Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Since Peppermint M said to make a thread about the series, and no one else had done it yet, I thought I would start one here.

This thread is to discuss the series only. If your looking for the set discussion, head over to the action themes forum and click on Ninjago 2012. Please do not post any lies about the series or troll. You do have the right to share your opinion but not troll. This thread is used for disscussion od all the seasons of the series.

So the latest episode was The Green Ninja. Probably one of the most anticipated episodes of Season 2. I've only seen it in Korean so far but it should be on Youtube any day now.

Also some word for UK fans; My son just received his Lego Club Magazine and it said they were showing 26 new Ninjago Mini Movies at Showcase, Empire, and Apollo Cinemas :wacko:

I don't really see the point in this, and I don't see why TLG don't just stick it on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

Or they're showing them at cinemas first, and then on TV.

As long as it gets a UK DVD release, I'm fine :thumbup:

Ah, good. The Ninjago topic was getting too cluttered for me to even make sense of it.

So, so far there has been no sign of the Epic Dragon in the show. Is it not going to make an appearance, or have they just been keeping it a secret? Honestly, I wouldn't mind either way. While a monster battle between a giant snake and a dragon would be cool, a classic "David and Goliath" (this time Ninjas and Snake) would also be welcome.

Kalhiki

Ah, good. The Ninjago topic was getting too cluttered for me to even make sense of it.

So, so far there has been no sign of the Epic Dragon in the show. Is it not going to make an appearance, or have they just been keeping it a secret? Honestly, I wouldn't mind either way. While a monster battle between a giant snake and a dragon would be cool, a classic "David and Goliath" (this time Ninjas and Snake) would also be welcome.

Kalhiki

Considering the fact that

Jay and Lloyd are in the Epic Dragon Battle set

I believe that

Jay will attempt to fight the Great Devourer on his own, only to be captured and/or eaten, and then Lloyd will have to defeat the Great Devourer on his own with the help of the Epic Dragon

Also,

Sensei Wu is in a cage in the Epic Dragon Battle set, so that could mean that he is captured by the snakes. Also, from the boxart & Toyfair images, it appears that Garmadon will unite the four weapons, perhaps helping Lloyd to defeat the Great Devourer? Also, since Pythor doesn't appear in the Epic Dragon battle, it could mean one of two things:

• 1. Pythor isn't present, or dead, when the Great Devourer is summoned.
    2. Pythor is eaten or killed after the Great Devourer is summoned.

This is all speculation based on figure placement in sets, however, so I could very well be wrong.

Edited by Poison Ivy

Sensei Wu is in a cage in the Epic Dragon Battle set, so that could mean that he is captured by the snakes. Also, from the boxart & Toyfair images, it appears that Garmadon will unite the four weapons, perhaps helping Lloyd to defeat the Great Devourer? Also, since Pythor doesn't appear in the Epic Dragon battle, it could mean one of two things:

• 1. Pythor isn't present, or dead, when the Great Devourer is summoned.
    2. Pythor is eaten or killed after the Great Devourer is summoned.

This is all speculation based on figure placement in sets, however, so I could very well be wrong.[/color]

He and Garmadon get eaten. :sad:

Also, IIRC, it's "jitzu" not "jitsu"

-Sci

-Sci

Damn. Just when I was starting to like them, too. Way to go, TLG. :hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

Seriously, they could have killed off some more annoying characters first (Like Skales and Slithraa :sick: ), but nooo, they have to kill off some of the characters that actually make the show worth watching.

Note: I may be taking this far too seriously, it is just TV after all.

-Sci

For the love of Spinjitsu, Mark. The. Episode. Above. The. Spoiler. And to think I almost made it to the end of the season spoiler-free. :hmpf::hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

Also, if you're speculating, there's no need for a spoiler, as it's just speculation. (That's why I even opened this one at all, I was expecting further speculation, not an actual spoiler. :wall: )

Am I the only one who is getting a bit annoyed with Lord Garmadon? He is supposedly evil, but he isn't really. If he were truly evil, he wouldn't have so easily agreed to work and live with his brother and the ninjas, and he would have betrayed them by stealing the mystic weapons and taking off with them and Lloyd at the end of the last episode. It's like being evil isn't a matter of choice in the world of Ninjago. He's kind of like "I got bitten by the Great Devourer, so I guess I'm evil now. Oh well, nothing I can do about it." :hmpf:

I liked him much better back when he was commanding an undead skeleton army, so if the Devourer does come back to finish the job, good riddance. :sadnew: Although I'd be quite sad if he gets Pythor too. He's a pretty good villain.

Am I the only one who is getting a bit annoyed with Lord Garmadon? He is supposedly evil, but he isn't really. If he were truly evil, he wouldn't have so easily agreed to work and live with his brother and the ninjas, and he would have betrayed them by stealing the mystic weapons and taking off with them and Lloyd at the end of the last episode. It's like being evil isn't a matter of choice in the world of Ninjago. He's kind of like "I got bitten by the Great Devourer, so I guess I'm evil now. Oh well, nothing I can do about it." :hmpf:

I liked him much better back when he was commanding an undead skeleton army, so if the Devourer does come back to finish the job, good riddance. :sadnew: Although I'd be quite sad if he gets Pythor too. He's a pretty good villain.

