Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mexican Church

indexed.gif

This will probably be the last building addition to my Mexican Village. The Mexican Church replaces the much larger Spanish Mission as part of a facade/backdrop to the village. After looking at numerous real Mexican churches, I adopted a few architectural designs to create this MOC. I'm finally pleased with the building which looks good from a straight perspective. In fact, I'm almost tempted to expand the back with a simple rectangular addition with red roof, but my tan is getting pretty low now, having to salvage/replace a few pieces to build this.

4186042533_2f5c208737_o.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for all the wonderful feedback to each addition. It truly has encouraged me to continue building.

Like a thief in the night, Brickster strikes again! This is a fine addition to the Mexican theme, with some nice little techniques included to spruce it up from the norm of brick on brick building.

So your saying you only have two tan lion head pieces hey?

Great stuff.

Again, very simple but looks very nice! :thumbup::wub:

Well done with these Brickster, I love looking at each and every one of these Fantastic MOCs.

This one is a nice shape and I love all the Tan. :wub:

Nice job with it!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Another great addition. I really like the two towers (or maybe the right one isn't really to be called a tower, but you get what I mean). The brown together with the tan make a really nice color scheme for your whole Mexican village. I also like the tiled finish this has and the fact that the red is far from being overwhelming. Perhaps add one more 1 x 3 black plate (or two 1 x 1 black tiles) to the cross?

*breathes in* TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN! :wub:

*phew* Sorry about that, but the level of tan in this creation just blew my mind more than a little. Where are those tan lion heads from, I'd rather die now than never get them!

A very fun moc again TheBrickster, I really enjoy the themes you crank out when in full swing. The left tower is my favourite part of the church, the roof of it especially. However - and I think this will be the first and hopefully last time I ever say this, but I think there's too much tan, I'd like to see a little more colour variety, especially in the middle section.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Hello!

The chruch rounds up your village nicely. :classic: Although I also liked the Mission. But at least there's also an nice cactus. Plus I like the structure for the red roof provided by the grill bricks. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I know you've done a lot of ruins, but, if you're running low on tan, a ruined church might work. This has potential to be a very nice ruin.

Steve

Where are those tan lion heads from, I'd rather die now than never get them!

They came in some HP sets such as 4733 Dueling Club and certain Castle sets such as 6098 King Leo's Castle and some other KKI themed sets as well. These sets date back 2000 - 2002. With a little luck you can find some of these parts in used sets offered for sale on eBay but if you are looking for larger quantities BL is your way to go.

I like this more than the other church. The first one was fine, but this building seems more proportionate and the style of architecture looks more accurate.

If this is going to be your last building in this line, you could probably take apart the other building first and use the pieces to finish this church.

This MOC looks simply amazing, TheBrickster! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks absolutely realistic, the colors and the architecture fit very well! :oh:

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

They came in some HP sets such as 4733 Dueling Club and certain Castle sets such as 6098 King Leo's Castle and some other KKI themed sets as well. These sets date back 2000 - 2002. With a little luck you can find some of these parts in used sets offered for sale on eBay but if you are looking for larger quantities BL is your way to go.

Thanks for that info, much appreciated, I'll try and hunt them down as they will be most useful for a moc I'm working on :classic:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Sorry Batbrick, I missed your question. Mine came from Knights Kingdom 6094 Guarded Treasure. The set isn't too good, but it has a few nice parts (like these).

I also used them for my Grimwell Manor:

grimwellmanor2.jpg