3 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

This MOC is one of my favourite ones! The colours go amazingly well together, the tan and red stripes, and the use of 'brick' brick adds the final touch. I can see you used pieces from CMs and Friends, and incorporated them into WV setting. Also the inside of the Mercantile is perfectly crowded with goods. Really well done!  :thumbup: A bit off topic question: your building technique for the ladder, is that a legal one? I remember using it when I was younger, but now I'm not so comfortable to use it now.
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

One of the best one's I've seen in this contest 'dede_la_fee', the exterior looks late 19th/early 20th century USA to me ! :classic:
Good luck and Brick On in the snow 'dede_la_fee' ! :classic:

#5 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

This is great! Nice use of the Leprechaun pots! I love these warm, comforting colors. It reminds me of Parrothead Rasmus's Hogwarts Office. I love the way you did the two roofs inside the house with that nice curve. Good job!

#6 dede_la_fee

dede_la_fee

Member: 14683

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thank you all!

I've been working on a modular bookstore, and I had this bay window in mind, and suddenly, yesterday, I just took it out, and started on the store, for the contest. Just like that... I've tried other things for the winter village, but either it was something already done, or I didn't have the right pieces.

Redhead, for the ladder, I have no idea what is legal and what is not, so I can't answer you. All I can say is that I needed a way for the minifigs to go up to the storage romm but stairs were too space-consuming, and a classic ladder... too simple. By doing it that way, it has a somewhat "metallic service stairs" look, don't you think?
"normality is overrated"
My Flickr Albums

#7 Andy D

Andy D

• Older than Dirt

Member: 12805

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Very nice.  I really like the colors and the style fits perfectly.  There are so many little details to find that I am sure it will take several looks just to see most of it.

Good luck with the contest.

Andy D
Less spending, more building is my plan for 2012!
Get organized and build more is my plan for 2013!
Just build more is my plan for 2014! (Good luck with that!)
Neatness counts!
Let's go sorting

#8 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

This is a great MOC. I really like the color scheme and design of the building. This would fit right in!

Keep up the good work. Good luck!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#9 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postdede_la_fee, on 30 January 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Redhead, for the ladder, I have no idea what is legal and what is not, so I can't answer you... By doing it that way, it has a somewhat "metallic service stairs" look, don't you think?

Thanks for your answer, dede_la_fee. About legality/ilegality of your ladder, I'm not an expert on that either, hence my question. Regardless of the technique, the stairs look great and fit well in the crowded interiors. It's a smart solution with a great look. Good luck in the competion.
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#10 Dix

Dix

Member: 7650

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is a very nice entry. You made some improvements to your entry which I think turned out very well. I like the colour scheme and the frontage.

Good luck in the contest

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users