Personally, I think that it was quite good that he was willing to team up with the good guys to save his son, as it demonstrates that no, the Great Devourer didn't make him into a no-holds-barred evil maniac and override his human values entirely. All it did was taint him with hatred and dark ambition. It's not as though it controlled his thoughts in any way, but it definitely twisted his thoughts enough that nobody could turn him back onto the path of good.

In other words, I feel about the opposite of how you feel about Garmadon's treatment this season. In my opinion it makes him a more complex villain to know that he is fully able to resist the call of evil when he needs to to protect the things he values most, but that villainy has become a part of who he is, and he chooses a path of evil when the cards are down.

Never in the show does Lord Garmadon try to claim that he was not in control of his own decisions from the time the Devourer bit him onward. He justifies all of his actions internally rather than relying on external excuses. What the Devourer's bite really effectively does, though, is gives Sensei Wu a reason to respect his brother in spite of the path he has taken. After all, Lord Garmadon feels all the blame for what has become of him is Sensei Wu's fault... and in this case, he's not entirely wrong. That's my interpretation, anyway.

Perhaps the best portrait of Lord Garmadon's sinister thought processes can be seen in the story "The Choice" from the book Zane: Ninja of Ice, when Garmadon explains himself to Zane. In his mind, his attempt to use the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu was righteous compared to Sensei Wu's desire that they remain locked up so nobody could use them. He reframes all his experiences up to and including the Ninjago creation story in a way that makes sense to him-- his father created Ninjago not as an act of benevolence, but because as Garmadon understands it his two sons did not satisfy his need for worship and adoration. I definitely recommend that book, which remains my favorite of the Ninjago books I've read so far.

-Sci

Relating to episode 13:

No, Pythor gets eaten, Garmadon kills the Devourer with the Golden Weapons and disappears in the following explosions of its innards.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

Speaking of "All of Nothing", was anyone else a bit underwhelmed? Something was just...off. It was great getting to see the skeletons again, and Lloyd finally getting back into the action was great, but...not the greatest episode. That's two in a row now that have left me wanting something more; I hope the next two episodes don't disappoint...

Speaking of "All of Nothing", was anyone else a bit underwhelmed? Something was just...off. It was great getting to see the skeletons again, and Lloyd finally getting back into the action was great, but...not the greatest episode. That's two in a row now that have left me wanting something more; I hope the next two episodes don't disappoint...

I was pretty disappointed, yeah.

It wasn't nearly as breathtaking as the previous four episodes when the Ninja unlocked their true potential. Also, unlike some previous episodes in which Lord Garmadon stood out as a complex, conflicted villain, here it felt as though he was simply using the Great Devourer's bite as an excuse to be evil rather than actually showing any darker character traits or meaningful internal conflict. It also wasn't made clear at all what type of information he would even need to download from the bridge of the Destiny's Bounty (hopefully that will be referred to in a later episode, but I have doubts). I hope the finale will do his character more justice.

As for Lloyd, his clumsiness was somewhat funny, but it was a bit annoying that the prophecy regarding the four weapons of Spinjitzu were the only indication of his destiny as the Green Ninja. I know that without any ninja training (and at such a young age) his awkwardness is understandable, but I wish he showed at least some signs of greater potential.

The skeletons vs. snakes fight would have been more impressive with better fight-scene choreography, especially Nuckal and Kruncha's roles had been played more seriously rather than purely for comic relief. Fight scenes are one area in which I feel the series as a whole can be somewhat lacking. There are exceptions, of course, like the fight in "Snakebit", which I think was very well-handled.

Yup, it's just like I said before. In the first Ninjago episodes, he had a clear ambition, but now he just does things simply because he was bitten by a snake. :hmpf_bad: But at least he now showed that he does have a choice to be good if he wants to. Unless he only saved the ninjas just to steal their weapons later on, but I doubt it.

I think the reason why the episode was lacking is because the ninjas were defeated too easily in the beginning and didn't really do anything for most of the episode, putting their trust into the 7 year-old son of their nemesis for their rescue. And it's just dumb luck that they escaped at the end.

Has anyone got a video link to the latest episode "All of Nothing"?

Just type it into youtube. It's on there now.

Pretty amazing cliffhanger tonight. Will Sensei Wu be eaten? Stay tuned for next week's episode to find out more! Rate it a 10/10.

By the way, for those who have seen the Korean version of Final Hour Part 1, doesn't it sound like Pythor is saying chicken in one scene?

My thoughts on the latest episode:

The serpentine bus fight was amazing! I would love to build that, but am out of lime green. It was neat to see Pythor use his ability's again,am I the only one who was amazed to see Pythor scared? I also really think that Nya, while sort of a background character, had excellent and funny lines, and hearing her say that she was trying to duck, that had me on the floor! On the subject of the devourer, I thought it was in the statue too, but, true to the episodes name, it came out in a very surprising manner.

Thoughts on the season finale:

Wow. :thumbup: This was an amazing episode, nothing I disliked. The battle in the city was outstanding, the creation of the USR, just..awesome.

I was a bit disappointed though. I watched the credits, and there was no Coming this fall, Season Three.. thing..

A few questions for you all:

*I can't remember, but did Pythor get eaten? I slightly remember him jumping out of the way..

*Would anyone else want an exclusive robot-eyed Zane minifigure? I would :D

and

*What was your favorite part of the episode?

That's it for now. :wink:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Thoughts on the season finale:

Wow. :thumbup: This was an amazing episode, nothing I disliked. The battle in the city was outstanding, the creation of the USR, just..awesome.

I was a bit disappointed though. I watched the credits, and there was no Coming this fall, Season Three.. thing..

A few questions for you all:

*I can't remember, but did Pythor get eaten? I slightly remember him jumping out of the way..

*Would anyone else want an exclusive robot-eyed Zane minifigure? I would :D

and

*What was your favorite part of the episode?

That's it for now. :wink:

-Sci

WHERE WAS LLOYD AND ALL THE GREEN NINJA ACTION? Only bad about the season finale. Season three, please!

1. Yes, Pythor is dead. Pity, he was awesome.

2. Yes!

3. The destruction of the Great Devourer.

I for one am glad Lloyd didn't get big legs or use the Dragons to defeat the Devourer; I had thought the episode would be spoiled because of the Epic Dragon Battle packaging but I'm glad it wasn't. What a finish to the show! Definitely the best episode!

Yes Pythor died and I'm just fine with that.

You can actually make a Zane with half cut-off face, but the eye has to be green. You can use THIS piece. Although I'm sure some customization can remedy that. (If you're into that)

My favorite part had to be when Garmadon unleashed that awesome shock wave before attacking the Devourer. Awesome.

Here’s hoping season 3 is even better! (If they have another season, which they should given the success of this season)

Wow! I haven't made a new topic in a while! Let's start a long new streak of posts with this one.

As you may have heard or seen, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu season two need with a bang. Pythor died, the Great Devourer was destroyed by Lord Garmadon and the Golden Weapona, and peace had returned to the world. Questions still remain unanswered, though. What really happened to Pythor? I know I said he died, but this hasn't been entirely confirmed. He either got eaten by the Great Devourer and died, or escaped. So... what storyline would you like to see in Ninjago in the future?

Wow! I haven't made a new topic in a while! Let's start a long new streak of posts with this one.

As you may have heard or seen, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu season two need with a bang. Pythor died, the Great Devourer was destroyed by Lord Garmadon and the Golden Weapona, and peace had returned to the world. Questions still remain unanswered, though. What really happened to Pythor? I know I said he died, but this hasn't been entirely confirmed. He either got eaten by the Great Devourer and died, or escaped. So... what storyline would you like to see in Ninjago in the future?

Discuss the TV series in here.

Topic merged. Please continue to discuss it in here with with the rest of the members. Thank you.

Could THIS be a confirmation of more Ninjago episodes? It says they are working on a new LEGO show, but if you scroll to the section where it says returning shows, you can see it lists Ninjago as one. If there IS to be two LEGO shows on CN this fall, I'll be happy.

Edited by Drilll

Why is everyone saying that Pythor is dead? :wacko: I didn't see him get eaten by the Devourer (he went straight for Wu) and even if he did get eaten, Sensei survived it, so why wouldn't he. It would be nice to see him return at some point, but for now I think I've seen enough of snakes. It will be interesting to see what Garmadon will do now that he has all the weapons, even though the whole blaming the Devourer for being evil really ruined his character.

It was a pretty good episode. lots of nice action and flashy effects. And while the ending was a bit cliche and not what I was expecting, it was still pretty cool. I thought Lloyd would discover his true potential and turn into the fabled green ninja and defeat the snake, but I guess we'll have to wait for next season for that, which is probably a good thing. Garmadon finishing off the Devourer was probably my favorite part. And yes, we need robot-eye Zane.

Could THIS be a confirmation of more Ninjago episodes? It says they are working on a new LEGO show, but if you scroll to the section where it says returning shows, you can see it lists Ninjago as one. If there IS to be two LEGO shows on CN this fall, I'll be happy.

and a new CG-animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, Beware The Batman. Also, on the heels of the hugely successful Ninjago launch in 2011—currently the #1 show across 1st Quarter 2012 with all boys—a new partnership with LEGO for a second series was announced by the network as it continues to build on its slate of diverse content.

• New LEGO Project: Following the instant ratings success of the CG-animated Ninjago, LEGO and Cartoon Network plan to expand their partnership with an all-new series from LEGO for 2013.

Edited by CM4S